The 2024 UFL Thread

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Wade Phillips won a playoff game!

Former Bill Marquez Stevenson was the offensive player of the game. UFL OPoY Hakeem Butler didn't play his best game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Former Bill Marquez Stevenson was the offensive player of the game. UFL OPoY Hakeem Butler didn't play his best game.

Couldn't keep both feet in bounds on at least two big catches. Little stuff like that is why you don't stick in the NFL.

Butler is who I'm referring to.

Brahmas played old school football, efficient running game and good defense.

That's what every team should be focusing on in a league with no QBs.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

nice.  Cracked 1 million for the first time since week 1. 

still with no one in the stands (minus STL).  How long will Disney and ESPN fund the huge production costs of live football with the revenue (gate plus TV ads) under 850k viewers brings in?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

cool! He could be the next “He Hate Me!”

the brain trust of Daboll/Schoen never sleeps!!

imagine being a Giants fan at this point….oof!

years ago i was in an uber, and the driver told me that his cousin was he hate me.  he then made an appointment at my office and never showed up.  that was my brush with greatness.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

years ago i was in an uber, and the driver told me that his cousin was he hate me.  he then made an appointment at my office and never showed up.  that was my brush with greatness.

lol touché! 

i think it’s more important that one might floss with greatness, agreed?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Promo from what I watched I honestly thought the competition was pretty good, for what it is.

Every league has good and bad games. Too bad the UFL championship was a clunker. Attendance lagged but TV ratings were decent enough. I eager to hear if they are coming back for another year. 

I read that Memphis is going to be dropped. How do you think Buffalo would do? One one hand who would care? On the other, 5 or 6 more chances to tailgate. If they keep tickets reasonable, why wouldn't Buffalo draw 12-15K? The only thing is the team has to be competitive.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every league has good and bad games. Too bad the UFL championship was a clunker. Attendance lagged but TV ratings were decent enough. I eager to hear if they are coming back for another year. 

I read that Memphis is going to be dropped. How do you think Buffalo would do? One one hand who would care? On the other, 5 or 6 more chances to tailgate. If they keep tickets reasonable, why wouldn't Buffalo draw 12-15K? The only thing is the team has to be competitive.

I think Buffalo would have a good turn out, but they should stick to non-NFL cities. Salt Lake City, Portland, San Diego... They don't seem to want to spread out too far yet.

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't see that Memphis was being dropped in the end of season story in TBN, in fact I thought Russ Brandon said it was going to grow.

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every time they do these leagues, Promo, I am curious about a Buffalo franchise.

I’m not sure how it would do, but I’d love to see it at least once. I’d go.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Every time they do these leagues, Promo, I am curious about a Buffalo franchise.

I’m not sure how it would do, but I’d love to see it at least once. I’d go.

All teams are based and train in Arlington TX, then fly to whichever city they are scheduled to play in. So they only need a place to play in Buffalo. Highmark is defiantly too large but is where we go to watch football. Then there's UB Stadium and All High in North Buffalo.

Meanwhile the UFL announce 8 players signed to NFL teams. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ufl-announces-eight-players-have-signed-with-nfl-teams

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.