The 2024 UFL Thread

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

AJ McCarron would still be a backup QB in the NFL if he had the right mindset for it. The fact is that he wants to play, so he's not good backup QB material. With that attitude, I bet he's not very supportive of the starting QB.

Not saying it's necessarily the wrong mindset. He should absolutely want to play and find a place to play, but it needs to be in a minor league.

McCarron has said he chose to keep playing in the UFL so his children get to see dad start and play football. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

McCarron has said he chose to keep playing in the UFL so his children get to see dad start and play football. 

Yeah, it seems like a matter of pride. Can't blame him for wanting to be the starter, though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Other than these leagues have folded within a few years or less every time they have existed?  Is that a real question?

Anyway, it should be obvious that reruns of owned content would be far cheaper to fill a broadcast schedule than a live football broadcast.  A live football game is probably one of the most expensive things these networks could broadcast on weekend afternoons.  This is intuitively true

They're going longer every time. That should be obvious. This is the third season for the USFL teams and the XFL only took a break because of McMahon's shenanigans. They've set expectations better than the previous leagues and are following the MLS business model, which has managed to survive and maintain a broadcast presence despite poor national interest.

Have no fear, the league will still be here for you to gleefully disparage next year, with FOX even airing games on Friday nights.

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

AJ McCarron would still be a backup QB in the NFL if he had the right mindset for it. The fact is that he wants to play, so he's not good backup QB material. With that attitude, I bet he's not very supportive of the starting QB.

Not saying it's necessarily the wrong mindset. He should absolutely want to play and find a place to play, but it needs to be in a minor league.

AJ McCarron is a low end number two... He's basically a number three 

And most teams don't keep three quarterbacks...

He certainly is not at the top of backups

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most of the QBs you've heard of in the UFL, McCarron, Eitling, Perez, Ta'amu, all had alt least a cup of coffee in the NFL. But all belong in the UFL. Nothing wrong with that. The Peter Principle at work.

But last year 102 spring players got invited to an NFL camp. That's 1-in-4 UFL players. Only one or two stuck, but the point is they earned a look. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Agree. I never liked him.

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

I was at the gym last night and I the Washington Defenders were playing. 

I thought WTF. They were relegated??

One could only hope...

6 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't get why so many posters post something here negative about the UFL. If ya don't like it don't watch it!

Go Panthers

It's because their parents didn't love them

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't get why so many posters post something here negative about the UFL. If ya don't like it don't watch it!

Go Panthers

Some people just can't help pissing on other people's corn flakes.

If it's not a bunch of millionaires playing football, they can't enjoy it. But they don't want YOU to enjoy it either.

So they come into the UFL thread just to let you know they are better than that. Like "Don't give me that baloney, I want NFL"

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

AJ McCarrons wife is looking good in her white shorts, Brent Musberger would agree

She's amazing. Clearly doesn't care for the spotlight. Everytime I see them in a group she's just hanging back not saying anything.

• Like (+1) 1