PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They did it by a combination of spend and seniority. FWIW, I went through this process 15 years ago and we did it the same way. You need to get the most expensive stuff sold first. That’s what has the shortest list of potential replacements. It’s harder to sell 500 club seats than 500 upper level seats. 

The people that sat in a particular area the longest, are getting the first choice in that area (for the most part). It isn’t perfect but it’s absolutely the right way to do it and how others do it.

So someone in the last row of the upper deck in the corner who has had seasons for 2 years has priority in that section over a long time season ticket holder who had 50 yard line lower bowl seats and was priced out of his comparable section in the new stadium. 

Sorry, I will never agree that this was the best and fairest process. 

Disclaimer…I have no stake in the game

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Agree 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

So someone in the last row of the upper deck in the corner who has had seasons for 2 years has priority in that section over a long time season ticket holder who had 50 yard line lower bowl seats and was priced out of his comparable section in the new stadium. 

They do not… The 50 yard line seats are more expensive and are in line first. It’s a combination of spend and seniority. They would have the opportunity to downgrade prior to the other person. That’s how my appointment went. I didn’t accept what was originally offered and got the next price level down before they went to the next group. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Why does everyone think “seniority” makes them special and worthy of perks?  I was with my company 35 years and all I got was a ***** blender. It makes a good smoothie, I’ll give ya that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They do not… The 50 yard line seats are more expensive and are in line first. It’s a combination of spend and seniority. They would have the opportunity to downgrade prior to the other person. That’s how my appointment went. I didn’t accept what was originally offered and got the next price level down before they went to the next group. 

…but what if you chose to go to upper deck end zone?  Then where do you fall in the pecking order?

20 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Why does everyone think “seniority” makes them special and worthy of perks? 

Because we get perks for seniority, that's how the business is done.  Want to change seats in the offseason?  First choice goes to the people with seniority, every year.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can tell them what you want and get called prior to it starting. That’s what I did.

Then I misunderstood.  I thought all the current STH in said upper deck sections would go before 50 yard line lower bowl STH who want to

downgrade. 

Edited by LabattBlue

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Then I misunderstood.  I thought all the current STH in said upper deck sections would go before 50 yard line lower bowl STH who want to

downgrade. 

That’s not what my experience was. I was able to downgrade before the people up next were able to get the seats. We ended up with aisle seats, on the price break and saved $5K per PSL. 

The whole “try to sell the highest priced PSLs first” is logical. First they don’t really know what their take rate will be on the PSLs and based on everything I am hearing about the Buffalo market is that they are likely going to get am much lower take rate than in other cities. This means they will be looking at the take rate from each tier and may actually adjust the other tiers downward as needed. For instance they are offering the visitor sideline before the home sideline. I would guess if they get a crappy take rate in the visitor sideline that their likely intent to add say 25% to the home sideline might have to shift downward just so they can get a number of takers they want. 

From the NY Post:   

Let’s not overlook Woody Johnson, the Jets’ owner who allowed an off-to-prison con artist and bogus radio and TV ad campaigns, in concert with Roger Goodell’s bogus “good investment” claim, to peddle his PSLs.

The Jets’ PSL contract contains my favorite fine-print clauses. It reads that no matter who represented the Jets in selling you this PSL, and no matter what claims and promises they made to close the deal, it’s to be ignored in favor of what appears in this contract.