PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

Just now, Da webster guy said:

The reality is the free market will decide what the PSL's are worth.   Not Terry.  

When MetLife opened my PSL's were originally 10k per seat. Sales were not doing well at all. I got an e-mail from them that they were being reduced to 5k per seat. Sales picked up at that price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Per Channel 2 News...

According to the Bills, 3,602 club level PSL’s were sold between March 13 and June 30.

This figure amounts to $65.4M in sales.

According to the PLS report obtained by WGRZ, $18.9M has been collected so far from PSL sales.

PSL WGRZ

Edited by DRutka

34 minutes ago, DRutka said:

Per Channel 2 News...

According to the Bills, 3,602 club level PSL’s were sold between March 13 and June 30.

This figure amounts to $65.4M in sales.

According to the PLS report obtained by WGRZ, $18.9M has been collected so far from PSL sales.

PSL WGRZ

According to @Kirby Jackson on April 10 (p. 50 in this topic) there are 450 Founders Seats and 5,500 East Club seats. Not sure if these clubs are combined in the above Channel 2 news report so it appeats that either 61% or 65% of club seats are sold. I am not counting Field Clubs in the total.

Edited by Mr Info

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

According to @Kirby Jackson on April 10 (p. 50 in this topic) there are 450 Founders Seats and 5,500 East Club seats. Not sure if these clubs are combined in the above Channel 2 news report so it appeats that either 61% or 65% of club seats are sold. I am not counting Field Clubs in the total.

Why not? Those would presumably be included in the Bills numbers.

46 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Why not? Those would presumably be included in the Bills numbers.

I believe that sale of Field Club seats have just started so those numbers should be included in the next update. Founders and East Club seats have been sold during the entire time frame indicated by Channel 2 News.

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I believe that sale of Field Club seats have just started so those numbers should be included in the next update. Founders and East Club seats have been sold during the entire time frame indicated by Channel 2 News.

Is that seats or PSL by group? If that’s seats, YIKES. If only 60% of the club seats have been sold, and they’re close to opening up sales to non-club seat holders, they’re in trouble.

No surprise that people who initially said “no” are getting call-backs with offers for cheaper seats. It also explains why the Bills ran that full-page ad—sorry, article—in the Buffalo News a couple of weeks ago, pushing FOMO.

Pete mentioned their sales rate was down to 65%. I wonder if it’s dropped into the 50s by now.

Edit: Just read that it is per SEAT. Yeah… that’s bad. 6,125 total club seats and they have sold approximately 58%. They’re selling ~ 240 seats per week. At this pace it will take them 4.5 more years to get to all the season ticket holders. This is because their sales rate is lower than they expected. When 4 or 5 out of 10 people say “no”, it takes a lot longer to get the seats sold.

Edited by Einstein

On 8/19/2024 at 8:21 AM, Just Jack said:

Clubs always had their version of a PSL, called a Club Seat License, that is paid yearly, not a one time purchase.  

Been a while since I had my tix in the Van club but I seem to remember something like $68 per game or so was what the PSL was. Ah, the good old days.

To think I would be asked to give $50K per seat x 2 seats in the new stadium. My old lady, or darling wife to the young uns here, already said a divorce would be on the table the next day!

9 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Been a while since I had my tix in the Van club but I seem to remember something like $68 per game or so was what the PSL was. Ah, the good old days.

To think I would be asked to give $50K per seat x 2 seats in the new stadium. My old lady, or darling wife to the young uns here, already said a divorce would be on the table the next day!

Wise woman.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The family got the call today about our appointment for the stadium presentation.  Surprisingly, they told my father the price of the tickets and PSL over the phone.  We've had seniority since the stadium opened and sit visitors site, 40 yard line, 25 rows back.  We currently pay about $240 a ticket.

We are being offered to sit in section 136 (Visitor side 50 yard line).

PSL - 10k per ticket

Tickets - $400 per

Are they out of their minds with this crap?  It sucks, but we will not be buying tickets and our 60 year ownership will come to an end.  We kind of knew this was coming, but were hoping to be wrong.  Pegula is absolutely tone deaf to the Buffalo economy and made his first mistake hiring the Jerry Jones people for the stadium.  

We most likely won't renew next season either, so this will be our last year as season ticket holders.  

@K-No

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The family got the call today about our appointment for the stadium presentation.  Surprisingly, they told my father the price of the tickets and PSL over the phone.  We've had seniority since the stadium opened and sit visitors site, 40 yard line, 25 rows back.  We currently pay about $240 a ticket.

PSL - 10k per ticket

Tickets - $400 per

Are they out of their minds with this crap?  It sucks, but we will not be buying tickets and our 60 year ownership will come to an end.  We kind of knew this was coming, but were hoping to be wrong.  Pegula is absolutely tone deaf to the Buffalo economy and made his first mistake hiring the Jerry Jones people for the stadium.  

We most likely won't renew next season either, so this will be our last year as season ticket holders.  

@K-No

Sorry to hear that Virgil. Many fans wanted (and the Bills surely needed) a new stadium, but it definitely comes at a significant cost. As regards your Pegula statement I guess we’re all going to see. The new stadium is a chance for the organization to do a reset on pricing. You can just imagine the firestorm that would’ve ensued if they decided to double your ticket price for the same seat in the same stadium. So…I’m guessing they already know that others are going to swoop in and take your legacy seats.

What’s something worth? What ever someone is willing to pay for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/30/2024 at 11:06 PM, beerme1 said:

I have a few divorced friends who would think this is a bargain compared to what it cost them.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

PSL - 10k per ticket

Tickets - $400 per

@K-No

dang that’s steep for non-clubs. Thanks for the data point.  (Pretty sure the Field Level Clubs on the Bills’ sideline are around the same price per game, aren’t they?)

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

PSL - 10k per ticket

Tickets - $400 per

@K-No

Kind of where I’m at. I fully expected a double in ticket prices. It the psls is definitely higher than I expected 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

PSL - 10k per ticket

Tickets - $400 per

@K-No

I realize you might not want to do this and i'm completely out of the loop on how this works, but could you not accept tickets in a cheaper PSL area to retain your tickets? I'm legit curious as you said you were offered those seats but could you accept lesser seats?