PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

8 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

im a long time seat holder and approaching 60 when the new one opens.  Hoping it might mean a little less (not none, just less) standing throughout the game to see.  I’ll probably be ok and get to sit a little more, now that we’ll be row 3 in the field clubs.  Doesn’t make me less of a fan, and I cheer loud, but age catches up sadly.

Same here. I’ll be 60 when the new stadium opens. Sitting during a game for 3+ hours becomes more important!

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone considering  waiting until one year after the new stadium opens to gain some true market info before attempting to buy PSL/Tix?  Could either be on secondary market…or potentially unsold PSLs directly from the Bills? 

My parents and I each have two seasons tix accounts in the lower bowl with 60+ years seniority. I can still access games if I decide to be patient with my own tix and bail on my account. I feel like being patient for a year may be worth it for someone like myself who absolutely plans on keeping the tix around forever to pass along to my young kids.

Buying at the price set by the bills really doesn’t allow you to get a sense of the true market for PSLs. In my opinion there is ZERO chance they go up in value… and may lose a significant chunk of value after the first year or two. In essence PSLs are a 30 year membership providing access to buy tix… every year that passes, PSL value diminishes.  I sense that some people don’t want to miss out on getting tix for the first year in the new stadium because a good sales pitch made them believe there is going to be scarcity of ticket access. The Bills hold all of the information in this process, and it provides them a significant advantage. The moment PSLs hit the secondary market, or the bills are stuck with unsold PSL’s the dynamic shifts. 

I also think back to when I bought a different set of season tix 3 years ago… club and premium seasons tix were available. That was pre PSL…there’s no way they become completely scarce with the PSL and increased ticket added to the equation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Diggstheprocess said:

Anyone considering  waiting until one year after the new stadium opens to gain some true market info before attempting to buy PSL/Tix?  Could either be on secondary market…or potentially unsold PSLs directly from the Bills? 

My parents and I each have two seasons tix accounts in the lower bowl with 60+ years seniority. I can still access games if I decide to be patient with my own tix and bail on my account. I feel like being patient for a year may be worth it for someone like myself who absolutely plans on keeping the tix around forever to pass along to my young kids.

Buying at the price set by the bills really doesn’t allow you to get a sense of the true market for PSLs. In my opinion there is ZERO chance they go up in value… and may lose a significant chunk of value after the first year or two. In essence PSLs are a 30 year membership providing access to buy tix… every year that passes, PSL value diminishes.  I sense that some people don’t want to miss out on getting tix for the first year in the new stadium because a good sales pitch made them believe there is going to be scarcity of ticket access. The Bills hold all of the information in this process, and it provides them a significant advantage. The moment PSLs hit the secondary market, or the bills are stuck with unsold PSL’s the dynamic shifts. 

I also think back to when I bought a different set of season tix 3 years ago… club and premium seasons tix were available. That was pre PSL…there’s no way they become completely scarce with the PSL and increased ticket added to the equation. 

I think there’s a legit possibility that people want tickets to 1. Ensure they have a ticket for the figure of the new stadium. 2. Just ensure they are at the first game ever in the new stadium. 3. There is a real possibility that people realize how much of a difference in atmosphere there is at the new stadium and no longer care if they go. 

with all that being said, I personally don’t believe that you are finding PSLs for cheaper than the current prices for a while. There’s currently a 30k person waiting list for the new stadium. Even if half of that is wiped out due to people not renewing because of prices, it’s still a significant waiting list. You’ll have to wait until they are down for a few years before you see prices to drop imo. Sure, maybe you can get lucky, but I think for the most part people will charge at least the going rate, if not more. Think about it, if your #30,000 to get a season ticket and it’s going to be 5+ years, or you could pay an extra $XXX amount to get in right now, while Allen is still in his prime, you take the loss and do it. Once Allen goes, these tickets are going to go for peanuts 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Diggstheprocess said:

Clubs always had their version of a PSL, called a Club Seat License, that is paid yearly, not a one time purchase.  

• Like (+1) 1

Fair points. I guess there’s one point you made that I am skeptical about… whether or not there’s actually a viable 30k waiting list. It’s in the Bills’ best interest to have us believe that list exists. It’s also in their best interest to have us believe sales are very strong. There’s some info out there (somewhat anecdotal) that makes me believe otherwise. I know of many friends/family and even some corporate sponsors who have reduced the number of seats they own… some have bailed outright. 

The Bills want us to believe that there are 30k viable accounts (at at least 2 seats each on average) waiting in the wings to commit to these new prices. Yet these same individuals didn’t previously own seasons tix when they were roughly 50% less per ticket and didn’t require a PSL.  I get it… new stadium etc. but I’m a skeptic. 

Edited by Diggstheprocess
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Diggstheprocess said:

Fair points. I guess there’s one point you made that I am skeptical about… whether or not there’s actually a viable 30k waiting list. It’s in the Bills’ best interest to have us believe that list exists. It’s also in their best interest to have us believe sales are very strong. There’s some info out there (somewhat anecdotal) that makes me believe otherwise. I know of many friends/family and even some corporate sponsors who have reduced the number of seats they own… some have bailed outright. 

The Bills want us to believe that there are 30k viable accounts (at at least 2 seats each on average) waiting in the wings to commit to these new prices. Yet these same individuals didn’t previously own seasons tix when they were roughly 50% less per ticket and didn’t require a PSL.  I get it… new stadium etc. but I’m a skeptic. 

New stadium brings new clientele to the mix. Keep in mind even if they are flubbing that number, the new stadium holds 10k less seats than the current stadium. So there is that. 

24 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Clubs always had their version of a PSL, called a Club Seat License, that is paid yearly, not a one time purchase.  

Yup. Pretty sure my fee this season was $1,053 or something like that. 

25 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I just considered that a premium baked into the ticket price. There was no ownership… no ability to resell… no lump sum up front. 

18 minutes ago, Diggstheprocess said:

I also find it a bit strange That I (and likely many others) just got an email from the Bills trying to drum up interest in in club seats. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Yup, club Seat selling must not be going well at all. I just got that email as well. I really hope by the time I am called for PSL fee, it will have dropped a little more. 

You do realize that the prices haven’t dropped in the club seats right? 

33 minutes ago, Diggstheprocess said:

I also find it a bit strange That I (and likely many others) just got an email from the Bills trying to drum up interest in in club seats. 

I just got a blast with 7 new renderings of all the club seat common areas.  I think I have seen 3 (uninspiring) renderings of the entire stadium so far.  

58 minutes ago, mrags said:

You do realize that the prices haven’t dropped in the club seats right? 

I do realize that. PSL prices have dropped in other cities before and in some instances, people that already paid the higher prices were reimbursed. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I do realize that. PSL prices have dropped in other cities before and in some instances, people that already paid the higher prices were reimbursed. 

I’d bet money it doesn’t happen here. It’s happened on other cities like NYC because their teams have sucked since their new stadium was built. As long as we have Allen the desire for tickets will be through the roof. But the minute that ends, weather he’s injured, traded, released, allowed to walk, or retires, then, and only then will you see the ticket prices and PSL prices possibly move. 

edit:

and honestly, who gives a chit about tickets once Allens gone? I lived through the 17 year drought. Had season tix since 2006. Once he’s gone I’m not interested anymore. 

Edited by mrags
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

For those who have been pitched the presentation, please tell me that the pic of the “just freeze baby” banners were not part of the presentation. 

Not in my virtual presentation, maybe because it was for club seats.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

For those who have been pitched the presentation, please tell me that the pic of the “just freeze baby” banners were not part of the presentation. 

Honestly I can’t remember. If it was, it was probably part of a collage of other images. 

Pretty sure the images they just announced this past week weren’t even part of the presentation. Can’t remember to be sure it was over a month ago when I went. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Honestly I can’t remember. If it was, it was probably part of a collage of other images. 

Pretty sure the images they just announced this past week weren’t even part of the presentation. Can’t remember to be sure it was over a month ago when I went. 

I did a screen recording of my virtual meeting, some images look familiar to me, but mine was for the East Club, not the Field or Founders.  

10 hours ago, mrags said:

As mentioned, I did mine recently, and these images looked familiar. Can't say if they are the exact same ones, though.

Bills fans are going to do what many Jets/Giants fans have done when MetLife was built. Drop their seasons and just buy individual tickets to the games they want to go to. Many fans will buy individual tickets to all the games as a way of avoiding the PSL fee but still go to every game. You won't get to sit in the same seats every game, but you will save thousands of dollars avoiding the PSL fee. The new stadium will buy the Bills a year at least. The place will be packed as fans will be curious to see what the new stadiums offers. Once the "shiny new toy" feeling wears off then the Bills better have a good team otherwise the place will have a lot of empty seats at the prices they will charge.