PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

12 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

BN article on Sunday referenced several times, the non-club seat areas as “general admission” seating.  Such odd wording considering “general admission” to me means open seating, first come first serve.  

Wondering if this lingo is coming from the Bills or the BN?

It is a very poor marketing attempt to strongly differentiate the club sections from the non-club sections, as there are more club STH’s saying “no” than they expected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I saw that and thought the same thing. Imagine that stampede to get the best seats

Like Cowboys fans? 

That's actually the rush for their Standing Room Only areas.  

Edited by Just Jack

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally had my Bills Experience visit today. They had some memorabilia and videos to get you in the mood, then several stations to review the look, feel, and details of the new stadium. Pretty well done overall.

That said, I was mostly leaning towards not purchasing. As expected, I was only being offered club seats, and the PSLs and ticket prices were super high, too high for what I thought would be worthwhile.

What changed my mind was I was able to find two seats in the East Club (visitors side) on the second club level, in the front row of the section. So, covered and heated, and also nobody in front of me, like the front row of a theater balcony. No standing needed! In a corner section (currently my seats are at the 45 yard line), so that’s a change for me. Still expensive, but a definite step down from the other offerings.

Probably wouldn’t have done it if the first row seats weren’t available. Will be interesting to see what it will be like.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Rubes said:

So I finally had my Bills Experience visit today. They had some memorabilia and videos to get you in the mood, then several stations to review the look, feel, and details of the new stadium. Pretty well done overall.

That said, I was mostly leaning towards not purchasing. As expected, I was only being offered club seats, and the PSLs and ticket prices were super high, too high for what I thought would be worthwhile.

What changed my mind was I was able to find two seats in the East Club (visitors side) on the second club level, in the front row of the section. So, covered and heated, and also nobody in front of me, like the front row of a theater balcony. No standing needed! In a corner section (currently my seats are at the 45 yard line), so that’s a change for me. Still expensive, but a definite step down from the other offerings.

Probably wouldn’t have done it if the first row seats weren’t available. Will be interesting to see what it will be like.

Good for you! I’m not sure what yard line that puts you on, but IMO front row, upper deck seats are the best you can get. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rubes said:

Curious, what was the PSL and ticket price where you purchased? 

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Good for you! I’m not sure what yard line that puts you on, but IMO front row, upper deck seats are the best you can get. 

Likely the corner of the end zone. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Curious, what was the PSL and ticket price where you purchased? 

$8K per seat. That's a lot of money, but it's a bargain compared with the other offerings, unfortunately.

Ticket prices are going through the roof, too. If I remember correctly, it's about $3700 per ticket for the season. That's about double what I pay now for lower bowl seats on the 45-yard line.

That said, I'm pretty satisfied with getting the front row of the second club level.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Likely the corner of the end zone. 

Correct, corner of the end zone on the visiting team side. It will be directly above where the visitor tunnel is.

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, Rubes said:

$8K per seat. That's a lot of money, but it's a bargain compared with the other offerings, unfortunately.

Ticket prices are going through the roof, too. If I remember correctly, it's about $3700 per ticket for the season. That's about double what I pay now for lower bowl seats on the 45-yard line.

That said, I'm pretty satisfied with getting the front row of the second club level.

Correct, corner of the end zone on the visiting team side. It will be directly above where the visitor tunnel is.

Yeah. Figured it was 8k. That’s what they offered me when I went about a month ago. I think the tix were listed at something like $4300 per ticket though. I can’t remember. I turned them down tho. Not interested in paying that much. 

I wasn’t offered front row in those seats tho. Good for you. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Figured it was 8k. That’s what they offered me when I went about a month ago. I think the tix were listed at something like $4300 per ticket though. I can’t remember. I turned them down tho. Not interested in paying that much. 

I wasn’t offered front row in those seats tho. Good for you. 

I wasn't either.

I went to the game on Saturday, and the season ticket holder next to me told me he went a couple weeks ago and was offered front row tickets in that section. But my rep at the Experience didn't mention anything, so I asked him if any of those sections had front row seats available. He said he thought they were all accounted for, but he would go ask the manager, and when he came back, two spots on the aisle in the front were, apparently, available. So I snagged them.

I'm not sure if it's all part of a thing where they're maybe saving those tickets for certain people, but it didn't hurt to ask, and I ended up getting what I hoped for.

10 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I wasn't either.

I went to the game on Saturday, and the season ticket holder next to me told me he went a couple weeks ago and was offered front row tickets in that section. But my rep at the Experience didn't mention anything, so I asked him if any of those sections had front row seats available. He said he thought they were all accounted for, but he would go ask the manager, and when he came back, two spots on the aisle in the front were, apparently, available. So I snagged them.

I'm not sure if it's all part of a thing where they're maybe saving those tickets for certain people, but it didn't hurt to ask, and I ended up getting what I hoped for.

I believe they are trying to offer everyone as close of a seat in the new stadium as they currently have now. That’s based on similar row, isle, comparisons. Where if you look to downgrade they may offer something else. Or if something else is now available, it may be offered. But my guess is you specifically need to ask for it. 

my rep wasn’t extremely forthcoming about other options when I had my visit. But just like I expected, they are professional salesmen, and they know when they come across someone that really wants to buy, or just someone kicking tires. If they get the feel you are really interested they may offer a few other options to generate the sale. Same goes for you as the buyer, if your asking questions and giving the impression that you would buy IF there was a first row seat, they may find one available to you. 

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

I believe they are trying to offer everyone as close of a seat in the new stadium as they currently have now. That’s based on similar row, isle, comparisons. Where if you look to downgrade they may offer something else. Or if something else is now available, it may be offered. But my guess is you specifically need to ask for it. 

my rep wasn’t extremely forthcoming about other options when I had my visit. But just like I expected, they are professional salesmen, and they know when they come across someone that really wants to buy, or just someone kicking tires. If they get the feel you are really interested they may offer a few other options to generate the sale. Same goes for you as the buyer, if your asking questions and giving the impression that you would buy IF there was a first row seat, they may find one available to you. 

Yeah, I think you're right about that.

He was definitely pushing the first option, which was seats roughly equivalent to what I have now. Those would be in the Field Club section, Bills side, about the 40 yard line. Great seats, come with lots of amenities, but the price tag is crazy, and no cover or heat. I'm sure he got the message that I value cover/heat more than complimentary food, so the focus switched to the East Club. Once I asked about the front row, I think he understood I was serious and took the necessary steps.

Couldn't get him to budge on parking, though.

23 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Yeah, I think you're right about that.

He was definitely pushing the first option, which was seats roughly equivalent to what I have now. Those would be in the Field Club section, Bills side, about the 40 yard line. Great seats, come with lots of amenities, but the price tag is crazy, and no cover or heat. I'm sure he got the message that I value cover/heat more than complimentary food, so the focus switched to the East Club. Once I asked about the front row, I think he understood I was serious and took the necessary steps.

Couldn't get him to budge on parking, though.

I pretty much told my rep I wanted cover and heat but wouldn’t pay those prices. So I asked to get a call back as they go through the 100s as there will be some covered seats where the overhang of the 200s come over. If something like that becomes available or I MIGHT be interested. But again, will depend on price. If it’s 5k per PSL I’m not paying it for no heat. If it’s in the 3k range I’ll have to think about it. Time will tell and we’ll see what becomes available when it does. 

If they had a 5k PSL for a heated and covered seat I probably would have bought it. I truly thought there would be more heated and covered options. Looking at the renderings I felt there would be some heated and covered parts in the end zones, under the overhangs, as well as in the 100s in the very back at the overhangs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Im curious what the price is going to be for the corner sections in the middle tier of the stadium, just outside of the club sections.

I had my meeting, virtually, yesterday & unfortunately they're only offering the expensive seats. Cheapest seats I was offered were 10k PSLs and 4k per season. Way out of my price range. 

I'm not sure I'll renew, but if I can find a good spot in the corners for a 2k PSL and 2k per season I'd consider.......seems it's going to be a month or 2 before cheaper seats are being offered though

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/12/2024 at 9:49 PM, Rubes said:

I was in a very similar position leaning strongly to taking a pass due the much higher costs.  But they made me an offer I couldn’t turn down.  Nearly at the 50, 3rd row field clubs (technically row 8 as it starts at row 6).  Now I’m very happy.  

Your new seats sound very good as well.  Second guessing myself for not going to a covered club, but looking forward to our new seats.

Edited by vanhalen26
  • Like (+1) 1

I had my meeting a week or so ago via phone since I live in VA.  I've had season tickets for 24 years.  I'm in Section 134, Row 40 between the 45 and 50 yard line on the Bills side.  Lower Bowl.  My current tickets are awesome.

Just a few notes from my own personal opinion so you know my mindset before I answered the call.  I didn't want a new stadium.  I also don't think the renderings of the new stadium have personally created any extra excitement in me whatsoever.   It looks about as bland as you can get in today's world of creative architecture.  My favorite part of the new stadium are the giant buffalos outside of the stadium.  Compared to what Tennessee and Cleveland have just shown, I personally think Buffalo's is already subpar.  However, I understand the new concept, a possible available budget for it, and that's just my $.02.  So, I've been somewhat pessimistic from the entire process of this new stadium.  Deep down in, I've probably know this was when my season ticket holder status would end.  In 2026.

My PSL's for my current two seats in the lower bowl are 15K a piece.  So, I would pay $30,000 just to have the "privilege" to purchase those new season tickets that would about double in price from what they are now.  YIPPEEEE.  I love the Bills.  I love going to games.  But I'll be damned if I'm paying roughly $38,000 to enter that stadium in 2026.  It's pure garbage, and I pretty much said that. 

My rep also acted like a used car salesman and asked what I would be comfortable paying to get me in that new stadium and locked in.  That's also garbage.  That's like those of you (which I actually hope nobody does) tells that car dealership what you would like your payment to be for that shiny new car they have sitting in the showroom.  They can make the payment whatever you need it to be by fixing their terms.  It felt similar here.  I instead asked my rep.......why don't you tell me what the PSL's are for the entire stadium so that I could pick what I'm comfortable paying according to the prices that are set for certain seating areas.  She countered that with the fact that she doesn't even know what the prices are.........I interrupted her and said, well......you can tell whoever made that decision for that process is also garbage.  I told her this is like playing a used car pricing game, and they are about as far from transparent as you can be while going through this. 

Even though she said she didn't know any other pricing in the stadium, she then "hinted" at some other PSL costs on the next steps down.  So, they know more than they are letting on.  To sit on the Bills side of the field is more expensive than the visitors side.  I do know that.  My corresponding PSL's on the visitors side of the field are $10,000 a piece instead of $15,000 on the Bills sideline.  She also said that if I didn't act quickly that these seats would be gone within days.  Even though, it took three different emails, multiple phone calls, and A TEXT at 6pm at night.......really.......6 pm at night blind text to see if I would hop on a quick call.  That's the one that hooked me in.  I actually texted back and said yes.  However, if those tickets are flying off the board, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need to try to communicate with me so hard.  Lastly, she did hint that the next step down in PSLs in the lower bowl ran all the way to the endzone corners and those are 8k per seat.  I wasn't quite clear where that 8k started, but that's what I was told.

To wrap it up, I told the lady I have two girls heavily involved in high school athletics and simply asked her if she thought I should give a billionaire 38k instead of investing in my daughters.  Hell, I told her I could easily fund my daughters high school teams and provide a better life for them instead of paying PSL's at that price point.  Even though I was venting and provoking her a bit, she answered gracefully, and said I had to do what was best for me.  She did well there.  I give her credit.  I told her after 24 years of being a season ticket holder that I was done, and I'll just pick and choose individual games that I want to attend in the future on someone else's PSL dime.

The entire thing stinks to me.  I hate being a fan of the NFL.  Sometimes it's even embarassing that I am.  But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I won't watch games anymore.  Because I will.  I not going to sit here and pretend to not be a Bills fan anymore, because I will be.  I'm still going to go to games.  I'll just purchase on the secondary market instead, and save at least $50,000 over the rest of my lifetime.  But it doesn't mean it doesn't stink.  Think about it.  $30,000 to have the right to purchase tickets to watch a football game.  It's downright ignorant.  And I am a person that is lucky enough that I can probably afford that at the current time.  I'm just choosing some restraint at this moment.

I don't blame Pegula and the NFL for making as much money as they can.  That's what you do in business.....try to make money.  But lately, I'm just getting a bit more picky about how much I give them.  I don't buy jerseys anymore.  I don't do much except go to the games and try to spend as little of my money on the NFL stuff as possible.  But I still do love it.  Love the players.  Love the City.  And I do appreciate the Pegula's keeping the team here. I've just personally had enough on some things.  This is one.  

If anything, hopefully this helps some of you with where price points currently are. 

4 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I was in a very similar position leaning strongly to taking a pass due the much higher costs.  But they made me an offer I couldn’t turn down.  Nearly at the 50, 3rd row field clubs (technically row 8 as it starts at row 6).  Now I’m very happy.  

Your new seats sound very good as well.  Second guessing myself for not going to a covered club, but looking forward to our new seats.

Yeah, they were offering me Field Club seats around the 40 and maybe 30 rows up, which were really good seats. But without cover or heat, I just couldn't see spending the big-time PSL and ticket prices. But they come with other good perks that you can't get elsewhere, so that should be cool for you.

I was kind of dreading having to make the decision, but I actually feel pretty good about the final outcome.

On 8/13/2024 at 10:19 AM, Rubes said:

I can swing the PSL. I've been saving for that. But $370 for a game ticket is awful rich.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I can swing the PSL. I've been saving for that. But $370 for a game ticket is awful rich.

I agree. I’m worried about how this will affect game days. Too many people in Buffalo that go to games now just can’t afford those prices. That to me is much more concerning than the PSLs.

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

I agree. I’m worried about how this will affect game days. Too many people in Buffalo that go to games now just can’t afford those prices. That to me is much more concerning than the PSLs.

im a long time seat holder and approaching 60 when the new one opens.  Hoping it might mean a little less (not none, just less) standing throughout the game to see.  I’ll probably be ok and get to sit a little more, now that we’ll be row 3 in the field clubs.  Doesn’t make me less of a fan, and I cheer loud, but age catches up sadly.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

You should be. Tons of places who got new stadia and jacked up prices ended up drastically changing their gameday experience. Philly isn't even remotely the same with the new place.  There are plenty of people who would tell you that's a positive thing but it's a fact that a ton of the people who used to sit in the old 700 level at the Vet just don't have tickets anymore.  Philly is a way bigger place than Buffalo so there were more people and corporations around to scoop up the empty seats.

It's not just about people in Buffalo either. Plenty of people travel in for games too. I try to make it at least once a season. I doubt that I will ever see the inside of the new stadium.  I'm just not going to pay that kind of money plus what it costs to travel up there when I can watch the game at home on a nice big TV in my warm and dry house. If I went by myself maybe, but with my boys and my Dad you're looking at a minimum of 4 tickets. If the wife or my Mom want to go that's 5 or 6.  370 a ticket times 6?  $2,200? Face value?  For one game? Not including anything else it takes for me to get there? No thanks. I like football. I like it a lot.  I'm not spending 5 or 6 percent of my income to bring my family to ONE game.

God bless you people who are doing it and then paying the King's ransom on top of it. Maybe if I still lived there the math would make more sense for me, but I doubt it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2