PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

it's definitely going to sell out. The whole stadium will.

This process is going to take an eternity though 😂😂. What they’re going to run into are a bunch of pissed of people when the 0% window has like 4 months instead of 2 years. 

Someone told me lower level between the 40s visitor side was going to be 15k per PSL. Those are my current seats and I have 4 of them. Has anyone else heard similar (as they dropped the cost almost in half....I believe he said).

Still, that's going to be 60k before even purchasing the tickets. I just don't see the ROI on that, not even close.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This process is going to take an eternity though 😂😂. What they’re going to run into are a bunch of pissed of people when the 0% window has like 4 months instead of 2 years. 

Do we know yet that they don’t just give 2 years at 0% regardless from start date? Maybe you get the tix a week before the first game in that stadium but they still give you 2 years at 0%. Or the 10 years at 11% or whatever the going rate will be at that time. 

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Someone told me lower level between the 40s visitor side was going to be 15k per PSL. Those are my current seats and I have 4 of them. Has anyone else heard similar (as they dropped the cost almost in half....I believe he said).

Still, that's going to be 60k before even purchasing the tickets. I just don't see the ROI on that, not even close.

That someone is a liar. Because that information isn’t out yet. The Bills aren’t informing anyone of that. Legends isn’t. Nobody has been in that experience yet for those particular sections. While the price may be correct, it’s nothing but people assuming things at this point. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not bad at all. I locked in at $15k (about the 25 yard line). The next section over was $20k. Out of curiousoty where are those located? My current seats are around the goal line. I like them. My brother wanted to go a little close to midfield. 

These were probably around the five yard line to side of the endzone.  The section over was further down from that.  Rep called me yesterday and said some new clubs further down (would be around back corner of endzone at this point) opened up at $8K PSL.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PBF81 said:

That shouldn't be shocking despite the rhetoric to the contrary.  

You buying them?  

Don’t think so.  The view isn’t great so looking to “get back in” after the cycle the clubs.  If I’m paying that much - rather have a great view and will sacrifice the amenities of the club.  Mainly got into them so I could take my young daughters to game.  Been to enough to know a lot of the stadium isn’t “kid friendly” and the clubs generally are great for bringing a child.  I don’t think that will be as big of an “issue” under the PSL model.  Couple that with living in Ohio and making only three/four regular season games a year and my difficulty in selling tickets I won’t use up there, don’t think I’ll do clubs.  I’ll also add I thought these new clubs (called East Club) seemed kind of “country club-ish” and not something that really appealed to me.  I definitely think they’ll sell well - just not the right value proposition for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

You may not want to consider it as ROI. When I decided to purchase the seats, it was entertainment expense not an investment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Do we know yet that they don’t just give 2 years at 0% regardless from start date? Maybe you get the tix a week before the first game in that stadium but they still give you 2 years at 0%. Or the 10 years at 11% or whatever the going rate will be at that time. 

I think that I have 2 years starting from this August (although I may be confusing that with my new entrance at my house 😂). They were similar deals. Either way, I'm confident that they won’t extend that 0% beyond when they start playing there. People will have smaller PSLs in the future but smaller windows without interest. I imagine that will frustrate people that don’t pick their seats until next summer (or whatever). 

1 hour ago, wolfpack78 said:

These were probably around the five yard line to side of the endzone.  The section over was further down from that.  Rep called me yesterday and said some new clubs further down (would be around back corner of endzone at this point) opened up at $8K PSL.

With clubs down to $8k (even in less desirable sections), you have to know that some of the $20k club purchasers are kicking themselves.

19 hours ago, wolfpack78 said:

Don’t think so.  The view isn’t great so looking to “get back in” after the cycle the clubs.  If I’m paying that much - rather have a great view and will sacrifice the amenities of the club.  Mainly got into them so I could take my young daughters to game.  Been to enough to know a lot of the stadium isn’t “kid friendly” and the clubs generally are great for bringing a child.  I don’t think that will be as big of an “issue” under the PSL model.  Couple that with living in Ohio and making only three/four regular season games a year and my difficulty in selling tickets I won’t use up there, don’t think I’ll do clubs.  I’ll also add I thought these new clubs (called East Club) seemed kind of “country club-ish” and not something that really appealed to me.  I definitely think they’ll sell well - just not the right value proposition for me.

Thanks!  What's interesting about your experience is that the pricing is notably more than what it said in the survey that they sent out what, two years ago or so now.  

I'm in a similar situation.  Of my three kids, only one, my youngest daughter, is interested in going to games and interested in sports pretty much at all outside of rec participation.  But we live 6 hours away.  We're planning on going to the Ravens game and even overpaying several hundred bucks per ticket, it puts the new stadium costs in perspective.  

I've sat in the clubs before and it's fine, but I would never watch the game from the inside, and IMO the clubs are overrated except for weather games, which don't always happen in Nov/Dec, many are nice.  ... at least by WNY standards.  LOL  I only go to the weather games if they're big games anyway.  I don't need to see us crush Carolina in the driving cold rain.  TV's fine for that.  So I'm with ya on the country club-ish nature of them.  The whole mention of sushi for example, I mean LOL.  WNY is a Wings/Hotdogs/Blue kinda place.  

Upgrades from bleachers in the endzones would be nice, but that's automatic and cheap and otherwise I enjoy moving around and seeing the games from different angles when I go, whether home or away.  

For me it's as much fun in the lots tailgating as the game is.  I can do without being pampered for three hours during the game.  LOL  Either way, that pampering isn't worth a lot of money to me.  

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

With clubs down to $8k (even in less desirable sections), you have to know that some of the $20k club purchasers are kicking themselves.

IDK, ya think?  It seems that for the people having purchased those that money's not a big issue.  Otherwise I would think so too.  I do think that there's going to be some wailing and moaning as the lower priced structure is revealed in the same manner.  

There's something severely off about not letting loyal Bills fan WNY-ers know what's going to be available and for how much.  It's disingenuous.  

Edited by PBF81

Others wont care (because they really want a certain view). But some ju

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks!  What's interesting about your experience is that the pricing is notably more than what it said in the survey that they sent out what, two years ago or so now.  

I'm in a similar situation.  Of my three kids, only one, my youngest daughter, is interested in going to games and interested in sports pretty much at all outside of rec participation.  But we live 6 hours away.  We're planning on going to the Ravens game and even overpaying several hundred bucks per ticket, it puts the new stadium costs in perspective.  

I've sat in the clubs before and it's fine, but I would never watch the game from the inside, and IMO the clubs are overrated except for weather games, which don't always happen in Nov/Dec, many are nice.  ... at least by WNY standards.  LOL  I only go to the weather games if they're big games anyway.  I don't need to see us crush Carolina in the driving cold rain.  TV's fine for that.  So I'm with ya on the country club-ish nature of them.  The whole mention of sushi for example, I mean LOL.  WNY is a Wings/Hotdogs/Blue kinda place.  

Upgrades from bleachers in the endzones would be nice, but that's automatic and cheap and otherwise I enjoy moving around and seeing the games from different angles when I go, whether home or away.  

For me it's as much fun in the lots tailgating as the game is.  I can do without being pampered for three hours during the game.  LOL  Either way, that pampering isn't worth a lot of money to me.  

How many games do you go to? That really could be the difference.

If you go to 4 games per season, then you will save tens of thosuands of dollars by going to individual games.

This chart assumes a $500 per ticket average cost, going to 4 games per year.

output.thumb.png.d1cd1dd620b9cb3de3689ceedc14abdd.png

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Others wont care (because they really want a certain view). But some ju

How many games do you go to? That really could be the difference.

If you go to 4 games per season, then you will save tens of thosuands of dollars by going to individual games.

This chart assumes a $500 per ticket average cost, going to 4 games per year.

output.thumb.png.d1cd1dd620b9cb3de3689ceedc14abdd.png

Also depends upon when you buy your tix.  I've purchased them in the lots before.  The prices often come down.  

I live too far away now to go to more than a game or two per season.  

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Another interesting thing is the there will be window seating inside the entire length of the club (almost entire visitor sideline and some wrap into the endzone) that you can view the field from, versus now the inside of the club is obstructed by the luxury boxes and you can’t see the field.  So in theory, you could buy one of the cheaper club sections just to get in there but post up at the window at the 50 yard line to watch the game.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that I have 2 years starting from this August (although I may be confusing that with my new entrance at my house 😂). They were similar deals. Either way, I'm confident that they won’t extend that 0% beyond when they start playing there. People will have smaller PSLs in the future but smaller windows without interest. I imagine that will frustrate people that don’t pick their seats until next summer (or whatever). 

I’m not saying you are incorrect. But with everything so much up in the air, no one actually knows yet at this point. We’ll see I guess. 

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Those people are no dummies and certainly understood there would be cheaper PSLs available. They decided to buy for the location. If money was an issue they would have waited it out as they were told they could do. 

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Those people are no dummies and certainly understood there would be cheaper PSLs available. They decided to buy for the location. If money was an issue they would have waited it out as they were told they could do. 

You underestimate the buying impulses of human beings. 

Normally rational, intelligent, wealthy people get swept up in timeshare presentations and cruise incentives, and they end up entering into contracts that they never would have otherwise entered.

3 hours ago, wolfpack78 said:

Another interesting thing is the there will be window seating inside the entire length of the club (almost entire visitor sideline and some wrap into the endzone) that you can view the field from, versus now the inside of the club is obstructed by the luxury boxes and you can’t see the field.  So in theory, you could buy one of the cheaper club sections just to get in there but post up at the window at the 50 yard line to watch the game.

Yep.

Not only that, I firmly believe that the upper deck will be the best seats in the house.

Best views, fully shielded with the canopy, no snow, no rain, no shoveling off your seat, views for miles from the concourses, etc.

If you want a club seat, I think there will be plenty of discounted PSL’s for sale a couple years after the stadium opens.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Normally rational, intelligent, wealthy people get swept up in timeshare presentations and cruise incentives, and they end up entering into contracts that they never would have otherwise entered.

What wealthy people buy time shares? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

What wealthy people buy time shares? 😂

There is an entire market of timeshares that are sold exclusively to wealthy people. Some of them have net worth minimums and the cost for the timeshare can be a million dollars or more.

They're typically marketed as "residence clubs" with a "fractional ownership" instead of timeshare, but its very similar. Ritz Carlton and Regis are two such examples.

11 hours ago, Mr Info said:

You may not want to consider it as ROI. When I decided to purchase the seats, it was entertainment expense not an investment. 

I agree theres never going to be a ROI on a PSL. (I suppose if the area doubled in population in the next 5 years there would be demand that might drive up the price lol)

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not only that, I firmly believe that the upper deck will be the best seats in the house.

Best views, fully shielded with the canopy, no snow, no rain, no shoveling off your seat, views for miles from the concourses, etc.

That's a great point.  

Your right, it's going to be very comfortable up there and the view killer.  

Barring one of those odd record cold games, get rid of the wind and it's comfortable.  It's not as if WNY-ers don't know how to dress for cold.

Edited by PBF81

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yep.

If you want a club seat, I think there will be plenty of discounted PSL’s for sale a couple years after the stadium opens.

Are we sure that the canopy will completely cover the upper deck? I’ve heard from people on the inner workings that the canopy was scaled back a lot due to costs.