PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

45 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

... and the old ass and the young ass. 

Someone posted an updated seating chart in the Facebook group for this.  I think he puts it up after updates.  I don't pay to much attention, just recall seeing it.

What’s the Facebook group called?

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

What section is that?  Just curious because our seats are somewhat close and want to see where we will fall into the new areas

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I mean I guess they could. But the whole point of the experience is seeing the model up close. Watching the video they have. Sitting in the different seat options. Stuff like that. Not sure how that will come across virtually. I mean, if you don’t care and are just looking to pick your seats and that’s it, I don’t see why they couldn’t do that. 

Yeah, I get that, but I'm going to be traveling a lot the next couple of months and I get the impression that if I want the best seats available, it's better to schedule as early as they'll allow. So if I'm out of town, maybe it would be better just to do it virtually and grab what I can.

Meanwhile, my rep called me today and confirmed that I could do it virtually if I wanted. Hopefully it won't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, wolfpack78 said:

They gave me some BS reason as to why they kicked me to Rep B, but I truly think it's because I said I didn't want the $15K Club PSL.  The irony is that I did express interest in another section with a $15K PSL, but they must think those won't be around by the time I'm back up.

I had my experience on 6/19, told Rep A about a week later I was out for comparable clubs (East Clubs), but was interested in another section with a $15K PSL.  I was informed I was kicked to Rep B mid-last week.  The view from the East Clubs seats I was shown was not that great and not worth the $15K.  I would rather have a non-Club seat with a better view at a lower price.  The main amenity of the current Clubs I desire is that it's more 'tame' than the other areas.  I'm hoping with the significant increase in prices and PSLs, this won't be as much of a thing in the new stadium.  I also live in Ohio and only make three games a year (plus playoffs), so doesn't make sense for me to 'invest' $30K for the right to buy tickets when I only use a third of the tickets.  To your point in a later message, was also surprised that the ticket prices were also doubling ON TOP OF the PSL price.  I've had a pretty hard time selling tickets to games I'm not attending (I'm told from my buddy whose a local that there is a negative perception of Club seats, which may be part of it), so I don't think I'll be able to recoup costs down the road.  I have Ohio State football season tickets and make a killing on those with no problem at all.

TBH I'm not at all a fan of reselling for profit. That's part of how consumers get squeezed as well. 

You have the right to do it, but I think it's a crappy thing to do. 

Moving on.

9 hours ago, wolfpack78 said:

This may get you the field clubs - which is a $15K PSL and has some pretty sweet amenities… all you can eat and drink - excluding alcohol, a pretty cool club area that’ll have a couple bars and even a DJ booth, and an area you can actually walk out onto the field behind the Bills bench.  Told my rep I wasn’t interested in East Club seats (comparable to current clubs) but was interested in these Field Club seats.  Make sure you turn them down so I have a better shot!

If your at field level how can ya see any of the game?

13 hours ago, PBF81 said:

... and the old ass and the young ass. 

Someone posted an updated seating chart in the Facebook group for this.  I think he puts it up after updates.  I don't pay to much attention, just recall seeing it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1162094064953276/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

Then there is this from 4½ years ago...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/defaults-top-million-some-falcons-fans-struggle-with-psls/dlUNjpHXptU5edyPJGKNLM/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3WrlSgk_uyqBFI1wvMOKlzZQyiUPsvE0sW9xeVBzp1lFfM147JWc31gIk_aem_Y5cjZ-2AbXZuptcr77sHAg

The Bills need Josh Allen to stay elite, just until the PSLs are paid off. 😂

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

TBH I'm not at all a fan of reselling for profit. That's part of how consumers get squeezed as well. 

Moving on.

By the same token, I’m grateful that people resell. In the past, you had to grab tickets as soon as they went on sale. Now I can decide the week of the game if I want to go. I’ll pay a higher cost, but the flexibility is worth it to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

What’s the Facebook group called?

PTR linked it above.  

I don't spend much time there, just know it existed.  Hell, I don't spend much time on Facebook at all.  LOL

Einstein was quoted on there a few weeks ago tho.   I forget what for.  Someone dragged whatever he said here over to there.

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

PTR linked it above.  

I don't spend much time there, just know it existed.  Hell, I don't spend much time on Facebook at all.  LOL

Einstein was quoted on there a few weeks ago tho.   I forget what for.  Someone dragged whatever he said here over to there.

I saw that too. Took a screen shot of it and was gonna mention something. But the file was too large and it wasn’t important enough or worth my 4 minutes of work getting it down to size to post it. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Moving on.

Please let me know when you sell your house.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DieHardFan said:

Please let me know when you sell your house.

Right?!? Or when you trade in your car do you ask to request to take as little as possible on trade in? 

while we’re at it, I’ll call my credit cards and ask to be taken off the zero interest plan and request 26.99% 

14 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Moving on.

On the other hand, you don't have a problem buying $6 tickets, if you buy then at all, when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs?

That's the thing,. Season ticket holders are evil and greedy when the Bills are good and ticket demand pushes up prices. But no one cares when they have to eat tickets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

On the other hand, you don't have a problem buying $6 tickets, if you buy then at all, when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs?

That's the thing,. Season ticket holders are evil and greedy when the Bills are good and ticket demand pushes up prices. But no one cares when they have to eat tickets.

Exactly. I was stuck going to games in freezing rain for years because I couldn’t give tickets away when we sucked. 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Exactly. I was stuck going to games in freezing rain for years because I couldn’t give tickets away when we sucked. 

You were ‘stuck’ using a product that you chose to buy? I did the same with a toothbrush once. Darn thing kept losing bristles! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You were ‘stuck’ using a product that you chose to buy? I did the same with a toothbrush once. Darn thing kept losing bristles! 

I’ll be honest. Over the course of 17 years I missed maybe 5 games. Mostly due to other obligations like a wedding or being out of town. I never had any problem using my tickets. But I won’t pretend that if felt at times like it wasn’t a chore. Like in the days of no playoffs in sight. In the middle of a 7-9 type of season. Yeah, I felt stuck like I had to go or just piss away the money that I already paid for the tickets. You know, the times when all the die hard fans say that we don’t have problems selling out the stadium. Well, let me tell you, at 6-9 going into the final game of the year, or weeks leading up to that, we had trouble selling out games. And yes, I felt like I’d be throwing away money if I didn’t go. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

For some, the plan is to cover the cost of tickets by selling a few games. When I bought mine in 2003 the season ticket base was around 30K, and there whispers about the fate of the Bills if Ralph passed. So that was one motivation I had to buy; to show support. And even though I really couldn't afford them, I managed by selling off games. 

And as you can see it was 14 non-playoff seasons I was committing to. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So wouldn’t the more accurate analogy be subletting out your vacation home when you’re not there? 

Whatever floats your (house)boat

Most season ticket holders (especially those on this board) are Bills fans who like going to games, but for a lot of us we can't go to all of them.  We're not generally profit motivated, but typically by selling a few games a little above cost, we make up for other games we might need to sell below cost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1