PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

More $ than ya thought?

Not really. It was exactly what I knew it would be as far as the PSL. I’d say I thought the ticket prices were a bit higher than I thought they would be. Either way, I had a hardline in my head of where I would think about it and it didn’t match up. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Corporate sports entertainment. Proper service/hospitality aren't cost effective when you boil it all down. More demand than supply means they can squeeze the consumer. 

They gave me some BS reason as to why they kicked me to Rep B, but I truly think it's because I said I didn't want the $15K Club PSL.  The irony is that I did express interest in another section with a $15K PSL, but they must think those won't be around by the time I'm back up.

9 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m curious how long after you had your meeting with rep A and turned down tickets did they pass you off to rep B? 

I just had my in person experience yesterday and turned them down today. I’m wondering if I’ll be passed off to a non-club seat rep in the future. 

I had my experience on 6/19, told Rep A about a week later I was out for comparable clubs (East Clubs), but was interested in another section with a $15K PSL.  I was informed I was kicked to Rep B mid-last week.  The view from the East Clubs seats I was shown was not that great and not worth the $15K.  I would rather have a non-Club seat with a better view at a lower price.  The main amenity of the current Clubs I desire is that it's more 'tame' than the other areas.  I'm hoping with the significant increase in prices and PSLs, this won't be as much of a thing in the new stadium.  I also live in Ohio and only make three games a year (plus playoffs), so doesn't make sense for me to 'invest' $30K for the right to buy tickets when I only use a third of the tickets.  To your point in a later message, was also surprised that the ticket prices were also doubling ON TOP OF the PSL price.  I've had a pretty hard time selling tickets to games I'm not attending (I'm told from my buddy whose a local that there is a negative perception of Club seats, which may be part of it), so I don't think I'll be able to recoup costs down the road.  I have Ohio State football season tickets and make a killing on those with no problem at all.

Edited by wolfpack78

25 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

They gave me some BS reason as to why they kicked me to Rep B, but I truly think it's because I said I didn't want the $15K Club PSL.  The irony is that I did express interest in another section with a $15K PSL, but they must think those won't be around by the time I'm back up.

I had my experience on 6/19, told Rep A about a week later I was out for comparable clubs (East Clubs), but was interested in another section with a $15K PSL.  I was informed I was kicked to Rep B mid-last week.  The view from the East Clubs seats I was shown was not that great and not worth the $15K.  I would rather have a non-Club seat with a better view at a lower price.  The main amenity of the current Clubs I desire is that it's more 'tame' than the other areas.  I'm hoping with the significant increase in prices and PSLs, this won't be as much of a thing in the new stadium.  I also live in Ohio and only make three games a year (plus playoffs), so doesn't make sense for me to 'invest' $30K for the right to buy tickets when I only use a third of the tickets.  To your point in a later message, was also surprised that the ticket prices were also doubling ON TOP OF the PSL price.  I've had a pretty hard time selling tickets to games I'm not attending (I'm told from my buddy whose a local that there is a negative perception of Club seats, which may be part of it), so I don't think I'll be able to recoup costs down the road.  I have Ohio State football season tickets and make a killing on those with no problem at all.

I think the changes in reps is going to be a thing. For example, in the current stadium, the club reps are different from the general seating reps. Imo they would likely do something similar with the new stadium as well. Time will tell I guess. 

whole I haven’t had that much of an issue selling my club seats, it does create some problems because the prices are already more than general seats. I never had any problem doubling my money when I was in the end zones. But I find it hard to double my money in the clubs. We’re already talking about a $300 ticket per game as it is. Tough to expect someone to fork over $500+ for a ticket when they can get non clubs for $200-300. The heat is nice, but I don’t think it’s enough for people to pay double. Especially when it’s a very tame and toned down product in the clubs. Might as well sit at home on the couch imo. 

Hey...just got an email from my Bills season ticket rep, who said I'm going to be getting the call soon to come down and check out the Experience.

I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you here may have the answers to:

• How much lead time do they usually give? Like, when I hear about my scheduled date, will it probably be that next weekend, a couple weeks from then, a month from then?
  • Is there a virtual option, or am I required to be there in person?
  • Can I have a family member (eg, cousin) attend in person in my place, or does it need to be me?

Thanks...

19 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Hey...just got an email from my Bills season ticket rep, who said I'm going to be getting the call soon to come down and check out the Experience.

I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you here may have the answers to:

• How much lead time do they usually give? Like, when I hear about my scheduled date, will it probably be that next weekend, a couple weeks from then, a month from then?
  • Can I have a family member (eg, cousin) attend in person in my place, or does it need to be me?

Thanks...

Don’t know if you can send someone in your place but you can bring a guest. I think you can bring as many people as you have seats. 

as far as the scheduled date. It was done online via email. It will direct you to a calendar to pick your date/time. When I did it, it allowed me to go about a month out. It’ll just depend on how many people have already booked their experience as far as what’s available. 

I doubt they will do it virtually but who knows. Can always ask them. 

Edited by mrags

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Don’t know if you can send someone in your place but you can bring a guest. I think you can bring as many people as you have seats. 

as far as the scheduled date. It was done online via email. It will direct you to a calendar to pick your date/time. When I did it, it allowed me to go about a month out. It’ll just depend on how many people have already booked their experience as far as what’s available. 

I doubt they will do it virtually but who knows. Can always ask them. 

Thanks. I thought I had heard they might accommodate virtual visits, but wasn't sure.

43 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Thanks...

Out of curiosity, where are your current seats?

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Out of curiosity, where are your current seats?

Great seats. Bills side, row 35, seats 18-19, so about the 47-yard line. Seniority since 1977.

Sounds like they will offer me a chance at similar seats in what is now the Club section, and if I don't want those, I'd have to come back at a later date to pick something that is non-Club.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Great seats. Bills side, row 35, seats 18-19, so about the 47-yard line. Seniority since 1977.

Sounds like they will offer me a chance at similar seats in what is now the Club section, and if I don't want those, I'd have to come back at a later date to pick something that is non-Club.

This may get you the field clubs - which is a $15K PSL and has some pretty sweet amenities… all you can eat and drink - excluding alcohol, a pretty cool club area that’ll have a couple bars and even a DJ booth, and an area you can actually walk out onto the field behind the Bills bench.  Told my rep I wasn’t interested in East Club seats (comparable to current clubs) but was interested in these Field Club seats.  Make sure you turn them down so I have a better shot!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Thanks. I thought I had heard they might accommodate virtual visits, but wasn't sure.

I mean I guess they could. But the whole point of the experience is seeing the model up close. Watching the video they have. Sitting in the different seat options. Stuff like that. Not sure how that will come across virtually. I mean, if you don’t care and are just looking to pick your seats and that’s it, I don’t see why they couldn’t do that. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I mean I guess they could. But the whole point of the experience is seeing the model up close. Watching the video they have. Sitting in the different seat options. Stuff like that. Not sure how that will come across virtually. I mean, if you don’t care and are just looking to pick your seats and that’s it, I don’t see why they couldn’t do that. 

How many different types of seats are there?  

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

That's odd because my rep said virtual was an option, but then I'm not a club STHer.

49 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What, one wider and padded or something like that?  

Yes. One was wider and padded 

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's odd because my rep said virtual was an option, but then I'm not a club STHer.

I said I didn’t think it was an option but I guess it wouldn’t matter. Defeats the whole experience though imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yes. One was wider and padded 

I said I didn’t think it was an option but I guess it wouldn’t matter. Defeats the whole experience though imo. 

Maybe it's just for people who are way out of town like me.

I'm like you. I have a budget set. I'll get what I can get. I just hope I'm happy with it.

My rep said I could do a virtual call, then if I wanted, go to the experience center.  She probably brought that up since I haven't reserved a time to go yet, and it's been almost a month since I got the invite.  

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

What section is that?  Just curious because our seats are somewhat close and want to see where we will fall into the new areas

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The fat ass section and regular ass

... and the old ass and the young ass. 

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What section is that?  Just curious because our seats are somewhat close and want to see where we will fall into the new areas

Someone posted an updated seating chart in the Facebook group for this.  I think he puts it up after updates.  I don't pay to much attention, just recall seeing it.