Election Interference | Donald Trump + Stormy Daniels hush money case - GUILTY

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jury found him guilty. He served nearly three years of a three- to 10-year sentence and then the conviction was overturned for pathetic reasons.

Innocent people should not be in jailed but juries are comprised of humans.

Funny, in your speech - you didn’t say anything about Daniel Perry.

Thank$ for making my point.

Are you now saying systemic racism is really  just because juries are comprised of humans.

What do you and Teddy think about Daniel Perry?

Edited by reddogblitz

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thank$ for making my point.

You purposely left out the important parts that a jury convicted Cosby and he served time because it didn’t fit your narrative 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You purposely left out the important parts that a jury convicted Cosby and he served time because it didn’t fit your narrative 

You left a lot of stuff out too like how all the innocent people in jail were sent up by bad juries as opposed to systemic racism.

How did he get out? 

Edited by reddogblitz

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You left a lot of stuff out too like how all the innocent people in jail were sent up by bad juries as opposed to systemic racism.

Why would you assume everyone on a jury is racist? 

I don’t think Teddy would approve pardoning a racist who was convicted by a jury for shooting an Air Force veteran. 

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How did he get out? 

After three years in prison; his lawyers found a way to get him out.

And guess what? Trump can appeal and have the same luck.

Next deflection?

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why would you assume everyone on a jury is racist? 

I wouldn't.

I'm just trying to square your Teddy quote saying no one is above or below the law and your usual opinion that blacks get screwed by the justice system and convicted greater than their percentage of the population.  Teddy says they just need to shut up and take it. "...nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."

Seems contradictory unless you don't think the court system is systemically racist.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I see you're not going to explain your position.

Seems you really have an issue with Teddy and his quote.

Meanwhile, I stand by said quote no matter how hard you to try to deflect and change the subject.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

What’s the rush guys?

July was being generous.

Dershowitz has officially lost it.

Expedite the appeal?

Of course not!

Donnie's strategy always has been - and still is - to run out the clock, win the electoral college in November, and get off scot free come January 20.

Expediting the appeal would do him no good. Most appeals fail, and I would bet on this one failing too. If that happens and happens fast, there's nothing to stop him from going to jail before the election or (the critical date) before inauguration.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Trump’s not going to jail in New York. He’s a first-time offender and no one lost money because of his actions -  like in the Madoff case.  The humiliation is palpable, though.

40 minutes ago, BillStime said:

@ChiGoose - thoughts? 

Pretty good analysis. There’s always room to disagree on the law. If it was clear and obvious, we wouldn’t need lawyers. This being a high profile state case when most commentators are federal practitioners, it’s led to a lot of disagreement. 

Trump will appeal, and he absolutely should. It’s his right and it’s what any defendant in his shoes would do. 

I just fail to understand the abundant confidence that he will assuredly win on appeal.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Pretty good analysis. There’s always room to disagree on the law. If it was clear and obvious, we wouldn’t need lawyers. This being a high profile state case when most commentators are federal practitioners, it’s led to a lot of disagreement. 

Trump will appeal, and he absolutely should. It’s his right and it’s what any defendant in his shoes would do. 

I just fail to understand the abundant confidence that he will assuredly win on appeal.

Agreed.

While appealing the verdict is undoubtedly Trump's right and a common legal strategy for any defendant who believes there may be grounds for a successful appeal, the certainty of winning on appeal is far from guaranteed.

The same legal scholars who predicted Trump's victory in this case are now saying a successful appeal is all but guaranteed.

It's wise to be cautious about the potential outcomes of an appeal, acknowledging that the appellate process entails stringent scrutiny and legal arguments.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, ChiGoose said:

I don't know why I reply on here, but, if you had children, you would certainly be hoping that Trump won on appeal, because you definitely wouldn't want them to be living in a world where this stuff happens...

3 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

I don't know why I reply on here, but, if you had children, you would certainly be hoping that Trump won on appeal, because you definitely wouldn't want them to be living in a world where this stuff happens...

You want your kids to live in a country where this is acceptable? 

11 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

I do have a kid and I’m totally fine living in a world where the laws are enforced.