Are you better off today than you were four years ago?

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I lost my loved one because my Democrat governor sent Covid patients to my grandmother’s nursing home…Not sure what that has to do with Trump…

It's Trump's fault that Andrew Cuomo is evil.

Don't you know that? 🤣

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I lost my loved one because my Democrat governor sent Covid patients to my grandmother’s nursing home…Not sure what that has to do with Trump…

So where does the buck stop?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Hillary wouldn’t have ignored her intelligence in 2019.

Hillary wouldn’t have disbanded the pandemic expert team causing inefficiencies and shortages in resources.

Hillary wouldn’t have ignored the pandemic playbook that Obama left behind.

Hillary wouldn’t have politicized the pandemic response. prioritize political gains over public health data, hindering effective management.

Hillary wouldn’t have withdrawn from the WHO and obstruct global collaboration.

Hillary wouldn’t have lied to Americans about the severity of the virus and kept telling Americans it would just go away… with heat, disinfectant, uv light, and unproven treatments. 

Hillary wouldn’t have downplayed the severity of the virus, compared it to the flu and claimed it would disappear on its own, delaying action.

Hillary wouldn’t have had inconsistent messaging, actions and contradicted health professionals, thus eroding public trust in health advice.

Hillary would have done her absolute best and idiots in red states would still die at higher rates just to own the libs.

Hilly may have done all of what you say (except the politicization thing, which is silly even for you)...and it still wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hilly may have done all of what you say (except the politicization thing, which is silly even for you)...and it still wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference. 

ETTD

https://www.wsj.com/real-estate/commercial/the-unlikely-new-real-estate-darling-restaurants-5308a2f3?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Revealed preferences.

Food services accounted for more than 19% of all retail leases last year, rising in recent years to the highest proportion for any category since data firm CoStar Group began tracking the statistic in 2007.

The uptick reflects how Americans are spending more time and money at restaurants, from fine-dining hot spots to fast-casual chains. Low unemployment, rising wages, the ascent of “foodie culture” and millennials’ tendency to marry and have children later than previous generations have likely contributed to increased restaurant spending in recent years, analysts say. Single households are less likely to grocery shop than families.

It is a far cry from the depths of the pandemic, when tens of thousands of restaurants permanently closed. Four years later, robust restaurant leasing has helped power the retail-real-estate sector to its strongest position in years.

The average household spent nearly 53% of its food budget on food away from home last year, a record-high proportion and up 10 percentage points from 2003, according to the U.S. Agriculture Department’s Economic Research Service. 

Total restaurant sales have never been higher. They are on track to top $1.1 trillion this year, a 5.4% increase from 2023’s record-high level, according to the National Restaurant Association, an industry group. 

Money spent on dining out has been rising for years. In 2018, the average household spent slightly more money dining out for the first time since the USDA started tracking the statistics in 1997. Restaurant spending tanked in 2020 but quickly rebounded as establishments reopened and infection fears faded.

On 6/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.wsj.com/real-estate/commercial/the-unlikely-new-real-estate-darling-restaurants-5308a2f3?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Revealed preferences.

Food services accounted for more than 19% of all retail leases last year, rising in recent years to the highest proportion for any category since data firm CoStar Group began tracking the statistic in 2007.

The uptick reflects how Americans are spending more time and money at restaurants, from fine-dining hot spots to fast-casual chains. Low unemployment, rising wages, the ascent of “foodie culture” and millennials’ tendency to marry and have children later than previous generations have likely contributed to increased restaurant spending in recent years, analysts say. Single households are less likely to grocery shop than families.

It is a far cry from the depths of the pandemic, when tens of thousands of restaurants permanently closed. Four years later, robust restaurant leasing has helped power the retail-real-estate sector to its strongest position in years.

The average household spent nearly 53% of its food budget on food away from home last year, a record-high proportion and up 10 percentage points from 2003, according to the U.S. Agriculture Department’s Economic Research Service. 

Total restaurant sales have never been higher. They are on track to top $1.1 trillion this year, a 5.4% increase from 2023’s record-high level, according to the National Restaurant Association, an industry group. 

Money spent on dining out has been rising for years. In 2018, the average household spent slightly more money dining out for the first time since the USDA started tracking the statistics in 1997. Restaurant spending tanked in 2020 but quickly rebounded as establishments reopened and infection fears faded.

Stop buying avocado toast & mocha lattes and you can afford a house too, silly millennials.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Stop buying avocado toast & mocha lattes and you can afford a house too, silly millennials.

I've said it a few times in this thread:

Fresh food at the supermarket is cheap.

Prepared/junk food is expensive.

Restaurant food is really expensive.