Nathan Peterman - Signs with Saints

GoBills!

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Todd Collins has the highest percentage completion in Michigan history (higher than Brady) prior to last year with JJ Mccarthy.

That's amazing. For such a ***** school with so much piss poor football and how miserable that state is I am glad they can call Todd Collins among their best. How fitting for a disgusting team, state, and University that has only the all time worst things in the history of the world and universe right there.

Todd F'Collins!!

Also JJ mCCarthy throws like a school girl.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:29 PM, Maine-iac said:

How is this even a thing?  Who in there right mind thinks Peterman should ever get under center and take a snap in the NFL?

Yeah, I am surprised the guy keeps finding a job. He is probably really smart and can help coach maybe. Just lacks the physical talent.  He is like a poor mans Tua IMO.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:16 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame them but I don’t like it either. It’s a different form of nepotism. It’s like, “he’s an easy personality to have in the room and not a real threat to the job.” More power to him, but I think it’s BS that a more qualified individual doesn’t get the opportunity because he’s a known “nice guy.”

Like who though? Who is football smart, has game experience even though terrible its still game experience, and is just sitting out there without a job? IOW whose job did he "steal."

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Peterman Principle: To inexplicably rise to several levels above your level of incompetence, and somehow continue to get rehired for the same position.

That’s pretty much 80% of the modern work force. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps the only QB I can recall who aborted a 'Hail Mary'.  Not fouled up as in a mistake or misfire, an out and out abortion by hauling it in and running around. 🤨

Trent did that once too. He got benched the next morning and cut a week later 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:55 PM, Big Turk said:

How is this dude still on an NFL roster?

I keep telling y'all - Nathan Peterman is like Catnip for Coaches.  When you put him at the whiteboard or set him watching film, he's gotta be like Stacy's Mom - he's "Got it Going On".

And coaches figure that since he's got it going on between his ears, it's GOT to translate to the playing field sometime. 

There's probably value to having him in the QB room.  Just don't count on him to play.  Bears did that at the end of 2022, I will say he didn't throw an INT, but he threw like for 114 yds on 19 attempts.

54 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I am surprised the guy keeps finding a job. He is probably really smart and can help coach maybe. Just lacks the physical talent.  He is like a poor mans Tua IMO.

I looked it up.  At this point, according to Spotrac, Peterman has career earnings of $7.4M, not counting his contract from the Saints.

$7.4 for 7 years work.  He's got 160 passing attempts, that's like $46k per pass attempt

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

good for Nate.   still getting paid to do what he loves.  hes been through a lot,  and hes doing better than 95% of the world.

I love sitting on a bench too, and nobody ever paid me a dime...

On 3/14/2024 at 8:45 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

An absolute whiz in training camp and preseason…and a great clipboard holder, so good for him! 👍

I agree - good for him.  He must have something upstairs rather than his ability to hit receivers.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I keep telling y'all - Nathan Peterman is like Catnip for Coaches.  When you put him at the whiteboard or set him watching film, he's gotta be like Stacy's Mom - he's "Got it Going On".

And coaches figure that since he's got it going on between his ears, it's GOT to translate to the playing field sometime. 

There's probably value to having him in the QB room.  Just don't count on him to play.  Bears did that at the end of 2022, I will say he didn't throw an INT, but he threw like for 114 yds on 19 attempts.

I looked it up.  At this point, according to Spotrac, Peterman has career earnings of $7.4M, not counting his contract from the Saints.

$7.4 for 7 years work.  He's got 160 passing attempts, that's like $46k per pass attempt

I can't even hate on him...all it shows is that having a positive attitude and working your ass off sometimes is enough even if you aren't very good at it.

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

His career is like Jason in the Friday the 13th franchise. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

He has 160 passing attempts? Really? Does that include preseason? I don't remember  him ever getting in a game other than for Buffalo. 

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Trent did that once too. He got benched the next morning and cut a week later 

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps the only QB I can recall who aborted a 'Hail Mary'.  Not fouled up as in a mistake or misfire, an out and out abortion by hauling it in and running around. 🤨

Didn't Losman do it too? Or it was at least a 4th down and he ran around and then out of bounds well behind the line of scrimmage for a big loss.

9 hours ago, boyst said:

That's amazing. For such a ***** school with so much piss poor football and how miserable that state is I am glad they can call Todd Collins among their best. How fitting for a disgusting team, state, and University that has only the all time worst things in the history of the world and universe right there.

Todd F'Collins!!

Also JJ mCCarthy throws like a school girl.

McCarthy throws like a schoolgirl. Seriously?

7 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

He has 160 passing attempts? Really? Does that include preseason? I don't remember  him ever getting in a game other than for Buffalo. 

Look it up.  No, regular season.  130 with Buffalo.  He started a game for Chicago

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Like who though? Who is football smart, has game experience even though terrible its still game experience, and is just sitting out there without a job? IOW whose job did he "steal."

I used Matt Barkley earlier in the thread. He checks those boxes. AJ McCarron, Trevor Siemian, Brian Hoyer and Ben Dinucci would all check that box. There are many, many, many more. Every one of them is more deserving.