OT on Leno last night

he had this joke but it really makes you think. It was something like this

After all this you have to really feel sorry for Martha Stewart. Let's see,

OJ

Robert Blake

Michael Jackson

and what did she do. Made a phone call to her broker and Boom jail.

he had this joke but it really makes you think. It was something like this

After all this you have to really feel sorry for Martha Stewart. Let's see,

OJ

Robert Blake

Michael Jackson

and what did she do.  Made a phone call to her broker and Boom jail.

358259[/snapback]

Aint no joke to her. She should have killed her broker after he made the trade. :doh:

Martha went to jail because CEOs don't generate name recognition and the gov't needed a public face to show that they were cracking down on corporate crooks, and in turn keep the Hot Pockets crowd entertained so they wouldn't demand a better explanation for the discovery that the entire Wall Street process is rigged.

Martha went to jail because CEOs don't generate name recognition and the gov't needed a public face to show that they were cracking down on corporate crooks, and in turn keep the Hot Pockets crowd entertained so they wouldn't demand a better explanation for the discovery that the entire Wall Street process is rigged.

358270[/snapback]

Ohh geez, when did they give internet access to the guys from Compliance?

apparently you dont see the rating of late night tv.............oh wait.....old man u must be asleep

358756[/snapback]

Hold on a second, sonny. Lemme find my spectacles, so I kin read what yer sayin' here.

I guess there's plenty of people out there who find Leno funny.....for whatever reason. I tend to watch (actually, I tivo) the show I still find to be the best; the same show the Emmys continually find to be the best also: the Late Show w/ David Letterman. I suppose I take my cue from a person I would say is a foremost authority on late night television and one who kept his loyalty and allegiance to Letterman after he went to CBS: the late, great Johnny Carson, who even wrote jokes for Letterman's show just shortly before he passed away.

Hold on a second, sonny.  Lemme find my spectacles, so I kin read what yer sayin' here.

I guess there's plenty of people out there who find Leno funny.....for whatever reason.  I tend to watch (actually, I tivo) the show I still find to be the best; the same show the Emmys continually find to be the best also:  the Late Show w/ David Letterman.  I suppose I take my cue from a person I would say is a foremost authority on late night television and one who kept his loyalty and allegiance to Letterman after he went to CBS:  the late, great Johnny Carson, who even wrote jokes for Letterman's show just shortly before he passed away.

359023[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Letterman has a lot more misses than hits nowadays.

On some nights, he is screamingly funny. But for most nights, it is painful to watch him.

Unfortunately, Letterman has a lot more misses than hits nowadays.

On some nights, he is screamingly funny. But for most nights, it is painful to watch him.

359030[/snapback]

Letterman is painful to watch...

Letterman is painful to watch...

359047[/snapback]

Dave can be pretty painful to watch, especially if he does not like his guest. But, I've been watching him for so many years, I give him a lot of latitude. He kind of seems like "uncle Dave."

Leno, on the other hand, I find excrutiating to watch, primarily because his humor so often belittles others. I am regularly disappointed to see that he gets better guests, and has better production support on the Tonight Show than Letterman gets. I wonder if the Tonight Show costs twice as much to produce....

Just rating the person, not the show, I think Conan is currently the best.

hey, I just like the jokes leno does at the beginning and then jaywalking, headlines etc......

I can watch all of Conan more than any of the rest.......he will be a great replacement for Leno in my opinion

I like JAY. I can watch Letterman but my favortite is Jay and the animals that come on. He gets right down on all fours withthe dogs and all.

Leno has a very generous heart and contributes in a way I never see Letterman do (Motorcycle auctions for charity, military days), but his routinely sophmoric humor makes me miss Carson exponentially.

I liked Letterman until I went to a taping of the show. Before the show, his cronies keep announcing to the audience that you better laugh a lot (but not too loud for the microphones), or Dave is going to save his best stuff for a better audience. I thought it was rude frankly. I watch him from time to time, but not like I used to.

As for Conan, he's just so unattractive, I find him painful to watch. He is funny, but far to homely.