Bills re-sign Cam Lewis

Process

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just want to re bump this 

I've always had cams back he's always been a very good football player

He's the type of guy every roster needs at the bottom

Dude  balled like a mofo today.  Player of the game ya ask me. 

• Like (+1) 2

UB boys Lewis, Ingram come through for Bills during comeback win over Cardinals

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/townnews/sport/ub-boys-lewis-ingram-come-through-for-bills-during-comeback-win-over-cardinals/article_efaf66e0-6e46-11ef-bdfc-9f53f53baa84.html

When you're an undrafted free agent, your path to a contributing role on an NFL roster is a challenging one. But for former University at Buffalo Bulls Cam Lewis and Ja'Marcus Ingram, both Bills defensive backs, they've made the most of their opportunity at the professional level.

Both players have risen in the ranks on the Bills' roster over the past number of seasons, with Lewis being brought in by the team as a UDFA in 2019 and Ingram signed during the 2022 campaign. Each player began their career with roles on the Bills' practice squad but have since been elevated to the 53-man roster. On Sunday, both Lewis and Ingram were presented a significant opportunity and they cashed in.

No surprise on them cashing in with coach known for developing underdeveloped, less known college candidates - they have more to develop.

Cam Lewis: “Keep Playing As A Team” | Buffalo Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Bills show ability to overcome adversity in season-opening win against Cardinals

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-overcome-adversity-nfl-week1-win-arizona-cardinals/71-c61fc951-34c6-43a2-8c45-396542d2a4f6

On top of overcoming the difference on the scoreboard, the Bills had to battle some early injury adversity with All-Pro corner Taron Johnson going down on the first drive of the game.

Fortunately for the Bills, they have the dependable Cam Lewis. 

The former UB Bull stepped up when his number was called, contributing 10 tackles, second-most on the team.

Lewis said he takes pride in being a sort of Swiss Army knife for the Bills defense.

"100%, that's why I'm here," Lewis said. "That's why I have a job. Try to play all four core special teams, nickel, dime, safety. Whatever you need me to do, I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I've been in this system for six years now so I know the ins and outs of it. Whatever I've got to do to help my team win is what I'm going to do."

66de10cc5e47c.image.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1