Imagine if this was said on American TV?

Nipple Comment

Louise Goodman asked Coulthard, 36, if he had practised using a new button which controls a car’s speed before emerging from the pits.

Coulthard replied live on ITV1: “Yeah I have. I’ve been imagining it’s your nipples so I’m being a bit more gentle when I take my finger off.”

It's not about being Victorian. He said something humiliating to her during a professional interview. She was doing her job. What if she had made a comment about his penis during the interview? She would have been fired.

IMO it was very bad taste. I'm sure she giggled out of embarrassment and didn't know what to do. Believe me...she was not amused.

It's not about being Victorian.  He said something humiliating to her during a professional interview. She was doing her job.  What if she had made a comment about his penis during the interview?  She would have been fired.

IMO it was very bad taste. I'm sure she giggled out of embarrassment and didn't know what to do. Believe me...she was not amused.

358211[/snapback]

I did not say it wasn't stupid and boneheaded to say - it was.

However, if it was said in AMerica it would turn into a Janet Jackson-esque fiasco about how his comments will send our collective souls to hell - or something like that.

However, if it was said in AMerica it would turn into a Janet Jackson-esque fiasco about how his comments will send our collective souls to hell - or something like that.

358228[/snapback]

Hyperbole, table for one please...

What if she had made a comment about his penis during the interview?  She would have been fired.

358211[/snapback]

Are you saying that a female is more likely to draw backlash & get fired for such a sexual comment?

You must be joking.

Are you saying that a female is more likely to draw backlash & get fired for such a sexual comment?

You must be joking.

Actually, I can't even think of a time when a female has done something like this. Made a remark about a man's body parts during a TV interview? Has anyone?

358228[/snapback]

No surprise....very different attitudes about that kind of thing in much of Europe. You can still walk into corporate offices in the UK and see Page 3 pin ups in guys cubicals. Speaking of, today's version was quite lovely. :doh:

Bets on how long before someone gives the cliched response type like the following:

"Why is America so concerned about sex in popular culture which is a beautiful and natural act while unconcerned about violence on TV which is horrible and destructive."