For those of you attending San Diego...

Spun

Avoid Tijuana. It is overrated and very unsafe. For some this is old news, for others you need to know that the situation in TJ is very desperate and getting worse. The corruption doesn't get a cop fired, just transferred. The saddest part is that good, honest, hardworking people of TJ suffer because of the loss of visitors.

Read this unbelievable story:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s_7m17hank.html

This won't stop AKC and the Posse from visiting. :P

20 years ago when I was stationed in San Diego ( Navy) , I went to Tijuana and a cop tried to extort $50 from me or he said he'd throw me in jail. We jumped in my friends car and took off before they could react. So I've already been down that road. :doh:

This won't stop AKC and the Posse from visiting.  :P

20 years ago when I was stationed in San Diego ( Navy) , I went to Tijuana and a cop tried to extort $50 from me or he said he'd throw me in jail. We jumped in my friends car and took off before they could react. So I've already been down that road.  :doh:

358172[/snapback]

So in reality you are a fugitive? Yeah, great role model, St John De Lasalle..... Pray for us!

Spun: I'm grateful that you took the time to issue a warning. But I'm wondering if your info may be a little out of date.

My daughter and son-in-law just visited So. California and included a side trip down to TJ. They said it was fine. Kinda seedy, but exactly what they expected.

I don't believe the SD Bills Backers would organize a trip there for all their fellow Bills fans if they felt there was a safety risk.

Spun:  I'm grateful that you took the time to issue a warning. But I'm wondering if your info may be a little out of date. 

My daughter and son-in-law just visited So. California and included a side trip down to TJ.  They said it was fine. Kinda seedy, but exactly what they expected.

I don't believe the SD Bills Backers would organize a trip there for all their fellow Bills fans if they felt there was a safety risk.

358191[/snapback]

I am referring to TJ which is roughly 20 miles south, not San Diego. I live in San Diego. We have our stories. Nights in TJ are the worst. If you look like a tourist, you are viewed as having money by the honest and the less so. Come to San Diego, you will love it! If you haven't been to San Diego, what are you waiting for? I am just giving a heads up for those who may not know what it is like in TJ. Extortion in TJ is old news for some of us. It is worse today as is the drug and gang violence. The cops are not to be trusted.

The SD Bills Backers do go all out for visiting fans. They are working very hard at making a party to remember. So bring it. You will love San Diego. The Bills Backers bar is a football toss from the ocean. San Diego is unreal, especially in November. Think living room with freezing temps outside or temperate, ocean breezes! If you feel a need to go to TJ, go during the day. For the most part, the only non-locals that visit TJ are the under 21 year olds who can drink, those who are visiting friends and family, the gamblers, those who are looking for trouble and the unsuspecting. I am concerned for the latter, especially the Bills fans.

Excerpt from the US Dept. of State cousular Information Sheet - Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

"CRIME: Crime in Mexico continues at high levels, and it is often violent, especially in Mexico City, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, and the state of Sinaloa. "

If you think you can sashay and caberet in TJ like you can in Anytown, USA, tell your relatives what flowers you'de like for your wake beforehand.

Excerpt from the US Dept. of State cousular Information Sheet - Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

"CRIME: Crime in Mexico continues at high levels, and it is often violent, especially in Mexico City, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, and the state of Sinaloa. "

If you think you can sashay and caberet in TJ like you can in Anytown, USA, tell your relatives what flowers you'de like for your wake beforehand.

358295[/snapback]

Yeah, BYOBB -- Bring Your Own Body Bag :lol: