Stephon Gilmore swan song?

12 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

Nico went 4 for 86

43 of those yards came on the final 2 drives when the game was done @ 31-7 with 10 mins to play. 

Vikes starting d with gilmore shut nico out. same with diggs and dell. the majority of their production came in the final handful of drives when it was out of reach. 

• Like (+1) 2

Gilmore has always had the talent,  he just didnt want to be in Buffalo.   you could tell from the second he got drafted he was upset about it,  and it continued through the years he was here.   gotta remember that back when Gilmore was drafted the Bills were a joke franchise.   so he did the absolute least he could while here.  he covered well,  didnt want to get injured tackling in the run game,  waiting out his time till he could get out of here.   that kind of effort while somewhat understandable,  sure as hell wont make you a fan favorite.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

Nico went 4 for 86

didn't watch the game (nor did i) did ya? lol

i kid, but yeah... i saw the stat line and heard nfl radio talking about the game then saw some articles by the vikings. harrison phillips also had an INT yesterday and is playing very well for them as their starting nose tackle. he wasn't worth what he got paid, though.

from vikings site
image.thumb.png.d3b58e1288b9b30c09f9a8ffe1a1d45d.png

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Gilmore has always had the talent,  he just didnt want to be in Buffalo.   you could tell from the second he got drafted he was upset about it,  and it continued through the years he was here.   gotta remember that back when Gilmore was drafted the Bills were a joke franchise.   so he did the absolute least he could while here.  he covered well,  didnt want to get injured tackling in the run game,  waiting out his time till he could get out of here.   that kind of effort while somewhat understandable,  sure as hell wont make you a fan favorite.

Gilmore had already had a deal with the panthers that was going to be in place. he and his agent were ready until the patriots asked him to fly up. the patriots feigned interest and did not approach him seriously so the gilmore camp did not take it that seriously. they even questioned the point of the purpose since the patriots were not big spenders.

the typical stuff happened; gilmore toured the place, talked to the folks, nothing glamorous. no red carpet and big smiles or handshakes like what he got from others courting him - houston was also interested at the time iirc. carolina, though, was all about him.

anyway, only when the patriots presented their contract offer did the Gilmore camp realize that this was a legit visit and he patriots wanted him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

Not understandable.   Regardless of what he thought of the franchise he was being paid for his effort.    One of my least favorite Bills of all time. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sojourner said:

43 of those yards came on the final 2 drives when the game was done @ 31-7 with 10 mins to play. 

Vikes starting d with gilmore shut nico out. same with diggs and dell. the majority of their production came in the final handful of drives when it was out of reach. 

Diggs had 6 catches for 73 yards in the 1st half...not on those garbage drives in 4th QTR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

The whole didn't want to tackle in the run game is the biggest Make-Believe storyline that bills fans created 

He literally played with a broken wrist and a club on his hand and still tackled...

He literally had a collision with Eddie Lacy so big it knocked both of them out of the game.. Eddie Lacy was a 260 lb running back 

He is the only corner in the NFL who would smack him head on.. and he knocked them both out 

Maybe trying to play like a linebacker changed his mind and made him become more conservative at times

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

The whole didn't want to tackle in the run game is the biggest Make-Believe storyline that bills fans created 

He literally played with a broken wrist and a club on his hand and still tackled...

He literally had a collision with Eddie Lacy so big it knocked both of them out of the game.. Eddie Lacy was a 260 lb running back 

He is the only corner in the NFL who would smack him head on.. and he knocked them both out 

Maybe trying to play like a linebacker changed his mind and made him become more conservative at times

never said he didnt play hard at the start.  he sure didnt at the end.   yes the injuries probably made him rethink about the effort he made.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not understandable.   Regardless of what he thought of the franchise he was being paid for his effort.    One of my least favorite Bills of all time. 

yeah i get it.  maybe i didnt word it the best.  i understand why he bagged it at the end,  looking to move on injury free and get another contract.  so as a selfish person who didnt like the surroundings,  he held back.  thats what i meant.  i dont condone it,  and its one of the reasons i never liked him.   

• Like (+1) 1