Pit Bulls are so cuddly!!! Breed more of them.

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Guy called out for help and the bystanders….  take out their phones and film the dude getting bitten to death.

This is yet another way to know that society is doomed.

Do you remember the guy who after a car accident, filmed the kids dying rather than helping them?

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/crime/cops-guy-films-dying-teen-instead-of-helping/275-213166453

Standing ovation for this pitbull!

https://iheartdogs.com/pibullsavesboyslifesnakestory/

“My brother was walking his pit bull lab mix, Hurley, in our neighborhood field around 10 pm. He walks him this late so he can let him off his leash so he can do what he loves to do, explore all the different smells. He heard a young kid scream and before my brother knew it, Hurley took off after the scream.  

With my brother close behind, he saw Hurley grab a copper head snake away from the little boy and fling it around, later found out he had killed it. The little boy ran to his mother’s vehicle and sped off so fast that my brother was unable to find out any information on the little boy. (We are assuming because they left so fast that he was bitten and being rushed to the ER).

My brother then went on to call animal control and the Highland Village Cops showed up to check out the scene. They asked to take a look at Hurley to see if he was bitten. To my brother’s surprise, he was bleeding, had a swollen neck and foaming from his mouth. Sure enough, they found two puncture wounds in his upper lip.

Shelby rushed Hurley to Denton Animal Emergency Hospital where he stayed the night so they could check his blood clotting ability multiple times throughout the night. Shelby and Hurley both got home this morning. Thank God, Hurley is doing a lot better this morning, just seems a little uncomfortable with his swollen face and neck.

It was later discovered the little boy had come across a copper head nest and hopefully, Hurley prevented him from getting bitten, or at least getting bitten multiple times. We are still trying to find out who the little boy is and make sure he is okay.”

Edited by Royale with Cheese

On 2/26/2024 at 3:38 AM, boyst said:

Pitts can be good dogs. They can be bad dogs. But they're always dangerous. 

And THIS is the only relevant point.  You never know when one could snap…but when they do, the results are disastrous.

That’s a problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

And THIS is the only relevant point.  You never know when one could snap…but when they do, the results are disastrous.

That’s a problem.

That's with a lot bigger breed dog's.  I used to pet sit a lot and was at the dog park daily for years.  The most aggressive dogs were big chocolate labs and rottweilers.

My friend had to put his GSD down because it ripped off his wife's fingers and tore multiple ligaments in her hand...she has a permanently disabled hand now and it's one of the saddest things I have seen.  She owned this dog for 6 years.

I trust my pits more than the dachshund I used to own around children.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

That’s a problem.

Any dog can snap and be dangerous. Not every dog will have lethal results. It’s not only Pitts, but they are among the most powerful. 

The only dog that ever bit me was a schnauzer. Damn yappy thing just jumped up and bit me on the thigh thru my pants, breaking the skin. We were about 12 floors up and I wanted to punt the thing off the balcony, but I thought our friend might have frowned on that. I was angry, but I was never in fear for my life. 

Edited by Augie

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The Albany police are looking to re-home these puppies. You have some spare room in the house, correct?

"In an attempt to stop the attack, one dog was shot and killed by police. 23 others are being held at the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society. All of the dogs were described as mixed-breed pit bulls."

23 f'in dogs in one home.  I'm not sure Gugny would even have room for one with his lovely cat. 

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

"In an attempt to stop the attack, one dog was shot and killed by police. 23 others are being held at the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society. All of the dogs were described as mixed-breed pit bulls."

23 f'in dogs in one home.  I'm not sure Gugny would even have room for one with his lovely cat. 

This came up in a conversation with friends this morning…..some condos and planned developments have pet restrictions. It’s usually about yes/no/dog/cat and how big. Some places have “breed restrictions”. How on God’s green earth are they going to enforce that? Are we doing genetic testing on each dog? How much is too much? I’m not saying this restriction is right or wrong, but I do think it’s kinda dumb to even try something unenforceable. 

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Best dogs ever.  The cat is new and they accepted him immediately.  

Pets.jpg

You appear to have a full size cat, rivaling the dog behind him. 

I’m not a cat guy. I think I was married when I learned my mother really wasn’t allergic to cats.  😂 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Plus, I think he still wants to buy a kayak. 

• Haha (+1) 1