Führer Trump + Project 2025 + Christofascists seeking to steal our country

FTA:

Indeed, it’s not despite Trump’s moderate agenda that his adversaries have sought to paint him in extremist terms. It’s because he has effectively co-opted some of the Democrats’ long-abandoned pro-worker policies. Nothing has made this clearer than the recent dust-up over ‘Project 2025’.

The Project 2025 Presidential Transition Project is a policy agenda and personnel database organized by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank. Its aim is to ‘rescue the country from the grip of the radical left’. It plans to do so by privatizing public services, as well as making cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and social security.

It also recommends the Food and Drug Administration reverse its approval of the abortion pill, mifepristone, and that ‘the next conservative administration’ should create a ‘pro-life task force to ensure that all of the department’s divisions seek to use their authority to promote the life and health of women and their unborn children’. It also uses language that opposes gay marriage, insisting that ‘married men and women are the ideal, natural family structure because all children have a right to be raised by the men and women who conceived them’.

The liberal media immediately tried to pin Project 2025 on Trump, breathlessly hailing it as his blueprint for a second term. Unfortunately for them, Trump promptly disavowed the project. ‘I know nothing about Project 2025’, he wrote on his social-media site, Truth Social, last week. ‘I have no idea who is behind it’, he added. ‘I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.’ Oof.

Naturally, the media called Trump a liar. But any honest doubts about the gap between Trump’s actual agenda and Project 2025 should be summarily put to rest by the Republican National Committee’s 2024 GOP platform, which was released earlier this week. The new GOP agenda reflects the total capture of the Republican Party by Trump’s own version of things – not the far-right version of the media’s fantasy, but what Trump actually thinks and is proposing.

More at the link: https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/07/10/the-truth-about-trump-hes-a-moderate/

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

The irony is that Biden is the same person, but senile.  And LOL at the "free press."  I think we can put that lie to rest once and for all.

So the platform says trump is going to end inflation. They never say what policies are going to accomplish this. Is it by doing mass deportations of workers and imposing mandatory tariffs on imported goods? That sounds like a recipe to spike inflation to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2024 at 9:48 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Jan 2029...that is the key date

What evidence do you have that made you come to this opinion? The only one refusing to step down for the good of the country is a democrat. Bribem refuses to resign, I would not doubt he will refuse to step down in January if he loses. There is a much better chance of that happening.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

My plastic gas can works fine, my toilet works, my shower works. Sounds like you all want to return to the glory days when you could buy a Ford Pinto, pollute as much as you want and get a fractured skull from a rear end collision and or get cremated in the accident.