2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

BADOLBILZ

11 hours ago, US Egg said:

Like the Cinderella/pumpkin analogy. Not defending Gil, but, Cole injury sort of forced him into starting rotation. Stroman was playing over his head. Find out tomorrow if Rodon is returning to last season form. Judge’s one man gang act being wasted of late.

Gil will either work thru it or get moved to the pen when Schmidt gets back(if not sooner).   He could be a beast in the pen down the stretch.

The problem the Yankees have now is that they don't have starting pitching to ride the Scranton shuttle.   Brock Selvidge has emerged as their top healthy pitching prospect.   He looks good in double A but seems too raw to be brought up, IMO.   He is drawing Andy Petitte comps.  

Brock Selvidge and Spencer Jones will be representing the Yankees and the AL in the futures game at the All Star break a week from Saturday.

RHP Will Warren has regressed after getting seemingly rushed up the ladder.   He and Yoendry Gomes should probably be in the Yanks bullpen cutting their teeth like Michael King and Schmidt did.

Otherwise just lot of injuries to starting pitching in the minors.  Preseason #1 pitching prospect Chase Hampton just finally started his rehab  starts in the low minors.   I think his situation was like Cole,  strain to the UCL that they chose to rest.   He was going to help this season but probably not.   Clayton Better is injured.   Low minors beasts LaGrange(rhp recently began rehab) and Lalane(lhp) have been out all season.  LaGrange recently started throwing in the FCL.   They could both rise quickly next season.

These Yankee-nerds do a great job of covering the Yankees farm system on youtube:

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When does the boone must go camp kick in?

After the All-Star game? Still can’t believe Judge’s hitting coach popping off. 

6 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

…..damn sunglasses!

1 minute ago, US Egg said:

After the All-Star game? Still can’t believe Judge’s hitting coach popping off. 

…..damn sunglasses!

Ya can't have that crap from a personal hitting coach. They should tell him to "get off my grass"

47 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

DFA that POS immediately 

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When does the boone must go camp kick in?

Yesterday.  I’ve been there awhile actually.  

They are coddled soft and thin skinned that’s on Boone. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Yesterday.  I’ve been there awhile actually.  

They are coddled soft and thin skinned that’s on Boone. 

I haven't seen the writers in the NY Post start going after him yet

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I haven't seen the writers in the NY Post start going after him yet

They blow the last game vs KC bc Holmes sucks.  Losses like that manifest you have to rebound and win or you spiral.  

That happens with this team far too often and that’s on Boone.  

Stanton getting hurt will be their excuse tho.  

But we’ll need to watch him suck for a month before he starts to get rolling.  By then we’ll be fighting for the 3rd wild card and discussing trading Soto at the deadline.  

Hal is awful.  George wouldn’t stand for this. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They blow the last game vs KC bc Holmes sucks.  Losses like that manifest you have to rebound and win or you spiral.  

That happens with this team far too often and that’s on Boone.  

Stanton getting hurt will be their excuse tho.  

But we’ll need to watch him suck for a month before he starts to get rolling.  By then we’ll be fighting for the 3rd wild card and discussing trading Soto at the deadline.  

Hal is awful.  George wouldn’t stand for this. 

Your right, no way he would! I go back to the O's vs Yanks 70's matchups with Earl Weaver and Billy Martin. That was entertainment!

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ya can't have that crap from a personal hitting coach. They should tell him to "get off my grass"

Didn’t catch your sarcasm. The guy cheap shot the organization that paid his protege’ what he wanted.

With 12 letters after his name, guess that qualifies him as organizational material.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Boy, can have a lot of fun with what went on today and tonight?

Where to begin…..???

I’m done watching this team as long as Clay Holmes is the closer.  The 3 best players on earth are the only reason to pay attention - Soto Judge and Cole.  

Boone sucks but won’t get fired.   

They are complete joke.  Cashman built a flawed team - and if he thinks it’s not then that’s your manager.  You relied on guys in their mid 30s to bounce back and one did but we know he pulls a hammy every season.  Plan B?  Some guy named Jamai Jones.  

Enough with all the “every team has tough spots” talk.  That’s for losers.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m done watching this team as long as Clay Holmes is the closer.  The 3 best players on Cashman built a flawed team - and if he thinks it’s not then that’s your manager.  You relied on guys in their mid 30s to bounce back and one did but we know he pulls a hammy every season.  Plan B?  Some guy named Jamai Jones.  

Enough with all the “every team has tough spots” talk.  That’s for losers.

Holmes is one strike away and throws that pitch? Volpe sight sees on the way home and costs a run. Sloppy defensive play that luckily didn’t hurt them. It was a brutal loss and the well is looking empty.

Surprised Boone’s nose didn’t grow in the post game show. Pulling the players type of manager “rough patch” act with your team losing 15 out of 20….well, you said it.

• Like (+1) 1

5-15 in their last 20. 1 -5 on the 6 game homestand. I realize over 162 there will be up's and downs, but this streak of bad play is going on a little too long now.

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2024 at 7:32 AM, Gregg said:

5-15 in their last 20. 1 -5 on the 6 game homestand. I realize over 162 there will be up's and downs, but this streak of bad play is going on a little too long now.

Soto’s approach rubbed off on them in the beginning of the year but they’ve adjusted well and seem back to their normal trash tendencies.