2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

BADOLBILZ

Rough week losing 4 of 6 to the Orioles and Braves. Losing Stanton in lineup will hurt as he was having a good year. Anyway, onto the Subway Series vs the Mets. The Yankees need to get back to their winning ways.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Rough week losing 4 of 6 to the Orioles and Braves. Losing Stanton in lineup will hurt as he was having a good year. Anyway, onto the Subway Series vs the Mets. The Yankees need to get back to their winning ways.

Losing all 3 series to O's, Braves and Dodgers....a bit of an ouch. The near record of quality starts have been carrying them imo.

Stay around .600 for the duration and all is well.  

• Like (+1) 1

Guess I jinxed the quality start mojo. Cole isn’t his old self, yet, and Gil is looking like the rookie he is. At, least Judge is keeping it entertaining.

With Ohtani possibly sitting out the HR derby, gives food to thought that Judge, and Soto, with nothing to prove, should too.

• Like (+1) 1

What a season Judge is having.   Could he get to 63?

I suspect they will get out of their rut soon.   Buffoone is slow to recognize the obvious need for change.   Rizzo was finished a month before his broken arm opened the door for Ben Rice.   Gleyber Tortoise should have been put on waivers a couple weeks ago and dealt for what they can get for the pending FA.   He is second amongst all major leaguers with 12 errors.   He needs to be a near 800 OPS guy to justify playing and he just isn't that.  Looks fat and out of shape in what should be his walk year.   Le Pew is also finished.   Need to let Cabrera get at bats and give some youngsters the chance in the infield.   Also,  Wells needs to be catching 2 out of 3 games.   Gotta develop these guys.   Youth will be served and youth gets you thru the dog days of summer that are coming.    

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I really only do them for the Yanks.    Is Hary Snatchez catching for the Mets this year?  

I liked Buffoone particularly. He tries to act old school with the umps, that era sailed with Jim Leyland.

Billy Martin kicking dirt, Earl Weaver turning his hat around, those were the days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is getting pathetic.  How did the entire team forget how to pitch?  The mid season fall off is ridiculous and an absolute waste of what Judge and Soto are doing.  

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is getting pathetic.  How did the entire team forget how to pitch?  The mid season fall off is ridiculous and an absolute waste of what Judge and Soto are doing.  

Same way it did for the Orioles about a week ago when they lost 5 in a row. Long season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Same way it did for the Orioles about a week ago when they lost 5 in a row. Long season

The problem is, this has been our MO the past few years.   Team just can’t stay healthy or age catches them at the midpoint. 

51 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The problem is, this has been our MO the past few years.   Team just can’t stay healthy or age catches them at the midpoint. 

Yankees did slide in the 2nd half last season. They go .500 the rest of this season that’s around 90 wins. Miami and Arizona made the playoffs last year with 84. 

So what’s my point?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473ybsowbdc5j0en16zs

11 hours ago, US Egg said:

Yankees did slide in the 2nd half last season. They go .500 the rest of this season that’s around 90 wins. Miami and Arizona made the playoffs last year with 84. 

So what’s my point?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473ybsowbdc5j0en16zs

Just means another wasted season with a second round elimination 

Nice win yesterday to split the 4-game series with the Jays. The Yanks need to get back to their winning ways. This rough stretch has gone on a little too long. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was gonna wear my Reds hat as part of my 4th of July red, white and blue attire, but, now that they’re playing the Yankees on the 4th I have to rethink things.

…..quite the dilemma.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yanks updated their website with fresh player photos.

Luis Gil:

image.jpeg.0e65529ad01bd1b72ff038891fc957d8.jpeg

Like the Cinderella/pumpkin analogy. Not defending Gil, but, Cole injury sort of forced him into starting rotation. Stroman was playing over his head. Find out tomorrow if Rodon is returning to last season form. Judge’s one man gang act being wasted of late.