2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

BADOLBILZ

4 hours ago, US Egg said:

There's tough, there's tougher, there's the toughest, then there's this:

I'm amazed on two levels: that he remained in the game is one - that he is still in the big leagues AND on a contending team is even more amazing. As a Met he was beyond useless, my lasting memory is McCann as a batter grabbing his crotch between most pitches.

5 hours ago, US Egg said:

There's tough, there's tougher, there's the toughest, then there's this:

They show him on the bench in game two.  Gigundous black eye and his left eye only half open.

Seriously disappointed in the lack of moves at the deadline.  Yankees needed at least another relief pitcher and another bat.  

Other teams in the race got better, we somewhat did.  

“Reggie” Chisholm added to the fun again. Is he the straw that stirs the drink? 🤔

Cole fatigue? Anyways, got my slate cleared out for 12:30 today. 

I love weekday afternoon games.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

What a road trip. Won 5 out of 6. Swept the Phillies with a 6-5 win today. Let's Go Yankees.

Hopefully they can bring their “Road Warrior” act back for their 9 game home stand. They’re 16 over on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

Schmidt coming back to the rotation should be huge.  I'm still not happy with Holmes as our closer and I think we are relying way to much on Stanton and others to bounce back, but this is a game of confidence and hopefully this week helped boost ours.

More than anything, I'm just happy that all the other first place teams appeared to slump at the same time we did

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

At this point, they can’t release Torres.  

Leads the league in errors at second, terrible batting, and now costs the team a run because he didn’t run out a hit. 

Thought he had a home run, stopped to watch it, winds up with a single when it bounces off the wall.  Then he gets thrown out at home, where he would have been safe had he started at 2nd. 

He sucks

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

At this point, they can’t release Torres.  

Leads the league in errors at second, terrible batting, and now costs the team a run because he didn’t run out a hit. 

Thought he had a home run, stopped to watch it, winds up with a single when it bounces off the wall.  Then he gets thrown out at home, where he would have been safe had he started at 2nd. 

He sucks

Not sure when you posted this but Boone eventually pulled him from the game. Pretty sure Boone has been Gleyber's manager his entire career. If Gleyber is as lazy/undisciplined as I read - it's an incredibly bad look for Boone as a manager.

Disclosure: I'm a Mets fan, I try to avoid biased posts but I'm human.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not sure when you posted this but Boone eventually pulled him from the game. Pretty sure Boone has been Gleyber's manager his entire career. If Gleyber is as lazy/undisciplined as I read - it's an incredibly bad look for Boone as a manager.

Disclosure: I'm a Mets fan, I try to avoid biased posts but I'm human.

Right before they benched him.  Good 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2024 at 7:12 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course.  ELL oh Ell 

A little crow eating for me.  Rengifo had a red flag with a wrist injury which may been why the Yanks went for shiny object Chisholm instead.  Totally understandable and if so it turned out correct because Rengifo had a recurrence and is gone for the year.

With the Orioles loss last night, the Yankees are back in first place. Granted it's only a half game lead but still nice to be in first. Should be a hell of a race in the AL East between the Yanks and Orioles. 

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

With the Orioles loss last night, the Yankees are back in first place. Granted it's only a half game lead but still nice to be in first. Should be a hell of a race in the AL East between the Yanks and Orioles. 

A lot of teams did the Yankees a favor by sucking at the exact same time.  It could be a lot worse 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Embarrassing loss. 12-2 to the 28-91 White Sox. BARF!!!

It was ugly out of the gate, it wasn’t for lack of base runners. All the AL top teams been mulling around lately. 

• Agree 1