2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

BADOLBILZ

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think Holliday is almost certainly untouchable and that under any circumstance not including “but we already have Rutchsman”, Basallo would be too.  Maybe he moves to first and Mountcastle is part of a deal in the off-season?   Mayo or Westburg has to be part of any Skubal deal.  Add in Bradfield.  I think Kjerstad or probably Cowser gets added to that and Povich rounds it out.  A top 5 MLB pitcher on a controllable contract won’t be cheap.

No way Westburg gets traded!  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Probably not but far from impossible.  Read today that Mullins and/or Mountcastle could go.  Embarrassment of riches.

11 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

No way Westburg gets traded!  

Uh-oh? Mateo got hurt tonight. 

The Yanks really fell apart. Haven't been playing well for a long time now. When Judge and Soto are the only ones in the lineup that are carrying the offense then that is a problem.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Yanks really fell apart. Haven't been playing well for a long time now. When Judge and Soto are the only ones in the lineup that are carrying the offense then that is a problem.

That’s the team they chose to build. 

And pinning your hopes on a pitcher in his mid-30s to be your savior is never smart. 

Once Cole went down with a bad elbow, he was done. Yes - he can still pitch - but he will not be dominant this season, if ever again. 

Couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of #######, including their ####### fan base. 

I also think it’s cute when Boone says naughty words and thinks it’s going to help. 

They’re getting what they deserve after letting Girardi go and replacing him with this idiot - who had never coached/managed at any level of baseball in his life.

Idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That’s the team they chose to build. 

And pinning your hopes on a pitcher in his mid-30s to be your savior is never smart. 

Once Cole went down with a bad elbow, he was done. Yes - he can still pitch - but he will not be dominant this season, if ever again. 

I also think it’s cute when Boone says naughty words and thinks it’s going to help. 

They’re getting what they deserve after letting Girardi go and replacing him with this idiot - who had never coached/managed at any level of baseball in his life.

Idiots.

I think the one that deserves criticism is Cashman. The lineup outside of Judge and Soto is "meh". Pitching hasn't been what it was earlier in the year. You are right pinning your hopes on a pitcher in his mid-30's isn't a good idea. If George were still alive Cashman would have been canned by now. Over 162 there will be ups and downs, but the Yankees have been slumping to long now.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I think the one that deserves criticism is Cashman. The lineup outside of Judge and Soto is "meh". Pitching hasn't been what it was earlier in the year. You are right pinning your hopes on a pitcher in his mid-30's isn't a good idea. If George were still alive Cashman would have been canned by now. Over 162 there will be ups and downs, but the Yankees have been slumping to long now.

It’s no coincidence they haven’t won or been to a World Series since George passed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

This.  It is Cashman and Hank.

I feel like the Yankees are behind the times with team-building.  They seem to be stuck between their 'brute-force' acquiring and paying players and also not.  If you are going to pay, go all-out Dodgers.  If not, maybe let Judge walk and use that money to fill 3-6 spots in the lineup/bullpen.  

Im a Cleveland fan.  The amount of smart building they do, and have done over the years is mind-boggling.  They are like a pitching factory, and they seem to trade players at the perfect time and get players in return who contribute in a few years time.  Kluber, Clevinger, Bauer, even Lindor.  The Yankees seem too tempted by and willing to keep paying players on their back-stretch.

Data says the Yankees draft and develop well.  Why isnt it translating?  Or is the bar just too high?  These collapses that seem to happen every year hurt perception.

I like Boone.  I feel like he is well respected amongst players, and he is basically a by-the-binder manager, which is and should be fine.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I hate him, just fuking hate him. I've turned the TV off before when he comes in.

Finnegan makes a lot of sense for them but I’m not sure they get along with Washington.  Kopech is no better than Kimbrel.  Neris sucks.  Marlins guy?  With Bautista back next year they are in a weird spot.  I suppose Estevez might be the prime target.

Edited by 4merper4mer

On 7/15/2024 at 11:51 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Reading the Yanks are considering shiny object Jazz Chisholm.  Luis Rengifo is twice the player at half the cost.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course.  ELL oh Ell 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, Gugny said:

Idiots.

Baby, don’t say that 😢

• Haha (+1) 1