2024 New York Yankees..........on to the World Series for 41st time

BADOLBILZ

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Yesterday.  I’ve been there awhile actually.  

They are coddled soft and thin skinned that’s on Boone. 

I haven't seen the writers in the NY Post start going after him yet

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I haven't seen the writers in the NY Post start going after him yet

They blow the last game vs KC bc Holmes sucks.  Losses like that manifest you have to rebound and win or you spiral.  

That happens with this team far too often and that’s on Boone.  

Stanton getting hurt will be their excuse tho.  

But we’ll need to watch him suck for a month before he starts to get rolling.  By then we’ll be fighting for the 3rd wild card and discussing trading Soto at the deadline.  

Hal is awful.  George wouldn’t stand for this. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They blow the last game vs KC bc Holmes sucks.  Losses like that manifest you have to rebound and win or you spiral.  

That happens with this team far too often and that’s on Boone.  

Stanton getting hurt will be their excuse tho.  

But we’ll need to watch him suck for a month before he starts to get rolling.  By then we’ll be fighting for the 3rd wild card and discussing trading Soto at the deadline.  

Hal is awful.  George wouldn’t stand for this. 

Your right, no way he would! I go back to the O's vs Yanks 70's matchups with Earl Weaver and Billy Martin. That was entertainment!

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ya can't have that crap from a personal hitting coach. They should tell him to "get off my grass"

Didn’t catch your sarcasm. The guy cheap shot the organization that paid his protege’ what he wanted.

With 12 letters after his name, guess that qualifies him as organizational material.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Boy, can have a lot of fun with what went on today and tonight?

Where to begin…..???

I’m done watching this team as long as Clay Holmes is the closer.  The 3 best players on earth are the only reason to pay attention - Soto Judge and Cole.  

Boone sucks but won’t get fired.   

They are complete joke.  Cashman built a flawed team - and if he thinks it’s not then that’s your manager.  You relied on guys in their mid 30s to bounce back and one did but we know he pulls a hammy every season.  Plan B?  Some guy named Jamai Jones.  

Enough with all the “every team has tough spots” talk.  That’s for losers.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m done watching this team as long as Clay Holmes is the closer.  The 3 best players on Cashman built a flawed team - and if he thinks it’s not then that’s your manager.  You relied on guys in their mid 30s to bounce back and one did but we know he pulls a hammy every season.  Plan B?  Some guy named Jamai Jones.  

Enough with all the “every team has tough spots” talk.  That’s for losers.

Holmes is one strike away and throws that pitch? Volpe sight sees on the way home and costs a run. Sloppy defensive play that luckily didn’t hurt them. It was a brutal loss and the well is looking empty.

Surprised Boone’s nose didn’t grow in the post game show. Pulling the players type of manager “rough patch” act with your team losing 15 out of 20….well, you said it.

• Like (+1) 1

5-15 in their last 20. 1 -5 on the 6 game homestand. I realize over 162 there will be up's and downs, but this streak of bad play is going on a little too long now.

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2024 at 7:32 AM, Gregg said:

5-15 in their last 20. 1 -5 on the 6 game homestand. I realize over 162 there will be up's and downs, but this streak of bad play is going on a little too long now.

Soto’s approach rubbed off on them in the beginning of the year but they’ve adjusted well and seem back to their normal trash tendencies.

The starting pitching has been the biggest culprit but it should iron itself out.

The rest of the solutions to the Yankees problems are in the minor leagues.

They just don't bring the players up unless it's a last resort(like the Rizzo injury).   Ben Rice should have been up last July.

Stanton goes on the IL and instead of bringing up Agustin Ramirez(and his 20 HR and 21% K rate) they install Trent Grisham full time in CF instead.  

I've mentioned the triple A arms that should be in the bullpen.   Will Warren had the highest "stuff plus" in all of the minors last year and they are trying to give him innings instead of using that nasty arsenal in the MLB bullpen.  Maybe he's not meant for starting pitching success like King or Schmidt.   His ERA is over 6 as a starter.   Just like Delin Betances(6.44) as a starter at Triple A in 2012.   The made him a reliever and he was the best reliever in MLB in 2014 and 2015 pitching to a sub 1.50 ERA over 144 appearances.

They just don't ever seem to learn from their own successes.   

The Yankees are the worst base running team in MLB at -13 runs and that is almost twice as bad as the 31st team(Angels).   They haven't stolen a base in 21 games.    Meanwhile,  their minor league teams have lead the minors in stolen bases the last two years. :doh:  Surround Judge and Soto with the kids and play a more aggressive style.   

It comes down to economics........Hal and Cashman refuse to cut losses until it's clear that that player is among the worst in MLB with absolutely no chance of recovery.   See Hicks and Donaldson(both now out of baseball).

DP Le Pew is arguably the worst player in MLB right now.   No slug, impossibly slow and terrible on the bases and has even become a negative defensive runs guy.   He's 35, cut bait.  Bring up Jorbit Vivas or Ben Cowles and let Cabrera keep developing.  If they get traded........they are going right to the major leagues.   They are as ready as they are going to get.

You either serve the youth or you get punished for not doing so.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Mets 1 1/2 out of a wild card. Yankees looking like they’ll be vying for one.

Who’d of thought that a month ago?

Bolded is a fair question but unbolded an unfair comparison. Yanks are sitting at .591 +3.5 for the first AL WC spot, Mets are at .500 -1.5 from the last NL WC spot.

I'm a Mets fan and what I see is a .500 team playing in a league where that currently keeps them in contention - the same record puts them 5 games out of the last WC spot in the AL.

Yanks will make the playoffs (a -effin-gain...no mean feat) but aren't the juggernaut they were a month ago. 

I'll look forward to seeing how things play out the next month. Between hot/cold players, trades, call-ups and injuries it's likely to change for both teams. For the record I'm not overly optimistic about the Mutts. I think the Cranks will improve but not look like WS contenders. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'll look forward to seeing how things play out the next month. Between hot/cold players, trades, call-ups and injuries it's likely to change for both teams. For the record I'm not overly optimistic about the Mutts. I think the Cranks will improve but not look like WS contenders. Time will tell

I thought Mets starters been looking good of late. Hitting too, except McNeil. They’re making it a bit interesting for now. 

…..Mutts and Cranks 😄

7 minutes ago, US Egg said:

I thought Mets starters been looking good of late. Hitting too, except McNeil. They’re making it a bit interesting for now. 

…..Mutts and Cranks 😄

Yeah that's what I was driving at...of late the Mets have been pretty good, while the Yanks have been pretty bad, but water seeks it's level and my sense is that in the end this Mets team will continue to hover around .500 (which may be good enough to contend for a WC) and the Yanks will  break out of their funk and ease into a WC spot.