2024 New York Yankees..........on to the World Series for 41st time

BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I really only do them for the Yanks.    Is Hary Snatchez catching for the Mets this year?  

I liked Buffoone particularly. He tries to act old school with the umps, that era sailed with Jim Leyland.

Billy Martin kicking dirt, Earl Weaver turning his hat around, those were the days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is getting pathetic.  How did the entire team forget how to pitch?  The mid season fall off is ridiculous and an absolute waste of what Judge and Soto are doing.  

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is getting pathetic.  How did the entire team forget how to pitch?  The mid season fall off is ridiculous and an absolute waste of what Judge and Soto are doing.  

Same way it did for the Orioles about a week ago when they lost 5 in a row. Long season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Same way it did for the Orioles about a week ago when they lost 5 in a row. Long season

The problem is, this has been our MO the past few years.   Team just can’t stay healthy or age catches them at the midpoint. 

51 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The problem is, this has been our MO the past few years.   Team just can’t stay healthy or age catches them at the midpoint. 

Yankees did slide in the 2nd half last season. They go .500 the rest of this season that’s around 90 wins. Miami and Arizona made the playoffs last year with 84. 

So what’s my point?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473ybsowbdc5j0en16zs

11 hours ago, US Egg said:

Yankees did slide in the 2nd half last season. They go .500 the rest of this season that’s around 90 wins. Miami and Arizona made the playoffs last year with 84. 

So what’s my point?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473ybsowbdc5j0en16zs

Just means another wasted season with a second round elimination 

Nice win yesterday to split the 4-game series with the Jays. The Yanks need to get back to their winning ways. This rough stretch has gone on a little too long. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was gonna wear my Reds hat as part of my 4th of July red, white and blue attire, but, now that they’re playing the Yankees on the 4th I have to rethink things.

…..quite the dilemma.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yanks updated their website with fresh player photos.

Luis Gil:

image.jpeg.0e65529ad01bd1b72ff038891fc957d8.jpeg

Like the Cinderella/pumpkin analogy. Not defending Gil, but, Cole injury sort of forced him into starting rotation. Stroman was playing over his head. Find out tomorrow if Rodon is returning to last season form. Judge’s one man gang act being wasted of late.

11 hours ago, US Egg said:

Like the Cinderella/pumpkin analogy. Not defending Gil, but, Cole injury sort of forced him into starting rotation. Stroman was playing over his head. Find out tomorrow if Rodon is returning to last season form. Judge’s one man gang act being wasted of late.

Gil will either work thru it or get moved to the pen when Schmidt gets back(if not sooner).   He could be a beast in the pen down the stretch.

The problem the Yankees have now is that they don't have starting pitching to ride the Scranton shuttle.   Brock Selvidge has emerged as their top healthy pitching prospect.   He looks good in double A but seems too raw to be brought up, IMO.   He is drawing Andy Petitte comps.  

Brock Selvidge and Spencer Jones will be representing the Yankees and the AL in the futures game at the All Star break a week from Saturday.

RHP Will Warren has regressed after getting seemingly rushed up the ladder.   He and Yoendry Gomes should probably be in the Yanks bullpen cutting their teeth like Michael King and Schmidt did.

Otherwise just lot of injuries to starting pitching in the minors.  Preseason #1 pitching prospect Chase Hampton just finally started his rehab  starts in the low minors.   I think his situation was like Cole,  strain to the UCL that they chose to rest.   He was going to help this season but probably not.   Clayton Better is injured.   Low minors beasts LaGrange(rhp recently began rehab) and Lalane(lhp) have been out all season.  LaGrange recently started throwing in the FCL.   They could both rise quickly next season.

These Yankee-nerds do a great job of covering the Yankees farm system on youtube:

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When does the boone must go camp kick in?

After the All-Star game? Still can’t believe Judge’s hitting coach popping off. 

6 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

…..damn sunglasses!

1 minute ago, US Egg said:

After the All-Star game? Still can’t believe Judge’s hitting coach popping off. 

…..damn sunglasses!

Ya can't have that crap from a personal hitting coach. They should tell him to "get off my grass"

47 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

DFA that POS immediately 

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When does the boone must go camp kick in?

Yesterday.  I’ve been there awhile actually.  

They are coddled soft and thin skinned that’s on Boone.