2024 New York Yankees..........on to the World Series for 41st time

BADOLBILZ

9 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

The only hope is for the Mets to win. The Dodgers and Yankees are the two baseball teams I dislike the most.

I like the Mets, but as a Yankees fan, I'd rather see them play the Dodgers.  Mets have the better pitching...and if they get to the WS, they may be a team of destiny.

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Let's Go Yankees. Time to get #28. 

By a considerable margin the worst Yankees team to ever reach a WS.  

For long stretches looked like nobody beside Judge/Soto could hit a lick,  have been just awful against any kind of LHP all season,  were barely above .500 at home, had a shaky defense, worst base running team in MLB, most blow saves in team history,  manager who seemed to instinctively push the wrong buttons on a regular basis, ace who missed a bunch of the season and hasn't been extraordinary etc..  

But they got wise last offseason and loaded up on left handed hitting........a proven formula for postseason success........and then the feeble AL Central ended up being their AL playoff competition and now they face a wildly inconsistent Dodgers team that doesn't have much LHP.    

The myriad of players who played way below expectations in the long regular season(Holmes, Junkarlo, Volpe, Verdugo, Rizzo etc..) are thriving with the subsequently reduced expectations and now they get to be the underdog playing in the WS against the much higher spending Dodgers who have been upset over and over in the playoffs over the last decade(different than the Yankees who were generally just out-talented by better built Houston teams recently).

The stars have aligned as well as Hal/Cash/Buffoone could have ever hoped.  

• Like (+1) 3