2024 New York Yankees..........on to the World Series for 41st time

BADOLBILZ

Here is a good review of the Yankees choices in the MLB draft a few days ago.   Also some talk about some of the rising Yankees prospects from the lower minors and the Dominican Summer League.   

Their first round pick wasn't until #26 and they selected Alabama right hander Ben Hess........who looks like a young Lance Lynn and, come to find out,  models his game after Lance Lynn.

The Yankees basically selected mostly right handed college pitchers in the 20 round draft.    It's what they are best at developing and those players have been very useful in making trades.   I don't expect any of the pitchers to make their pro debut this summer,  they will go to the training facility in Tampa to have their games modified and get in the physical condition the Yankees want them to be.   Some of the few position players they selected might play in A ball at Tampa or Somerset in the coming weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is it possible the Tigers trade Skubal?  Personally I think that would be a mistake because guys like him don’t grow on trees.  The receiving team’s odds would go way up but they’d have to part with an absolute ton.  Realistically the Tigers building blocks are decent and underrated but get multiple high end prices back might get considered.  

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is it possible the Tigers trade Skubal?  Personally I think that would be a mistake because guys like him don’t grow on trees.  The receiving team’s odds would go way up but they’d have to part with an absolute ton.  Realistically the Tigers building blocks are decent and underrated but get multiple high end prices back might get considered.  

Skubal and Crochet salaries and RFA’s, I believe, make them even more appealing and no problem for cash strapped teams. 

Their will be plenty of suitors, Tigers and White Sox can name their price. That they don’t move would be a bigger surprise.

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Orioles need to make a move like this.  They have an embarrassment of prospect riches, almost too much.  They need to consolidate some of that talent into another top line impact arm.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Orioles need to make a move like this.  They have an embarrassment of prospect riches, almost too much.  They need to consolidate some of that talent into another top line impact arm.

Tiger scouts were in Norfolk over the weekend to look over Holliday, Mayo, Norby, Stowers.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Tiger scouts were in Norfolk over the weekend to look over Holliday, Mayo, Norby, Stowers.  

Pack up the car and head to Bowie because there is another one there who night be atop the wish list.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, US Egg said:

Skubal and Crochet salaries and RFA’s, I believe, make them even more appealing and no problem for cash strapped teams. 

Their will be plenty of suitors, Tigers and White Sox can name their price. That they don’t move would be a bigger surprise.

I see Crochet as someone the Sox should move because the are just so bad, but……he is dicey as a pickup because of his innings versus his history.  He has appeal beyond this year due to his contract status but if he runs out of gas this year he defeats part of the purpose of getting him.  If I’m Bal/NYY/LAD and I pick him up, I rest him for a while, build him back up in September an use him in the playoffs.

Skubal OTOH is a monster.  IMO he will cost way more.  I don’t think Detroit is as bad as most think.  I’m not sure I’d trade him.  They have pieces and could contend soon in that division.  They can get some additional pieces and likely will by trading Flaherty.  As much as Baltimore has to offer there isn’t really a lot of pitching there. To me, if Skubal goes it is not NYY or Bal.  Maybe the Dodgers.  The dark horses for me are the Padres who could package in Lesko or Snelling or the Phillies utilizing Painter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I think Basallo is untouchable at this point. 

I think Holliday is almost certainly untouchable and that under any circumstance not including “but we already have Rutchsman”, Basallo would be too.  Maybe he moves to first and Mountcastle is part of a deal in the off-season?   Mayo or Westburg has to be part of any Skubal deal.  Add in Bradfield.  I think Kjerstad or probably Cowser gets added to that and Povich rounds it out.  A top 5 MLB pitcher on a controllable contract won’t be cheap.

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think Holliday is almost certainly untouchable and that under any circumstance not including “but we already have Rutchsman”, Basallo would be too.  Maybe he moves to first and Mountcastle is part of a deal in the off-season?   Mayo or Westburg has to be part of any Skubal deal.  Add in Bradfield.  I think Kjerstad or probably Cowser gets added to that and Povich rounds it out.  A top 5 MLB pitcher on a controllable contract won’t be cheap.

No way Westburg gets traded!  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Probably not but far from impossible.  Read today that Mullins and/or Mountcastle could go.  Embarrassment of riches.

11 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

No way Westburg gets traded!  

Uh-oh? Mateo got hurt tonight. 

The Yanks really fell apart. Haven't been playing well for a long time now. When Judge and Soto are the only ones in the lineup that are carrying the offense then that is a problem.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Yanks really fell apart. Haven't been playing well for a long time now. When Judge and Soto are the only ones in the lineup that are carrying the offense then that is a problem.

That’s the team they chose to build. 

And pinning your hopes on a pitcher in his mid-30s to be your savior is never smart. 

Once Cole went down with a bad elbow, he was done. Yes - he can still pitch - but he will not be dominant this season, if ever again. 

Couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of #######, including their ####### fan base. 

I also think it’s cute when Boone says naughty words and thinks it’s going to help. 

They’re getting what they deserve after letting Girardi go and replacing him with this idiot - who had never coached/managed at any level of baseball in his life.

Idiots.

• Like (+1) 1