2024 New York Yankees...........clinch 32nd straight winning season

BADOLBILZ

On 10/3/2024 at 1:15 PM, Gregg said:

Back then these teams had a nice rivalry.

GeorgeBrettPineTar_original.gif

Both were great teams.  

I think the Yanks win in 4….losing the Ragans game.  The AL is a relatively easy path for them.  Nothing is ever a given but damn the NL has some tough teams.  Way better and more balanced than the AL.  I like the Tigers and Royals but they are both young squads.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Royals have added George Brett to their roster and the Yanks are deciding between Nettles and Chambliss.

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Back then these teams had a nice rivalry.

GeorgeBrettPineTar_original.gif

And not enough pine tar. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wow what a load from the home plate ump all night.  Series MVP for the Yanks so far.

Balls and strikes have been an adventure all season.  However, the calls have been equally puzzling for both sides.

19 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Balls and strikes have been an adventure all season.  However, the calls have been equally puzzling for both sides.

They gave the Yankees two runs and denied Witt a walk in the ninth.  It was the difference in the game.  

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They gave the Yankees two runs and denied Witt a walk in the ninth.  It was the difference in the game.  

The difference in the game was the Yankee relievers (outside of Hill).  It was a good back and forth game.   

39 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dirt bag Dodger fans throwing stuff at Padres players.

Now they all left because they are getting curb stomped.  If the World Series is Yanks/Dodgers I might actually root for the Yankees.

• Haha (+1) 1

Big game from Stanton last night. Finish it tonight. I don't want to see a game 5 in the Bronx. Let's Go Yankees.

P.S. What the F happened to Judge. Still hitless in these playoffs. He is no Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson. That is for damn sure.

The TBS announcers are essentially acting as the Cleveland broadcast team.  

I am really ****ing sick of their "how can the team playing the Yankees win" bias.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  

Every Cleveland pitcher is the greatest reliever in baseball.  Look, they’re absolutely good pitchers.  But there is NO talk about the Yankees in the same way.