Wacka health updates

Wacka

7 months post transplant. 

Kidney still fine . Scabs on incision but don't need to wear  a dressing on it anymore.  Burises from accident almost gone and  no pain even while laying down for bed. Haven't used any tylenol for several days.

Got a 2021 Nissan Altima  to replace the 2009 Ford Focus  I totaled. Picked it up on Wednesday 9/10. The Ford  was starting to rust out and I was planning to run it into the ground  anyways. Got from the insurance  about what I paid for it back in 2017.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...

Today is  8 months post transplant (⅔ year)! Checkups every 2 weeks now.   Only takes about 20 minutes . Coupe of vials of blood, urine sample and vitals.  Most of scab off incision. Just putting a gauze pad on occcasionly because it is where the underwear and belt line is and the edges get irritated by my clothes. No more draining from it.  All vitals are still OK.  They tweaked my meds a bit. Took me off of  sodium bicarbonate. Lowered my anti-rejection med a slight bit, lowered my Mg (OTC) a bit. Was getting some swelling in one leg and they gave me a doppler ultrasound-no clots. Said it may have been from the Prednisone I was taking.  So they halved it and doubled my diuretic dosage.Swelling went down.  Am back to seeing my Cardiologist, Nephrologist, Primary, and Dentist semi-annually.

Next on the list will be getting my cataracts taken care of.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Today is  8 months post transplant (⅔ year)! Checkups every 2 weeks now.   Only takes about 20 minutes . Coupe of vials of blood, urine sample and vitals.  Most of scab off incision. Just putting a gauze pad on occcasionly because it is where the underwear and belt line is and the edges get irritated by my clothes. No more draining from it.  All vitals are still OK.  They tweaked my meds a bit. Took me off of  sodium bicarbonate. Lowered my anti-rejection med a slight bit, lowered my Mg (OTC) a bit. Was getting some swelling in one leg and they gave me a doppler ultrasound-no clots. Said it may have been from the Prednisone I was taking.  So they halved it and doubled my diuretic dosage.Swelling went down.  Am back to seeing my Cardiologist, Nephrologist, Primary, and Dentist semi-annually.

Next on the list will be getting my cataracts taken care of.

There is a device you can get which helps push fluid out of legs - should be covered by your insurance.  My insurance covered once they understood what it was for.