All Things FETTERMAN

• 3 weeks later...

Me Too.

Mea culpa, Fetterman: I was wrong about the senator and his illness

By Glenn H. Reynolds

It’s time for me to do something that pundits seldom do: flat-out admit I was wrong. 

This is a rarity in the commentating world. But boy, was I.

Here goes: I was wrong about Sen. John Fetterman. 

Writing in The Post on Valentine’s Day 2023, I opined that Pennsylvania’s new US senator lacked the mental and physical abilities needed to serve.

According to reports, he couldn’t understand voices, had trouble walking and generally wasn’t up to the job.

The mainstream press rallied to protect him (there was a D next to his name, after all), but even a New York Times puff piece admitted that to Fetterman, voices sounded like the adults in the “Peanuts” cartoons — indecipherable noise — and that his health problems had left him with “physical impairment and serious mental health challenges.”

From all this, I concluded that Fetterman was just going to be a party tool — shepherded around by his staff, told how to vote by handlers, an institutionally pliable vote for the Democratic Party and the leftist activists who control it. 

Basically, a Senate voting machine programmed by the apparatchiks.   Again: Boy, was I wrong.

Fetterman’s health has improved more and faster than expected, and in what may not be a coincidence, the more his brain damage recedes, the less he agrees with lefty activists and the Democratic Party’s functionaries.

Speaking at Yeshiva University’s commencement, Fetterman dramatically stripped off his Harvard hood and announced he was “profoundly disappointed” at his alma mater’s refusal to address the antisemitism rampant on its campus, a discontent he extended to the entire antisemitism-enabling Ivy League.

Quoth Fetterman: “As an alum of Harvard — look, I graduated 25 years ago, and of course, it was always a little pinko. But now, I don’t recognize it.”

“The Jewish community everywhere deserves our support,” he added. “And I promise you will always have mine.”

https://nypost.com/2024/06/03/opinion/the-more-fetterman-recovers-the-less-hes-with-the-left/

Things that get screwy  after a stroke can get better. I had a stroke back in July 2014. Had trouble waking but walking  just one house further from home each time it was nice from March to July  2015  got me up to 1.25 miles before I had to take a rest. Was watching  a baseball game and the Word Cup while in rehab and they a looked like  they were standing in a line, although I knew they were  baseball and soccer games. The things in the room looked normal. That lasted only a few days. Only residual effects are   a very, very slight  weakness on my left side when lifting heavy stuff, needing to make a list while shopping for >3 items and geting dizzy after looking up for a while which goes away immediately after looking forward and closing my eyes for a few seconds. I am  very glad he recovered and the  stroke has brought back his common sense.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DEMOCRAT CIVIL WAR WATCH: 

Fetterman Warns Kamala About Picking Josh Shapiro.

c9efd154-9535-44ea-a12e-567d25324a59-105

In a rather stunning development in the Kamala Harris veepstakes, Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) is reportedly concerned about Harris selecting his state's governor, Josh Shapiro, as her running mate. According to Politico, three individuals familiar with the discussions have revealed that Fetterman's advisers have privately communicated these concerns to Harris' team.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/08/04/democrat-civil-war-watch-fetterman-warns-kamala-about-picking-shapiro-n4931331

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DEMOCRAT CIVIL WAR WATCH: 

Fetterman Warns Kamala About Picking Josh Shapiro.

c9efd154-9535-44ea-a12e-567d25324a59-105

In a rather stunning development in the Kamala Harris veepstakes, Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) is reportedly concerned about Harris selecting his state's governor, Josh Shapiro, as her running mate. According to Politico, three individuals familiar with the discussions have revealed that Fetterman's advisers have privately communicated these concerns to Harris' team.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/08/04/democrat-civil-war-watch-fetterman-warns-kamala-about-picking-shapiro-n4931331

But why?

• 2 weeks later...

Fetterman skipping the DNC. If he leaves and becomes an Independent, how long before the kind folks on the Left start attacking him for his cognitive disabilities?

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...