Taylor Swift

Weird thread…

Her music is extremely bland BUT that’s ok because it’s not for me! She’s got tons of fans and is literally one of the only good role models in pop music. Seeing people call her a skank and talentless is mind blowing.

Shes annoying at the games but that’s on the NFL for trying to showing her as much as possible. She was INCREDIBLY nice to the staff at Highmark in January, they gave their suite server a 4-figure tip! 

Either party using musicians as props feel so weird and gross (Taylor, Kid Rock, John Legend, Ted Nugent, etc).

Much prefer the acts that call allllllll the bull#### like Rage Against The Machine, Chappel Roan, Idles, etc 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

Shes annoying at the games but that’s on the NFL for trying to showing her as much as possible. She was INCREDIBLY nice to the staff at Highmark in January, they gave their suite server a 4-figure tip! 

Interesting.

Among the minor things that always makes me like a celebrity more or less: finding out how they treat the people who help make things happen.

41 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Lots of jealousy in this thread.  The right has no equivalent for her.  Not even in the same stratosphere.  Beautiful, talented, not insane.  

Wahhh, I don't like her voice.  Shut up Boomers.  You are old, uncool, and not even expected to understand pop culture.   

Damn she's hot.  I got a thing for that strawberry blonde hair.

She is talented. Not super talented, but talented as a songwriter and definitely as a performer. (Not so much as a singer)

One thing people neglect about her popularity (and again, I know this through my daughter and her friends who grew up with Taylor). She was really popular with the little 10 year olds. Then they kind of moved on. What brought her back? Yeah, partly a nostalgia thing (even 20 year olds seem to have nostalgia now), but partly because they all know that she successfully completed a major power move by screwing over her old managers by re-recording all her old albums. And the streams of "Taylor's Versions" far exceed that of the old versions. So there's kind of a feminist empowerment thing there too that counterbalances the whole "my boyfriend treated me bad" side.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Taylor is Brat.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lol, the farm has a thing for mids that can't sing or dance, that's marketed to kids.

On in reality, they support whatever the MSM/Elite entertainers tell them to support. ALWAYS. every time.

You have nothing but grumpy complaining.  Your entire post history screams sad, old man.  I'd pity you were you not also a d rate troll.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You have nothing but grumpy complaining.  Your entire post history screams sad, old man.  I'd pity you were you not also a d rate troll.

I know.  You love toast and whatever the msm says.  

You also love/have a record of being wrong when you don't stick to parroting msm.

And again.  The iron law of lefty projection...

Come on John.  If you try you can come up with something original that's not pure projection 

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

I know.  You love toast and whatever the msm says.  

You also love/have a record of being wrong when you don't stick to parroting msm.

And again.  The iron law of lefty projection...

Come on John.  If you try you can come up with something original that's not pure projection 

Sad.  Old.  Stale. Repetitive.   You hit all your markers except misinformation from X.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Sad.  Old.  Stale. Repetitive.   You hit all your markers except misinformation from X.  

Like I said.  The iron law.  

Sorry about your limitations.

You really take any talk of swift, very personal.   That's weird. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Like I said.  The iron law.  

Sorry about your limitations.

You really take any talk of swift, very personal.   That's weird. 

"I know you are but what am i?"

If there's a more banal human being on the planet....

• Disagree 1

It's either pathological/script /Syntex.  

Your really this buthurt cause I called her a mid?  

The funny part is your a senior trying to act like your one of the kids.  But then again this thread shows a bunch of you doing just that.  

Edited by Tommy Callahan

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It's either pathological/script /Syntex.  

Your really this buthurt cause I called her a mid?  

The funny part is your a senior trying to act like your one of the kids.  But then again this thread shows a bunch of you doing just that.  

You are a boomer that constantly comments on pop culture, which you know nothing about.  You just insulted exactly what you yourself are doing.  Not surprising coming from the boards biggest hypocrite. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Cool. Post some music. Some insight into your creative mind…here’s some of mine:  vocal jazz especially female- Ella, Diana Krull,Norah,  even 40s stuff. Fav album in last 10 years is probably raising sands by Alison Kraus and Robert Plant. Getting more into Bluegrass Billy Strings especially. Pop I tend towards lyricists like Annie Lennox. Peter Gabriel, Simon and Garfunkel 

What are you?  Hundred years old?  All of these clowns are geriatric washed-up, tone deaf, hacks.  Unbelievable.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

What are you?  Hundred years old?  All of these clows are geriatric washed-up, tone deaf, hacks.  Unbelievable.  

64, there's no shame in aging.  I like what I like.  I'm open to all types of music and frequently go to live events.  Going to a 3 day festival starting tomorrow.  Almost 100 bands.  Probably pick up a few more favs.  So what are you listening to?

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

64, there's no shame in aging.  I like what I like.  I'm open to all types of music and frequently go to live events.  Going to a 3 day festival starting tomorrow.  Almost 100 bands.  Probably pick up a few more favs.  So what are you listening to?

I'm picturing Joe at Bonnaroo and loving it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Today singers do nothing political in song. Swifty is so self absorbed in her relationships, as are all the modern writers. No leaders like the 60s, no Dylan, no Lennon, no Barry McGuire...

Whoa buddy.  Rage Against the Machine says hello!

But overall for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Whoa buddy.  Rage Against the Machine says hello!

But overall for sure.

Rage against the machine turned morphed into " we love the machine".  It's kinda sad 

Btw.  I saw them in 99 when they were still relevant. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Sort of but more country. Expecting to love it

https://birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/festival-bristol-rhythm/lineup/#/

Not my style, have fun!

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Rage against the machine turned morphed into " we love the machine".  It's kinda sad 

Lol.  Sure old timer.  You're a real anti establishment rebel. 

Reality is you have more in common with a flat earther.  

• Like (+1) 1