NY Mets 2024 Season

Another Fan

50 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

@ExWNYer @Another Fan @Gugny

Todays win was reminiscent of the '86 series against the Astros. Two chances to win one game but with Mike Scott/Zack Wheeler on tap for the 2nd chance it felt like a must win.

I was uncharacteristically calm when the Mets blew chance after chance early in the game and then went down 1-0. Hats off to Suarez, what a great/gutty performance. And my uncharacteristic calm quickly turned to characteristic dread when Diaz couldn't find the strike zone. Watched the game with my just- turned-88 mom. Good times.

I was calm as well.  But for me I think it’s because the team exceeded my expectations for the year so much to really get down on them if they lost.  Although that would have been annoying to lose to the Phillies though.  Haha

Besides Grimace this was another one of those turning point moments I think this year.  When the team adopted the OMG slogan.  It seemed it was and is a great bonding  point.  And yeah seeing Mr and Mrs Met get down to the song is hilarious as well.  Great stuff

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I was calm as well.  But for me I think it’s because the team exceeded my expectations for the year so much to really get down on them if they lost.  Although that would have been annoying to lose to the Phillies though.  Haha

Besides Grimace this was another one of those turning point moments I think this year.  When the team adopted the OMG slogan.  It seemed it was and is a great bonding  point.  And yeah seeing Mr and Mrs Met get down to the song is hilarious as well.  Great stuff

I hear ya, no doubt they've exceeded my expectations as well and that plays a big part. Beyond that, this team's resilience has been remarkable and that played a part too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/12/2024 at 2:24 PM, SinceThe70s said:

According to espn we were either going to face the Dodgers or the Fathers:

fathers.png

Looks like the Dodgers were the ones to administer last rites...

• Thank you (+1) 1

@ExWNYer @SinceThe70s @Gugny

Disappointed about last night but obviously can't be too down on the team.  Great year and great run.  Shed some demons along the way I feel: winning the big game late in Atlanta, beating the Phillies made up a bit for 2007 & 2008.

While the Stearns hire didn't excite me last year and I didn't like the Mendoza one additionally.....   they both did a great job last year.  I have a lot of optimism for the both of them moving forward.  

I won't watch the Series but will still pull for the Dodgers.  

13 hours ago, Another Fan said:

@ExWNYer @SinceThe70s @Gugny

Disappointed about last night but obviously can't be too down on the team.  Great year and great run.  Shed some demons along the way I feel: winning the big game late in Atlanta, beating the Phillies made up a bit for 2007 & 2008.

While the Stearns hire didn't excite me last year and I didn't like the Mendoza one additionally.....   they both did a great job last year.  I have a lot of optimism for the both of them moving forward.  

I won't watch the Series but will still pull for the Dodgers.  

Great year and great run for sure. Completely unexpected going into the season and even moreso after the horrible start. Still, I can't shake the feeling that it was a missed opportunity. But then I look at the run diferential against the Dodgers (46-26) and realize they were fortunate to make it as far as they did.  

• Agree 1