So my girlfriend dumped me....

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.  Pay someone else to help you talk to each other.  Man, am I in the wrong business. :blink:

357226[/snapback]

Um, if you were a simpleton you might look at it that way. If you weren't a simpleton, you'd realize that when you have that inevitable argument, the counselor can help give you the tools to work things through without yelling at each other (or walking out, or whatever your coping mechanism is).

Um, if you were a simpleton you might look at it that way. If you weren't a simpleton, you'd realize that when you have that inevitable argument, the counselor can help give you the tools to work things through without yelling at each other (or walking out, or whatever your coping mechanism is).

357725[/snapback]

Or, your parents could have raised you correctly. :blink:

Actually, my parents did raise me "correctly."

They're still married. I graduated from college. I have a good job. Blah, blah, blah.

My previous statement still stands. I probably would have made fun of counseling too, until I discovered how useful it was. Don't knock it until you've tried it kind of thing.

That's the kind of response I'd expect from someone who has 18,000 posts on a message board.

357740[/snapback]

Yep, you're a better man than me because you've managed not to post on this message board as much. I bow to your greatness. Now head off to counseling and have your shrink teach you to cope with high message board total poster guy.

34 years old, not married, and already planning on relationship counseling. You da man.

Can't remember if this is the whipped thread or if the Moving in with the g-friend is now the whipped thread. Anyway here's an interesting and humorous read. A few years old, so not sure if it's been linked here before. (Rated aRRRight for strong language)

http://www.kimdutoit.com/ee/index.php/webl...e_western_male/

357632[/snapback]

*Sniff* That was beautiful man...

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY ALASKA DARIN:

"Yep, you're a better man than me because you've managed not to post on this message board as much. I bow to your greatness. Now head off to counseling and have your shrink teach you to cope with high message board total poster guy.

34 years old, not married, and already planning on relationship counseling. You da man."

Hey, I never questioned your manhood. You brought that into this yourself (which in some Freudian way, must mean you question your own. I'd see a shrink for that though).

All I was trying to do was raise the level of discourse from "BANG ALL HER FRIENDS!!!" to something more helpful. Maybe I should have jumped on the bandwagon instead.

Actually, I don't go to the pre-marriage counseling session until Wednesday. You're welcome to come along.

That's the kind of response I'd expect from someone who has 18,000 posts on a message board.

357740[/snapback]

Wow, let me get this straight. You read his post and posted right away about your parents blah blah blah and hit the 'Add Reply' button. Then you sat there and read his post and got even madder. Thinking about how ole' AD dishonored your parents sent you off the charts where even your prozac couldn't go and caused you to type out another reply to his same post attempting to insult him by insinuating that his message board output indicates a lack of intelligence. I bet you're sitting there and you're still mad! Better call the shrink and tell him it's a crisis situation! Double the dosage! Get your wife to hold you!

:blink:

Wow, let me get this straight. You read his post and posted right away about your parents blah blah blah and hit the 'Add Reply' button. Then you sat there and read his post and got even madder. Thinking about how ole' AD dishonored your parents sent you off the charts where even your prozac couldn't go and caused you to type out another reply to his same post attempting to insult him by insinuating that his message board output indicates a lack of intelligence. I bet you're sitting there and you're still mad! Better call the shrink and tell him it's a crisis situation! Double the dosage! Get your wife to hold you!

357761[/snapback]

And we wonder why pharmaceuticals actually have commercials to push behavior changing drugs. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Exhibit A, some unmarried guy in Atlanta who parks cars at 34.

357761[/snapback]

What? Geez, I understand why people hate posting on the internet. Let me try to take this one by one:

a) I have never been mad during any of this. He brought up the parents. I merely said that there were no "huge" issues in my life. No divorce. No big upheaval of abuse. That was my only point. If he wants to talk bad about my parents, that's his perogative.

b) I am presently taking ZERO medication. I have never been on ProZac, or any other psychotropic drug. I don't have bi-polar nor am I manic-depressive.

c) I am guessing at the end of your post you're trying to be funny. That's about all I can make of it.

And we wonder why pharmaceuticals actually have commercials to push behavior changing drugs.  Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Exhibit A, some guy in Atlanta who parks cars at 34.

357765[/snapback]

Actually, I used to live in Atlanta when I was 29 and attending post-undergraduate school. Right now, I'm 34 and live in LA. I give you props for deciphering my oh-so-cryptic username.

Let me see...you live in Alaska and your name is Darin? :blink:

Actually, I used to live in Atlanta when I was 29 and attending post-undergraduate school. Right now, I'm 34 and live in LA. I give you props for diciphering my oh-so-cryptic username.

Let me see...you live in Alaska and your name is Darin? :blink:

357772[/snapback]

Well that actually explains alot more about you.