NFLE World Bowl on now on FOX

Not to spoil anything for anyone, but the game is actually at halftime, since there is a delay...

BUT...Mike Gomez not only becomes a factor, but snags a TD in the 2nd QTR, according to NFL.com.  So I'll be looking for it!

355967[/snapback]

Do you hang outside theaters telling people how the movie ends? :flirt:

PTR

Anakin becomes Darth Vader in the new Star Wars movie...

Nice catch by Gomez though.

355977[/snapback]

Yes it was. Berlin is getting stomped so far 17-0. Their problem is a lack of Bills players on their roster, in my opinion. :flirt:

PTR

Yes it was.  Berlin is getting stomped so far 17-0.  Their problem is a lack of Bills players on their roster, in my opinion.  :flirt:

PTR

355978[/snapback]

lack of bills is a problem, but they could also use a little more cowbell

Close but no cigar...Amsterdam wins. 27-21. Dave Ragone (Texans QB) had a terrific 2nd half for Berlin. Could have won it two plays earlier if his WR made that catch. A satisfying football fix anyway.

PTR

Good game, but I can't help but wonder if the world league was played in the US, would it be more popular? Most Americans don't seem to take a liking in sports going on overseas, because no team is concidered a home team, but I think if these teams were like farm AAA NFL teams playing in the US, the fan base would be alot higher.

Good game, but I can't help but wonder if the world league was played in the US, would it be more popular? Most Americans don't seem to take a liking in sports going on overseas, because no team is concidered a home team, but I think if these teams were like farm AAA NFL teams playing in the US, the fan base would be alot higher.

356308[/snapback]

I have to say, I am a closet NFLE fan! I don't think it is as bad a football product as many make it out to be. Today's championship game was really a very good game. If Dave Raggone ever becomes available (and the Texans have about 15 QB's on their roster), I think he might be a better than average QB prospect. He is a good decision maker....

As far as playing NFLE in America, this has been tried many times, and was a bomb. In the last 10-15 years, the NFL subsidised CFL teams in a bunch of American cities, and not enough people seemed to care. I can't recall all of the teams, but I believe that San Antonio, Shreveport and Sacremento were amongst them.

Now, I will not come out of the closest as an Arena Football fan too. Sure, I wish it was played outdoors, but the numbers are just not there to support it. In some ways, the AFL serves as a better "minor leauge" for the NFL than NFLE does. Many cite the reason being that, with the shrunken field , and the speed of the game, players learning and development is accelerated. The problem with it is, the NFL would never allocate players to the leauge, because the injury risk (and resulting salary liability) would be detrimental to NFL teams' salary caps. The NFL will, however, cherry-pick arena team rosters for talent. I have no hard numbers, but I would be willing to bet that there are more guys on NFL rosters (not practice squad rosters) that have Arena league experience, as opposed to NFLE experience.

It's weird but I read somewhere that we have signed on as a long snapper and not really as a TE. But that catch in the end zone makes you think he's got better hands than we're led to believe. He doesn't look very big or fast so I dunno if he could transition into an NFL-capable receiver.

Not sure how many passes were thrown his way (yes, I saw the whole game too) but he only dropped 1. It should've been caught, IMO.