Dems Claiming to Save Democracy

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Who was overseeing the US policy to Ukraine at that time? Your argument is like arguing Elon is only applying X policy when he does something. 

Well, Obama was President so I would say Obama. 

As I'd asked earlier, and you dodged, if removing Shokin wasn't US policy, wouldn't Obama and multiple people in the departments of State and Justice know about it and say something?

5 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

The problem for him is that he has already walked back most of his original statements but at this point if he admits this mistake he has to admit to himself he was stupid until the last 72 hours 

I didn't walk back anything you idiot.

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well, Obama was President so I would say Obama. 

As I'd asked earlier, and you dodged, if removing Shokin wasn't US policy, wouldn't Obama and multiple people in the departments of State and Justice know about it and say something?

Inside Joe Biden’s brawling efforts to reform
Ukraine — which won him successes and
enemies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-joe-bidens-brawling-efforts-to-reform-ukraine--which-won-him-successes-and-enemies/2019/10/19/34178618-f1cf-11e9-b648-76bcf86eb67e_story.html

Washington Post basically calls Biden the Obama WH Ukraine czar. So it is like the US border, Kamala is in charge and failed miserably but applying the US policy that she spearheaded.

11 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Inside Joe Biden’s brawling efforts to reform
Ukraine — which won him successes and
enemies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-joe-bidens-brawling-efforts-to-reform-ukraine--which-won-him-successes-and-enemies/2019/10/19/34178618-f1cf-11e9-b648-76bcf86eb67e_story.html

Washington Post basically calls Biden the Obama WH Ukraine czar. So it is like the US border, Kamala is in charge and failed miserably but applying the US policy that she spearheaded.

Thanks for the link.  It makes my point.

Both sides were frustrated, he said, but Biden “wasn’t moving on . . . he pressed each and every time for these reforms to be implemented. And that created friction in the relationship.” 

In the fall of 2015, U.S. officials begin targeting Shokin specifically. Victoria Nuland, the assistant secretary of state, said during congressional testimony in October 2015 that the prosecutor general’s office needed to clean up corruption including the “dirty personnel” in its own office. 

“He became a single point of failure,” Kahl, Biden’s national security adviser, said of Shokin. “We could keep pushing corruption cases, but unless there was a fundamental change at the top, things weren’t going to change.”

Among the matters that had lain largely dormant under Shokin, according to U.S. officials and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, was the earlier investigation into the former minister who owned Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company on whose board Hunter Biden served. 

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

That is the way it works in the country.  To convict somebody of a crime you have to have EVIDENCE.

Does it work differently in Ukraine?  Why wasn't he charged with corruption, much less convicted?  Just getting fired is enough?  That's some real tough policy.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Does it work differently in Ukraine?  Why wasn't he charged with corruption, much less convicted?  Just getting fired is enough?  That's some real tough policy.

I'm not an expert in Ukraine legal matters.  I'm sure you aren't either.

Just now, Scraps said:

I'm not an expert in Ukraine legal matters.  I'm sure you aren't either.

Again, it was a rhetorical question.  Corruption is a serious offense in almost every country, especially one trying to shake their corrupt history and join NATO.  That he wasn't even charged tells me all I need to know.

• Agree 1

Just now, Doc said:

Again, it was a rhetorical question.  Corruption is a serious offense in almost every country, especially one trying to shake their corrupt history and join NATO.  That he wasn't even charged tells me all I need to know.

What did it tell you?

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Thanks for the link.  It makes my point.

Both sides were frustrated, he said, but Biden “wasn’t moving on . . . he pressed each and every time for these reforms to be implemented. And that created friction in the relationship.” 

In the fall of 2015, U.S. officials begin targeting Shokin specifically. Victoria Nuland, the assistant secretary of state, said during congressional testimony in October 2015 that the prosecutor general’s office needed to clean up corruption including the “dirty personnel” in its own office. 

“He became a single point of failure,” Kahl, Biden’s national security adviser, said of Shokin. “We could keep pushing corruption cases, but unless there was a fundamental change at the top, things weren’t going to change.”

Among the matters that had lain largely dormant under Shokin, according to U.S. officials and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, was the earlier investigation into the former minister who owned Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company on whose board Hunter Biden served. 

Your point is what exactly? It says Biden decided all of American policy in regards to Ukraine and he is the one pressuring to fire the guy investigating his son. 

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

Your point is what exactly? It says Biden decided all of American policy in regards to Ukraine and he is the one pressuring to fire the guy investigating his son. 

It was the policy of the Obama administration.

• Haha (+1) 1