Dems Claiming to Save Democracy

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s amazing how you would cherry pick the one thing that Arnold Schwarzenegger agrees with, and ignore everything that makes Trump menace to this country that Arnold Schwarzenegger tells you every time he get a chance

As an independent that reliably and reflexively defends democrats, do you have any thoughts on The Terminator’s thoughts about democrats ruining America’s cities? Or are you just upset at the minor attention given to his comment?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 5:19 AM, John from Riverside said:

It’s amazing how you would cherry pick the one thing that Arnold Schwarzenegger agrees with, and ignore everything that makes Trump menace to this country that Arnold Schwarzenegger tells you every time he get a chance

I'm not at all excited by the prospects of  Trump 2.0 but I can't imagine any scenario where another 4 years of Trump could be more damaging than another 4 years of Biden.

I'm baffled exactly what Joe's done that is worthy of support.  This adminitration has excelled at destroying our society and culture.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm not at all excited by the prospects of  Trump 2.0 but I can't imagine any scenario where another 4 years of Trump could be more damaging than another 4 years of Biden.

I'm baffled exactly what Joe's done that is worthy of support.  This adminitration has excelled at destroying our society and culture.  

Four more years of Biden and we are done with the country as we once knew it.

Trump wins and you will see widespread violence from the left that will make the summer of 2020 riots look like child's play, and that's before they take Trump out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

In the last few years the warnings about who's a "threat to democracy" have ramped up, even though that's not really a thing because the U.S. is a republic. It makes more sense when you realize that the Left and media's definition of "threat to democracy" translates to "threat to Democrat power."

"Threat to democracy" has even become its own polling category, especially since the Democrats' new favorite national holiday: January 6th. But maybe that will eventually stop receiving so much focus if it backfires on the lib media enough. 

A recent poll of independent voters in the "threat to democracy" category was discussed on MSNBC and they were beside themselves with shock and dismay:

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/05/09/this-is-hysterical-msnbc-panel-shocked-by-biden-vs-trump-threat-to-democracy-polling-n2396074

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, B-Man said:

In the last few years the warnings about who's a "threat to democracy" have ramped up, even though that's not really a thing because the U.S. is a republic. It makes more sense when you realize that the Left and media's definition of "threat to democracy" translates to "threat to Democrat power."

"Threat to democracy" has even become its own polling category, especially since the Democrats' new favorite national holiday: January 6th. But maybe that will eventually stop receiving so much focus if it backfires on the lib media enough. 

A recent poll of independent voters in the "threat to democracy" category was discussed on MSNBC and they were beside themselves with shock and dismay:

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/05/09/this-is-hysterical-msnbc-panel-shocked-by-biden-vs-trump-threat-to-democracy-polling-n2396074

Fake electors with intent to replace them for the real electors was not a threat to democracy?

How so? They were literally trying to steal an election?

• 4 weeks later...

AP24158466120809-e1717679204486.jpg?w=64

Can democracy survive the ‘defenders of democracy’? 

BY JONATHAN TURLEY

In 2024, the greatest test for our Constitution may be whether it can survive the “Defenders of Democracy.”

Ronald Reagan often said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” Today, Reagan’s line cannot compare with the line that sends many of us into a fetal position: “I’m a Democrat and I am here to save democracy.” 

The jump scare claim is that unless citizens vote for us, the end of democracy will begin shortly. In 2022, House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told “Fox News Sunday” that “democracy will be ending” if Democrats lost the midterms.

The rhetoric has continued to ramp up with the upcoming election.

From President Joe Biden to a host of progressive politicians and pundits, the 2024 election is all about saving democracy. The public has been told that if the Democrats lose power, citizens will be living in a tyrannical hellscape. Vice President Kamala Harris stated in one interview that 2024 “genuinely could be” the last democratic election in America’s history. Dozens of Democrats have said that democracy will end if Biden is not reelected.

The Washington Post even ran an op-ed titled, “A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable. We should stop pretending.”

Many Americans have tuned out the overheated rhetoric, as shown by Donald Trump’s continuing lead in many polls even after his conviction in Manhattan. The warnings also ignore that our system has checks and balances that protected democracy for centuries as the world’s oldest and most successful constitutional system. These dire predictions would require all three branches to fail in an unprecedented fashion.

While these figures cite the Capitol riot on Jan 6., 2021 as evidence of the pending collapse of democracy, the system worked as designed on that day. Congress refused to be deterred by the riot and virtually every court (including many presided over by Trump-appointed judges) rejected challenges to the election.

The most obvious threats today to the democratic system are coming from the left, not the right. 

Democratic secretaries of state sought to block Trump from the ballot in 2024, and Democratic members sought to bar roughly 120 colleagues from their respective ballots. It seemed that the greatest threat to democracy was its exercise by voters. Fortunately, a unanimous Supreme Court rejected the theory and added, “Nothing in the Constitution requires that we endure such chaos.” 

There has also been a push by Democrats to keep third-party candidates off ballots. Again, the last thing democracy needs is for voters to have more democratic choice.

More at the link:  https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4711193-can-democracy-survive-the-defenders-of-democracy/

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AP24158466120809-e1717679204486.jpg?w=64

Can democracy survive the ‘defenders of democracy’? 

BY JONATHAN TURLEY

In 2024, the greatest test for our Constitution may be whether it can survive the “Defenders of Democracy.”

Ronald Reagan often said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” Today, Reagan’s line cannot compare with the line that sends many of us into a fetal position: “I’m a Democrat and I am here to save democracy.” 

The jump scare claim is that unless citizens vote for us, the end of democracy will begin shortly. In 2022, House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told “Fox News Sunday” that “democracy will be ending” if Democrats lost the midterms.

The rhetoric has continued to ramp up with the upcoming election.

From President Joe Biden to a host of progressive politicians and pundits, the 2024 election is all about saving democracy. The public has been told that if the Democrats lose power, citizens will be living in a tyrannical hellscape. Vice President Kamala Harris stated in one interview that 2024 “genuinely could be” the last democratic election in America’s history. Dozens of Democrats have said that democracy will end if Biden is not reelected.

The Washington Post even ran an op-ed titled, “A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable. We should stop pretending.”

Many Americans have tuned out the overheated rhetoric, as shown by Donald Trump’s continuing lead in many polls even after his conviction in Manhattan. The warnings also ignore that our system has checks and balances that protected democracy for centuries as the world’s oldest and most successful constitutional system. These dire predictions would require all three branches to fail in an unprecedented fashion.

While these figures cite the Capitol riot on Jan 6., 2021 as evidence of the pending collapse of democracy, the system worked as designed on that day. Congress refused to be deterred by the riot and virtually every court (including many presided over by Trump-appointed judges) rejected challenges to the election.

The most obvious threats today to the democratic system are coming from the left, not the right. 

Democratic secretaries of state sought to block Trump from the ballot in 2024, and Democratic members sought to bar roughly 120 colleagues from their respective ballots. It seemed that the greatest threat to democracy was its exercise by voters. Fortunately, a unanimous Supreme Court rejected the theory and added, “Nothing in the Constitution requires that we endure such chaos.” 

There has also been a push by Democrats to keep third-party candidates off ballots. Again, the last thing democracy needs is for voters to have more democratic choice.

More at the link:  https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4711193-can-democracy-survive-the-defenders-of-democracy/

That's why it's laughable when they make that claim.  They're hoping the low-information voters will believe it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 8:17 AM, BillStime said:

Low IQ

image.thumb.jpeg.eeacb315ba0e327c317b7566852da21f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3f47a9eef461f73a95c3f39097e152d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.67f6c81131992f4c1215a1101129f076.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.83e723c4a9bdf4ef836741406661d341.jpeg

The thing of it is is that seconD picture was for the broad saying you can grab me anytime was more than likely the broad that just sued Trump 20 some years ago but because he didn’t come back for seconds she got pissed and took him to court. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

The thing of it is is that seconD picture was for the broad saying you can grab me anytime was more than likely the broad that just sued Trump 20 some years ago but because he didn’t come back for seconds she got pissed and took him to court. 

@T master please don’t repost @BillStime’s crap pictures when responding to him. 

As a courtesy to the rest of us. 

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Hell yeah! This is their decision, they shall see the consequences. Maybe they should have thought of that before making the president a king

Donald Trump has absolute immunity in whatever he does with the DOJ. ANYTHING!

The majority of the people of this country will surrender to these animals?

No! Never!