Ross Verba Quote

Amstel

Left tackle Ross Verba walked into the Browns' facility on Thursday morning, returned a bonus check for $465,000, said goodbye to his teammates and was promptly released. "I'm interested mostly in the teams that need tackles," he said. "I'd like to play for San Diego, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, Kansas City, San Francisco, someone like that."

-- Cleveland Plain Dealer

Wonder why he mentioned San Fran. I would assume with what they're paying Jonas the LT spot is well locked up....unless he figures since the 9ers gave Jopnas a blank check, they'd be willing to drop some coin on him [Verba]. I also believe that San Diego is pretty well set with their OL, however I'm not positive.

Coaches have " wanted him to play " and have been burned. Sorry Ross but coaches have actual film on your slack effort.

356147[/snapback]

Just looking at your avatar. I came across a pic of a Falcons fan with a bannana in the same pose!

I think you should sue for style infringement.

To those who get to see him play.....Is he rated better or worse than Mike Williams?

We seem to be up in arms about paying Verba 7 mil. (and that DOES seem high) but at the same time, MW is EATING 9.17 million in cap space.

If I were MW, I would be a tad uneasy right now.

I must admit, there is something cool about Verba naming Buffalo as a possible team to play on.

The only way Verba is worth that much money is if he starts crapping golden eggs.

356495[/snapback]

I would tell Ross what my Grandma always tells me:

Put what you want in one hand and chit in the other and see which one gets filled the quickest. :doh: