Alot of people should go see Cinderella Man

Dante

Went to go see this movie last night and it was wonderful. Acting, story, direction and even cinematography were top notch.

But besides the this, I think it would be a good idea for alot of our spoiled brat kids(and adults myself included) to see how bad things can be. Hell my wife has to cook two meals sometimes because my kid doesnt like what supper is that night. He'll make twisted faces like he was being tortured or something. Then I think of the kids in that movie only having a piece of fried balogna to eat for dinner.

My mother(who grew up in the depression) told me a story the other day in which as a small kid she used to stand near the train tracks near her home waiting for the coal cars to come by to snag some of the pieces that might drop off. Friggen pathetic. Anyway, not trying to be too preachy or self rightous but we really are spoiled.

Also another reason to see this is to see what real human charachter is about. Braddock was a mans man as far as im concerned. Guy actually paid back the welfare money he recieved after he became succesful again.

Wow, now I must really see this. I just hope you're not a big boxing nut just pitching this for personal gratification.

BTW, this film has Oscar written all over it, according to some theater critics. Ron Howard is an immensely underrated director, IMO!

Wow, now I must really see this.  I just hope you're not a big boxing nut just pitching this for personal gratification. 

BTW, this film has Oscar written all over it, according to some theater critics.  Ron Howard is an immensely underrated director, IMO!

356142[/snapback]

I must admit I am a boxing fan but that has no bearing on what I think of this movie. This flick was more a profile of someone who, in my eyes, is the epitome of charachter, honor, morality. I guy I wish I was only a tenth of. Not too many movies have me talking or even thinking of them a day or two after Ive seen them. Crap if I grew up in the depression and WW2 era I would be so much a better person than I am now. :flirt:

Yeah, I saw it with a few buddies and we all thought it was awesome.(were all 20) So I would definatly recomend it for pretty much anyone one. One of my buddies is a not a boxing fan and he really liked it anyways. I felt the end of the movie was extremely powerful, we were all on the edge of our seats. Oh and renee zelwiger is in it and i hate her but the movie was still amazing so that says something about the quality of the film.

Hell my wife has to cook two meals sometimes because my kid doesnt like what supper is that night. He'll make twisted faces like he was being tortured or something.

355915[/snapback]

:doh::lol:

If my mother cooked something I didn't like...I ate it. Or went hungry.

Why the hell is your kid allowed to call the shots like that? Jesus, what are we turning into... :lol:

GREAT movie!!!

Richie Cunningham does a great job of recreating the Great Depression. Also, even if you aren't a boxing fan, you find yourself with goosebumps hoping that the 'good guy' wins.

Movie of the year, imo.

t-r

:doh:  :lol:

If my mother cooked something I didn't like...I ate it.  Or went hungry. 

Why the hell is your kid allowed to call the shots like that?  Jesus, what are we turning into...  :lol:

356502[/snapback]

We had to eat what was in front of us as well. It was no big deal to us. Problem is if I say something and push to hard I get into a war with the wife. He is my stepson so you can see the politics involved. Kids spoided what can I say.

We had to eat what was in front of us as well. It was no big deal to us. Problem is if I say something  and push to hard I get into a war with the wife. He is my stepson so you can see the politics involved. Kids spoided what can I say.

356533[/snapback]

Makes sense...

What really got me is reading that and realizing that that sort of thing is probably common nowadays. That, and if a parent did try the "Eat what's in front of you or don't eat" tactic these days, it's even money they'd have their kids taken away when some school administrator heard "My mommy didn't feed me last night". Like I said, what have we become...

Why did my parents MAKE me eat liver?  What's the deal with that?  No one can SERIOUSLY enjoy the taste of liver. 

Nasty

t-r

356579[/snapback]

They just didn't cook it right. It needs to be lightly dusted in seasoned flour, then lightly and quickly seared so it's still a little pink in the middle. Use Vidalia onions and saute them in butter with some white wine.

They just didn't cook it right. It needs to be lightly dusted in seasoned flour, then lightly and quickly seared so it's still a little pink in the middle. Use Vidalia onions and saute them in butter with some white wine.

356582[/snapback]

No, liver still sucks, along with Brussell sprouts. I dont care if Elvis served them up with three hookers from Vegas that won national "Eat Me I dont taste like Liver " awards. I still wouldnt eat them. NASTY .............

No, liver still sucks, along with Brussell sprouts. I dont care if Elvis served them up with three hookers from Vegas that won national "Eat Me I dont taste like Liver " awards. I still wouldnt eat them. NASTY .............

356587[/snapback]

Brussell sprouts are good too. Start a pot of boiling water, with a piece of bacon and some coarsely chopped garlic, some diced onion, a little shredded carrot (adds a touch of sweetness), a dash of salt and some course ground pepper. When it reduces by about one half add your brussell sprouts. Boil for about two minutes, add a dash of fresh ground nutmeg, cut back the heat and let them simmer until crisp tender. Serve with a light onion-induced veal stock based bechemel sauce.