Is there a doctor in the house?

scientific credibility? If it does, the extension of the logic would be that if one were to create a computer processor configured exactly like a human brain, one could theoretically create a "mind".

Fascinating stuff.

355298[/snapback]

It's not that it isn't credible; the fundamental basis is sound. But the speculation, while credible, is certainly aggressive. I'd say the idea, while far from being something that can be considered a workable theory, is interesting and well-founded enough to be worth serious investigation.

It's not that it isn't credible; the fundamental basis is sound.  But the speculation, while credible, is certainly aggressive.  I'd say the idea, while far from being something that can be considered a workable theory, is interesting and well-founded enough to be worth serious investigation.

355414[/snapback]

That's a pretty long-winded way to say you have no idea what the hell that article is talking about :doh:

It's not that it isn't credible; the fundamental basis is sound.  But the speculation, while credible, is certainly aggressive.  I'd say the idea, while far from being something that can be considered a workable theory, is interesting and well-founded enough to be worth serious investigation.

355414[/snapback]

I agree that the fundamental basis is sound, but is the idea you are referring to the existence of DID or Joe's speculation?

I agree that the fundamental basis is sound, but is the idea you are referring to the existence of DID or Joe's speculation?

355429[/snapback]

The article's speculation that "self" is a fiction. DID I consider a real albiet poorly understood syndrome...but the speculative result the article draws is pretty far out there, though not an unfounded speculation and worth investigation.

Hello Dave...

355471[/snapback]

"Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL...

Open the pod bay door, please, Hal... Hal, do you read me?"

"Affirmative, Dave. I read you."

"Then open the pod bay doors, HAL."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me."

... :doh:;)

:lol::lol:

"Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL...

Open the pod bay door, please, Hal... Hal, do you read me?"

"Affirmative, Dave. I read you."

"Then open the pod bay doors, HAL."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me."

... :doh:  ;)

:lol:  :lol:

355802[/snapback]

Will I dream?