The Simpsons Movie

The closest The Simpsons has come to the big screen was a computer-generated Homer cameo for the 2000 IMAX 3-D flick, CyberWorld.

That part was, without a doubt, AWESOME. Saw it at the IMAX theater in London. It was great!

CW

Never heard of that. What was that about?

354706[/snapback]

It was a 3D movie where they took you into a bunch of different rooms and you got to see a lot of cool 3d effects. The Simpsons part was ripped from the episode where Homer and Bart get sucked into the alternate dimension and you see them as "3d" characters instead of cartoons. Well, IMAX took it one step further and made it TRUE 3D (if you've never seen a 3D IMAX movie, go check one out; they're very cool).

http://www.imax.com/cyberworld/entrance.html

Click on "Inside Cyberworld" and then "Meet the Inhabitants." Lots of info on the site.

IMAX seems to be a much bigger deal in England than in the States. When we were over there (Oct '01), there were posters all over the place and the showing we wanted to see was actually sold out! The theater was packed when we went as well, and it wasn't just for this one - they had a lot of IMAX screens in one theater. Pretty cool.

CW

The best IMAX movie I have seen was a 3-D one on the Space Shuttle and the Space Station. They had footage taken outside while on a spacewalk, inside the station and shuttle and a closeup of a launch from Russia's facility. It was amazing!

The best IMAX movie I have seen was a 3-D one on the Space Shuttle and the Space Station. They had footage taken outside while on a spacewalk, inside the station and shuttle and a closeup of a launch from Russia's facility. It was amazing!

354722[/snapback]

I saw Apocalypse Now Redux. The helicopter scene was incredible. I saw the Michael Jordan movie too. It was OK, I was never a huge fan. The end featured his coast to coast run to win the finals. That was an astounding play. I just wish he hadn't come out of retirement.

The coolest IMAX I ever saw was the Michael Jordan one. Just makes me wanna watch clips of him all day long.

But about the simpsons...during my freshman year at ND (spring 2002), Nancy Cartwright came and spoke and I got tickets to see her. It was really cool. She did entire conversations back and forth between like Bart and Nelson and the Flanders boys.

But anyway, she spoke about them signing a contract (or being close to one) for a movie then...she even mentioned the possibility of a 2-3 movie deal. It's amazing how long these things take to get into motion.