James Cook's Kamara-esque game...(edit:new discussion on page 4)

Special K

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Don’t look now but Cook is 2nd in rushing yards in the NFL behind only CMC. And 3rd in total yards from scrimmage behind CMC and Hill. 

I just looked up that stat and was gonna post it myself. Beat me to it, good on you. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it’s pretty safe to say at this point that james has taken over his brother

Certainly present Dalvin Cook

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Don’t look now but Cook is 2nd in rushing yards in the NFL behind only CMC. And 3rd in total yards from scrimmage behind CMC and Hill. 

If you told me at the start of the reason that we would have a younger, cheaper CMC on the roster I would tell the team to get sized for rings.

Right now, Cook is the most potent offensive weapon Josh has not Diggs. And good. Now maybe we have a solution for bracket coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

• 9 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 10:47 PM, Special K said:

10 carries 58 yards

5 catches 83 yards 1 TD

I remember reading somewhere that James Cook said in an interview that he wants to model his game after Alvin Kamara.....well he sure did a good job of that today!

Having a dynamic RB that can both run and catch passes out of the backfield is the perfect type of RB for a QB like Josh Allen.

I hope Cook continues to grow and improve, and that this game was the first step in his becoming that Kamara-esque RB for the Bills he wants to be!!!

I meant to resurrect this thread after Cook and Kamara both won Offensive Player of the Week in week 2.

It really looks like the Dallas game last year truly was that first step towards Cook becoming that consistent dual-threat RB that takes this Offense to another level!!

If Cook has a few more games like the Dallas game from last year, and this year's Miami game, I think the league will have to take note and hold him in the same regard as they do his idol Alvin Kamara!

Keep Cookin' Cook!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Special K changed the title to James Cook's Kamara-esque game...(edit:new discussion on page 4)
1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I stated this elsewhere that Cook is a reliable receiver of good throws, but can't make difficult catches, if he makes those catches he will be CMC good 

How do you explain the drops on great throws that fall softly into both of his hands with no one contesting the catch that should be followed by a leisurely stroll into the endzone?  

A bunch of his drops are very easy catches. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How do you explain the drops on great throws that fall softly into both of his hands with no one contesting the catch that should be followed by a leisurely stroll into the endzone?  

A bunch of his drops are very easy catches. 

Yeah.  I like Cook a lot and think he's a great weapon.  But that drop last week should have been a TD.  That was not the kind of catch that ought to challenge a NFL RB.  In the end it didn't matter.  We scored on that drive anyway and the game ended in a rout.

But how do we feel when he drops a ball like that and it makes the difference between winning and losing?  I appreciate everything Cook does for the Bills, acknowledge his skills, and am aware that his catch percentage last  year was actually pretty good - but his hands still worry me.  

• Like (+1) 1