NYS Assembly Speaker

That's the "few exceptions" I was talking about. An 18 year old guy with a 16 year old girlfriend is called High School. But, just a guess...how many normal relationships of that nature get prosecuted as statuatory rape? Hell, half of us would be in prison were that true.

Probably not too many prosecutions of that. I avoided the whole thing as a HS teen by dating a college girl. :flirt: Within that group, however, are also guys in their early 20's hitting young teen girls - which if it were to involve my daughter - well, they would be lucky to get a prison sentence just to avoid me. So there's different levels even within this group.

There should be enough common sense in it to separate the wheat from the chaff. If one wants to, they can write or change laws to accomodate that. I don't like the idea of predators getting ANY protection based upon the maybes and the hypothetical what might happen that dilutes our "criminal justice" system.

I'm with you on that. The exceptions should not drive the rule. Considered, and attempted to allow for when possible, but not to the extent of being the focus.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic