Hold up on that Alexander to JAX rumour

d_wag

Jaguars deny Alexander report

The Jaguars scoffed at a report by The NFL Network that they had discussed a trade with Seattle for disgruntled running back Shaun Alexander but had balked at the Seahawks' demand for a third-round pick.

"It's a bunch of nonsense,'' Jaguars pro personnel director Charlie Bailey said. "Where do these things get started?''

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._18939441.shtml

alexander for a 3rd rounder is CRAZY. he should have had a new team 5 min. after the team said that.

im confused as to why he hasnt been traded yet.

353528[/snapback]

I agree he is a steal for a 3rd rounder but with the Salary Cap, and the salary he is looking for it causes problems.

alexander for a 3rd rounder is CRAZY. he should have had a new team 5 min. after the team said that.

Hey, when the asking price for him (and James for that matter) was even a 2nd rounder, he should have been traded. The issue has and always will be price for him (and James), and the fact that he (and James) have logged a number of carries in his career.

353528[/snapback]

1. Head case

2. Way expensive

3. Questions about his toughness

4. Plays the most replaceable position on the football field.

1.  Head case

2.  Way expensive

3.  Questions about his toughness

4.  Plays the most replaceable position on the football field.

353638[/snapback]

Darin,

I agree with all but #1, Alexander is a stand-up guy. When I think of head case I think of Kyle Turley or that DE from Chicago that went ballistic a few years ago. Alexander is a family man, has a faith, and from what I can tell from Seattle newspapers is fairly soft-spoken and humble.