The fallacy of points=good

Adam

talking about things like a bigger goal in hockey is stupid- thats not the kind of game fans want. Fans want scoring, but they want it to take skill.

If anyone can score, then its not exciting. Leagues should invest in their product, and work on expanding the playing field- this will compensate for the better athletes of today.

Higher scores themselves are not entertaining at all, and actually could make the game less entertaining.

I just want less grabbing, clutching, riding into the boards. enforce the rules so that defenders have to go for the big hit and either take the player with the puck out, or get burned and we can see a sweet goal.

its just boring when the two of them just drift into the boards.

I just want less grabbing, clutching, riding into the boards. enforce the rules so that defenders have to go for the big hit and either take the player with the puck out, or get burned and we can see a sweet goal.

its just boring when the two of them just drift into the boards.

353260[/snapback]

Amen!

The league has to try new things and expanding the goal is just one of numerous ideas. I think that it is a good idea if you are going to allow goaltenders to wear padding making their bodies double in size. Marty Biron for example weighs about 150 lbs. With his pads on he looks about 70 lbs heavier.

I don't know if the idea is good or bad, but taking different approaches to try and open up the game is a good thing. If it were up to me, I'd say leave the nets the same size and shrink the pad sizes.

Also, take the Red line out. Speed up the game.

t-r

I still think a larger playing surface- while expensive would open things up for the skill players, and prevent the unskilled players from bunching up to prevent scoring opportunities......open space=open game

I still think a larger playing surface- while expensive would open things up for the skill players, and prevent the unskilled players from bunching up to prevent scoring opportunities......open space=open game

354336[/snapback]

It's not as easy as going to the Olympic surface - that doesn't open the game as much as you'd think. There are a variety of fixes on the way and that isn't one of them, nor is changing the dimensions of the goal.