Taser 01 / Lady with an attitude 00

I guess I should have mouthed off to him or filed a lawsuit, huh?

352955[/snapback]

Just remind him who pays his salary!

You, the damn taxpayer!

Let him know that he should just wipe the powdered donut dust off his uniform, waddle back to his cruiser, and get after the real criminals.

It always works for me

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all goes back to common sense and respect.  The guy with the gun on his hip and the badge on his chest automatically gets respect - even if he's a complete prick.  There are times to STFU and color and times to fight.

352455[/snapback]

Thats exactly it. If everyone that was pulled over just did what you're supposed to; "Yes, sir", "No, sir" etc. There wouldn't be this kind of trouble. What the hell do people think is going to happen when they act like that.

Thats exactly it.  If everyone that was pulled over just did what you're supposed to; "Yes, sir", "No, sir" etc.  There wouldn't be this kind of trouble.  What the hell do people think is going to happen when they act like that.

353085[/snapback]

They think that they will be on the receiving end of a hefty lawsuit settlement, and they are frequently correct.

Look at some of the posts in this very thread. :lol:

Well, as one of the resident Police Officers on this board, I would like to comment.

First off, it sounds like the incident occurred near Delray Beach..........possibly Florida, which gives me some additional insight (since I work in Florida, as well).

Secondly, I am not sure what charges the Officer had on the subject (it was not clear from the video if she had a warrant for her arrest, or if she had a suspended license, etc).

However, when the Officer approaches the vehicle, the female subject clearly disobeys his lawful commands (Obstruction/Resisting Arrest Without Violence). which is a misdemeanor, at least to start with. 

This type of resistance is known as "Active Physical Resistance" and the appropriate response is any and all force, up to and including "Intermediate Impact Weapons" (both terms come from a Force Matrix we have to know inside and out, to graduate from any academy or field training program).

Intermediate Impact Weapons is a fancy term for most of the "tools" on our belts, such as Pepper Spray, the Baton and the Taser.

Contrary to popular belief, the Taser is actually the best choice of the three.  It is the most effective, which leads to immediate compliance and fewer injuries to the Officer(s) and the suspect(s).    The effects are gone almost as soon as the five second cycle ends...........what is left is a desire on the suspect's part to NEVER feel that again (and I had to take a hit myself in order to carry it.....nasty to say the least).

"Hands on techniques", Pepper Spray and/or the Baton are less effective and have longer lasting effects, such as injuries to all parties involved (I have experience with them, as well).    And, remember, if you start rolling around on the ground with a suspect, you are putting yourself in extreme jeopardy (namely, we have a firearm to protect).

Bottom line is the lady could have complied at any time.    Instead, she chose to escalate the situation and the Officer handled himself well, right down to his verbalization techniques and the control he exercised.      We are typically a "reactive entity", meaning we react to the actions of the suspects we are dealing with.

On a side note, the type of attitude she displayed is pretty common, especially where I work and live.    I guess you just get used to it, after a while when you see it day after day.  :lol:   

Mike

352593[/snapback]

Mike,

Thanks for the explanation....that was pretty informative.

I still think the police officer did the right thing but I dont think he handled himself very well.....I know she was being a B word but you could see him slowly starting to lose his cool.....his voice shaking and elevating even before he told her to get out of the car were givaway signs of that.......

But I know cops aren't robots either

Thats exactly it.  If everyone that was pulled over just did what you're supposed to; "Yes, sir", "No, sir" etc.  There wouldn't be this kind of trouble.  What the hell do people think is going to happen when they act like that.

353085[/snapback]

I must say I am a conservative who believes that police officers should be repected. But to say that every police officer is beyond reproach is ridiculous. I was " arrested " once for speeding in BMW convertible when I was 23 . Cop caught an attitude and started talkin chit about my daddy buying the car. Now I worked dam hard to buy that car, and the dude pissed me off and I told him what his no education , red necked ass motherf***er could do with that comment, and he immediately but me in cuffs. Wanted to search my car, and again told him to take a flying leap in so many words. At this, he hauled me off to the pokey for a night.

Long and short of it, everything was dropped when the judge heard the story. I know this guy was an exception, but to blindy say follow whatever a cop says is akin to being in mother Russia in 1963 in my mind

I must say I am a conservative who believes that police officers should be repected. But to say that every police officer is beyond reproach is ridiculous. I was " arrested " once for speeding in BMW convertible when I was 23 . Cop caught an attitude and started talkin chit about my daddy buying the car. Now I worked dam hard to buy that car, and the dude pissed me off and I told him what his no education , red necked ass motherf***er could do with that comment, and he immediately but me in cuffs. Wanted to search my car, and again told him to take a flying leap in so many words. At this, he hauled me off to the pokey for a night.

Long and short of it, everything was dropped when the judge heard the story. I know this guy was an exception, but to blindy say follow whatever a cop says is akin to being in mother Russia in 1963 in my mind

353122[/snapback]

So you're saying your night in jail was worth mouthing off? Discretion IS the better part of valor.

So you're saying your night in jail was worth mouthing off?  Discretion IS the better part of valor.

353126[/snapback]

What i"m saying is we are not in a facist or communist country. EVERY cop is not a good cop. This dude was pissed at 23 I had a BMW and wanted to take it out on me. Now, if i was 33, woulda sued his ass to kingdom come, but was just happy to get off from the speeding ticket, which I was guilty of.

But damn, you boys wanting to put jack boots on cops scare me.

What i"m saying is we are not in a facist or communist country. EVERY cop is not a good cop. This dude was pissed at 23 I had a BMW and wanted to take it out on me. Now, if i was 33, woulda sued his ass to kingdom come, but was just happy to get off from the speeding ticket, which I was guilty of.

But damn, you boys wanting to put jack boots on cops scare me.

353140[/snapback]

Nice inference.

Are all cops good guys? Nope.

Is it smart to mouth off to one of them for (in the grand scheme of things) a petty remark? Nope.

Obviously your powers of recognition haven't matured all that much since that fateful day when anyone who defends the actions of one police officer in one single incident captured on video tape now "wants to put jack boots on all police officers." :lol:

Her first mistake was asking for his name and his cruiser #. I know a common pleas judge who handles these things and he always says NEVER to do that. All it does is piss off the cop.

352309[/snapback]

ya cuz like u dont wanna piss off a cop by requesting something you have the right to ask for

ya cuz like u dont wanna piss off a cop by requesting something you have the right to ask for

353145[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess waiting for him to put his name on the bottom of the ticket would require some patience. :D

Wanna guarantee pissing off an officer? Be super confrontational from the start and question his competence and authority. You're almost guaranteed to win friends and influence people that way. :lol:

353145[/snapback]

Big difference in how you go about asking for that info compared to this wench's method.

Big difference in how you go about asking for that info compared to this wench's method.

353149[/snapback]

Why ask? They write it on the ticket. The smartest thing to do is say nothing. Be respectful and say as little as possible. You want the cop to remember as little about you as possible if you want to challenge him in court.

Common sense. It ain't so common.

Why ask?  They write it on the ticket.  The smartest thing to do is say nothing.  Be respectful and say as little as possible.  You want the cop to remember as little about you as possible if you want to challenge him in court.

Common sense.  It ain't so common.

353154[/snapback]

I agree, but if you're going to ask ...

Nice inference.

Are all cops good guys?  Nope.

Is it smart to mouth off to one of them for (in the grand scheme of things) a petty remark?  Nope.

Obviously your powers of recognition haven't matured all that much since that fateful day when anyone who defends the actions of one police officer in one single incident captured on video tape now "wants to put jack boots on all police officers."  :lol:

353144[/snapback]

Okay, I get your point. Like I said in my first post, I think 99% of officers deserve our respect . However, I also believe their are officers with a little attitude who have self worth issues that wnat to MAKE the world respect them.

I am not saying this cop was in the wrong, only that police are not infallable, just as we all are not

Okay, I get your point. Like I said in my first post, I think 99% of officers deserve our respect . However, I also believe their are officers with a little attitude who have self worth issues that wnat to MAKE the world respect them.

I am not saying this cop was in the wrong, only that police are not infallable, just as we all are not

353161[/snapback]

Fair enough.

!@#$ cops, i know i will get flamed for this, the girl probably did deserve what she got cuz i probably would have slapped her but i dislike cops and anything having to do with authority basically since most who have it abuse it, so ull never hear a word of sympathy from about a cop

That is the life of a police officer, and sadly, now a soldier. I will even throw doctors into the mix.

352809[/snapback]

teachers too. everyone thinks that because they went to school and pay their taxes, they know exactly what is wrong with public education.

of course now that i think about it, you can include almost everyone's line of work...it seems like whatever you do, there's some a-hole out there who thinks they know your job better than you do :lol: .

(TD, i know you're reading this...go ahead and laugh!)

btw...i support the cops actions because even though it sounds like the worst cruelest thing, the taser is least violent way to apprehend someonee..less chance of hurting her that way, then by yanking her kicking and screaming from the car.

Isn't the first rule of being a cop to ensure that you protect yourself?  For some reason, certain people chose to ignore this and/or think that shouldn't be a right of police officers.  Being a cop shouldn't require you to risk your life any more than necessary every time you have to deal with some POS like her.

352876[/snapback]

see that's thing about all this...at the end of the day, !@#$ or not, that cop just wants to go home in one piece and i can't begrudge him that. that's why he gets to taze the B word if she goes out of her way to give him trouble.

i've certainly encountered enough bully cops to know what thugs they can be, but by the same token, if you're not being a thug you deserve the benefit of the doubt- as was the case here.

truth be told, i was not able to un-learn my hatred of cops until i became an authority figure (however modest) and a public servant of sorts myself. the light bulb finally went on over my head when i got sick of being characterized with all the negative sterotypes that bad teachers bring to our profession. it's the same with cops.