Mike Johnson, New Speaker of the House.

B-Man

13 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Biden wears his catholicism on his sleeve. Have you ever called him Jesus boy?

Also, do you know what a rhetorical question is?

I don't recall him saying he will check the bible to see what governmnet policy he will enact 

• Like (+1) 1

Thats how it's done.

GOP Speaker Mike Johnson: Democrats Should End ‘Sanctuary City’ Secession Policies
NEIL MUNRO

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Mike Johnson called on the Big Apple Thursday to scrap its “sanctuary” city status if it wants federal money to help house thousands of migrants pouring into the city.

House GOP legislators will use their clout in the year-end funding fights to push to end Democrat cities’ secession from the nation’s immigration laws, House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) told the New York Post.

“I’m certain that will be one of our proposals, and it should,” the GOP’s new House leader told the newspaper.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/09/news/speaker-mike-johnson-to-nyc-dump-sanctuary-label-to-get-migrant-money/

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

😂

THIS IS THE REAL MIKE JOHNSON:

Wow, can you believe this – Speaker of the House Mike Johnson has in the past endorsed a proposal whereby the people of the United States — you know, THE sovereign power, aka “We the People” — would do in 2023 what we did way back in 1784.

That is, call a convention of delegates representing each of the states to consider amendments to the present Constitution and recommend any the majority of them think should be submitted to the states for possible ratification.

I mean, the horror of such a thing, the ultimate illustration of republican democracy in action! OMG, they could repeal the EPA, stop the government from borrowing more trillions of dollars, even limit how long anybody can serve in Congress!

Clearly, Politico thinks Johnson should be thrown out, not just of the Speakership, but also out of the House of Representatives and indeed out of American public life because he is clearly a mortal threat to existing order.

by Mark Tapscott

https://instapundit.com/616346/#disqus_thread

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/11/10/mike-johnson-rewrite-constitution-00126157

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If I can offer them some advice, I'd tell them to push even hard for abortion bans, I really think it will pay off for them eventually! 

I never thought I'd see the day where being able to kill a baby was more important to people than stopping the terrible policies of the Dems.  But I guess it had to end sometime...

Hey, 'liberal' bigots gonna bigot.

Progressives Are Still Having a Conniption Over House Speaker Mike Johnson's Christianity

8a6fa3a1-f246-4622-ab61-4f0b1cea4359-105

Folks on the left are still whining and crying about newly minted House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA). Even though he took the position over two weeks ago, they are still in full meltdown mode, writing op-eds and filing reports designed to make him look like a religious fanatic seeking to install a Christian theocracy as our government a la “The Handmaid’s Tale.”

{snip}

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a once noble organization that has now transformed into a progressive propaganda mill, published a piece insinuating that Johnson is a favorite of various “hate groups.” Keep in mind, we have to take the SPLC’s use of the term “hate group” with all of the salt in the Dead Sea; its only use for that label is to discredit political opponents whether they are aligned with hate movements or not.

Unfortunately, the folks at SPLC and Rolling Stone know their audience isn’t going to scrutinize their claims. They are the same type of people who likely believe Johnson wants to make America a Christian Nationalist country. This isn’t to say that Christian nationalists don’t exist. But the moniker has lost all meaning since progressives enjoy applying it to anyone they don’t like.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/11/11/progressives-are-still-having-a-conniption-over-house-speaker-mike-johnson-n2166179

• Like (+1) 1

'Between Light and Darkness': Mike Johnson Speaks With Moral Clarity at the March for Israel

By Susie Moore 

e4e0535c-f90e-43f4-8f9e-89f8d759873b-105

It was a brief speech, but an eloquent one. And it drove home the importance of moral clarity on this issue. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/11/14/between-light-and-darkness-mike-johnson-speaks-with-moral-clarity-at-the-march-for-israel-n2166364

Bipartisan House Vote Averts Government Shutdown, Hands New Speaker Mike Johnson a 'Win'

8a6fa3a1-f246-4622-ab61-4f0b1cea4359-536

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/11/14/bipartisan-house-vote-averts-government-shutdown-hands-new-speaker-mike-johnson-a-win-n2166358

Gee, when Nancy got it passed, it was celebrated here.

I wonder what has changed.

🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Oh, but a pos criminal like Trump is not a sign of decline and moral corruption? Typical selective moralizing. That in itself shows the speaker is himself an empty vessel, a corrupt agent 

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-johnson-depraved-america-deserves-160000696.html 

In an October prayer call hosted by a Christian-nationalist MAGA pastor, Rep. Mike Johnson was troubled that America’s wickedness was inviting God’s wrath.

Talking to pastor Jim Garlow on a broadcast of the World Prayer Network, Johnson spoke ominously of America facing a “civilizational moment.” He said, “The only question is: Is God going to allow our nation to enter a time of judgment for our collective sins? … Or is he going to give us one more chance to restore the foundations and return to Him?”

The segment was filmed Oct. 3, just weeks before Johnson’s unexpected rise to become speaker of the House. Garlow pressed the clean-cut Louisiana congressman to say “more about this ‘time of judgment’ for America.” Johnson replied: “The culture is so dark and depraved that it almost seems irredeemable.” He cited, as supposed evidence, the decline of national church attendance and the rise of LGBTQ youth — the fact, Johnson lamented, that “one-in-four high school students identifies as something other than straight.”

Discussing the risk of divine retribution, Johnson invoked Sodom, the Old Testament city destroyed by God for its wickedness with a rain of burning sulfur. Johnson is a polished orator, but in a closing prayer with Garlow he grew tearful. Johnson intoned, “We repent for our sins individually and collectively. And we ask that You not give us the judgment that we clearly deserve.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, but a pos criminal like Trump is not a sign of decline and moral corruption? Typical selective moralizing. That in itself shows the speaker is himself an empty vessel, a corrupt agent 

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-johnson-depraved-america-deserves-160000696.html 

In an October prayer call hosted by a Christian-nationalist MAGA pastor, Rep. Mike Johnson was troubled that America’s wickedness was inviting God’s wrath.

Talking to pastor Jim Garlow on a broadcast of the World Prayer Network, Johnson spoke ominously of America facing a “civilizational moment.” He said, “The only question is: Is God going to allow our nation to enter a time of judgment for our collective sins? … Or is he going to give us one more chance to restore the foundations and return to Him?”

The segment was filmed Oct. 3, just weeks before Johnson’s unexpected rise to become speaker of the House. Garlow pressed the clean-cut Louisiana congressman to say “more about this ‘time of judgment’ for America.” Johnson replied: “The culture is so dark and depraved that it almost seems irredeemable.” He cited, as supposed evidence, the decline of national church attendance and the rise of LGBTQ youth — the fact, Johnson lamented, that “one-in-four high school students identifies as something other than straight.”

Discussing the risk of divine retribution, Johnson invoked Sodom, the Old Testament city destroyed by God for its wickedness with a rain of burning sulfur. Johnson is a polished orator, but in a closing prayer with Garlow he grew tearful. Johnson intoned, “We repent for our sins individually and collectively. And we ask that You not give us the judgment that we clearly deserve.”

It sounds like his god is almost as powerful as the green god that the left uses in the same way.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, Wacka said:

Athiest commie groomer.

You're a weird old man.

First for thinking atheist is an insult.  Commie is just unoriginal and dumb.  I haven't seen anyone here ever tout any type of communist talk at all but then again, you probably dont know what it really means.  I know, it's you're lame comeback when you dudes with walkers get called Fascists but still....it doesnt actually make sense.

Then groomer.  You're saying it quite a bit here lately.  I don't know if you're having naughty thoughts or guilt over something (hope not) but there's this thing in real life outside of message boards where a person that accuses others of something a lot is often that very thing.  Like the guy in high school that overused gay and ended being gay.  Or the many Qanon freaks who fight the good fight against child sex trafficking but are sexual offenders.