Oh god, here we friggin go...

Watch this go through. A coach can't look respectable by wearing a suit on the sidelines, but Jack in the Box will be able to advertise their Big N Beefy Chili Burger on Julius Jones' leg.

352174[/snapback]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ultimate Cheeseburger. :drool:

I can honestly say that if the NFL put ads on their uniforms and then sold the exact same thing to the fans I would never buy another jersey again.

352531[/snapback]

I think this is a solid point. Right now, the NFL is one of the biggest money making machines around and adding corporate logos on the jerseys is way too dicey of a move for the League to make. Most people are sick of being bombarded with advertisements, and I think it would end up hurting the NFL more than help it, financially.

I think this is a solid point.  Right now, the NFL is one of the biggest money making machines around and adding corporate logos on the jerseys is way too dicey of a move for the League to make.  Most people are sick of being bombarded with advertisements, and I think it would end up hurting the NFL more than help it, financially.

352606[/snapback]

Couple of points here. Who else remebers the out rage, outrage I say, when the NHL allowed teams to sell ad space on the boards? Seems we have all lived with that.

Second, the advertising does not need to be garish. I am in the UK quite often(here right now as a matter of fact) and the football and rugby jerseys are big sellers, and most look kinda cool. I am fine with it as long as ALL of that revenue is shared.