It Looks Like Pretty Good Attitude News from OTAs

I was struck in a look at articles about individual players, their attendance at voluntary workouts and reports about their work that things look pretty good and many fears and complaints seem overblown

Williams- I had some concerns when he missed the first OTA that he might be in a little funk because JMac had to threaten his future as a motivational tool last year by saying that he may be moved inside (a threat which seemed to fool MW and ICE even though it made little football sense). Even worse, I feared his missing OTSs might be a replay of the meltdown which saw him report in pre-season over 400 lbs and in horrible shape which saw him injure his foot as he struggled to shed lbs.

Yet, an article not only reported that he had arrived for the 2nd OTA, but was at a supple (for him) 375 lbs. and he sounded like he was committed to elevating his game to the next level.

He clearly needs/deserves to restructure his contract, but I think now the Bills are waiting on this in order not to have a bunch of caproom if they negotiate with someone like Verba.

McGahee- It sounds like his workouts at UM are the real deal in terms of improving his body (I'm sure they are taking ample opportunity to enjoy the sex in Miami as well though) and that he will report here next week. Reports of him somehow being dissatisfied enough to hold out and Rosenhaus taking thia tack with some of his players sound completely baseless regarding WM.

Losman- I actually do not feel bad at all to hear he is up and down in showing total command and control of the offense and the game in OTAs, because even if he impressed in practice all the time I suspect he will still struggle in games from time to time.

I worry less about JPs development than fans and the media developing rediculous expectations of production from him that he likely not meet and MM and the Bills having to deal with a framework which over-relies on JP. I think the Bills will perform best when JP is utilized simply a cog in the machine because if we decide to depend on a first time starter to be all -Wolrd in order for us to win we are quite likely in for a rude awakening. I think the key to his play is for him to be asked to be more like Dilfer than like Montana.

I also note in OTAs that Sobieski was out with injury yet again. See ya Ben.