Bills are throwing a bone to the fans who hate

As I was walking to my car yesterday, I noticed a bunch of people with the new throwback jerseys on. I had my Thurman Thomas jersey with me and I realized something. They've gone back to the royal blue that everyone was missing. There was a bunch of complaints about the new uniforms when they came out, many of them were people who missed the royal blue. A lot of the older fans hated the new uniform because it screwed up with tradition and seemed too much like the Broncos jerseys. Even Kent Hull said that "The first time I saw the jersey they're wearing now, I thought they looked like the Denver Broncos. This looks like Buffalo."

By bringing these back as throwbacks, it's a way for the Bills to throw a bone to the fans and apologize in a way. I think that their main goal for these new jerseys is to increase sales and it did what they wanted. A bunch of people bought them yesterday and a bunch are still buying them off the site. Either way, I'm glad they decided to bring the old style back. I love the way the royal blue looks.

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/store-b...rge/mcthrow.jpg

you are right...the royal blue has been sorely missed....you know i don't mind when teams want to change their unis, but i hate when they mess with the colors! (golisano, are you listening?

i think that it is the reason i tolerate our current road unis better than most people: at least they have SOME royal on them!

I don't really buy that argument either. Were these advertised as "throwback" or "alternate" jerseys? Not sure which but if it was throwback then they had no choice but to go with the royal blue. I don't really care one way or another. I ordered a throwback but I am in the minority who like our "new" jerseys too.

I don't really buy that argument either. Were these advertised as "throwback" or "alternate" jerseys? Not sure which but if it was throwback then they had no choice but to go with the royal blue. I don't really care one way or another. I ordered a throwback but I am in the minority who like our "new" jerseys too.

351822[/snapback]

I like both jersies, too. I am considering getting a new style home jersey this year but do not know which player I want yet. I have made a "Rockpile" jersey in the old and the new "blue and red" style

Rather than throwing anyone a bone, the Bills are just joining the several other NFL teams who have worn throwbacks over the past few years.

The league has turned its Thanksgiving games into throwback events, with the Lions, Pats, Colts, Bears, and Cowboys among the teams who've worn throwback unis.

The Chargers have worn their throwbacks more often than other teams, and the Bills have joined them in honoring a team milestones by wearing them, rather than only wearing them on "throwback" week.

It is a way to make money, but it's a cool way to do it, since the Bills are calling to attention the 40+ years they've been in Buffalo.

Teams in the NBA, NHL, and MLB have also worn throwbacks over the past few years.