So we’re rooting for the Jets, right? Potential Broncos fire sale?

dave mcbride

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hines, Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield...all targets that came in new and can't seem to be trusted to see much in the way of targets or playtime over the past 2 years. 

Those are all marginal players with situational skill sets. Jeudy is a legit top 2 WR that can run all the routes. Not only does he immediately slot in as our primary WR2, but everyone else gets bumped down the depth chart - which helps a limited player like Davis look better in a reduced role facing lesser DBs.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I won't really believe the Broncos would trade Surtain until they do it, but I would easily give up our 1st if they were willing.

More realistically I think Jeudy is an obvious move. Through 4 games he is catching 70.8% of his targets. Unlike Davis he can run every route. He isn't a superstar but he would be an upgrade for sure. What would they want for him? A 2nd?

Didn't they release Gregory?

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Those are all marginal players with situational skill sets. Jeudy is a legit top 2 WR that can run all the routes. Not only does he immediately slot in as our primary WR2, but everyone else gets bumped down the depth chart - which helps a limited player like Davis look better in a reduced role facing lesser DBs.

I get the "bump down" and like I said...I get the theory of #2 WR being a need. I just lack confidence that Dorsey knows how to utilize what he's got. He doesn't have a history of scheming guys to success. 

I actually was rooting for the Jets mainly because of Paytons uncalled for comments back in July about Hackett.  This was kind of a revenge game for him and couldn't happen to a nicer guy in Payton.

Did think it was funny at the end when Wilson fumbled the last time, as he walked off the field Payton said something to him and Wilson just walked by and ignored him.  Not sure which of the two I like less though Wilson or Payton, tough call there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.